Confirmed by TS Performance

x2 on needing more events to let the class grow naturally. FWIW - I think the trans setup we have in DirtyMax would be a VERY SMALL advantage. We still have a converter for torque multiplication, but also lockup for the top end, combined with a high-efficiency and durable transmission. Only the last part is any different than an OEM trans - it is higher efficiency (less losses in the geartrain) and more durable. The precise shifting can be obtained with an OEM trans and a standalone trans controller.

As I mentioned before, I think the Danco could probably make some good qualifying passes but would be just too hard to launch consistently.

The biggest thing I would like to see is to keep the rules stable for at least a few races to allow the class to grow. Even people who had issues that kept them from attending were already building their trucks around the specified rules. I personally don't think the Danco & Lenco transmissions would be much if any advantage, but since the rules already forbid them then let's leave them as is.

I think what they are getting at is DirtyMax doesn't need a class. Nor do most want DirtyMax to drop down for many different reason. Make it so those trucks can't drop down. This class is an attempt to get the quantity of trucks back. If you have a truck set up with a Danco or something. Why would you even be interested in class honestly? Other than to maybe see what it would do with a 2.6 there should be no reason a Danco equipped truck would even want to drop to this class. Unless of course they are scared of the class they are in. I do see the point on both sides. But going back to the purpose of this class. I would also agree that they should be left out. Dennis your event and rules have a very big influence in other organizations and peoples rigs. Lots of people build their trucks just to compete with your rules and Scheids. The others know that. What they want to avoid is these people doing such builds and not being able to run in the other events for this class due to this one simple rule. I hope you take it all into consideration before making a decision. Regardless AirDog will be here to support the class, the event and the racers.

Last edited:
The intention of the class was for daily driven trucks, everyone knows that. A Lenco or danco are not that. To get ProMod or ProStreet trucks to drop down to this type class does nothing to grow the class and that is just what allowing these transmissions in does. I can remember not to long ago when Dennis said NO to having a Lenco in ProStreet so why now would it be OK for a street driven truck class?

Since I'm the guy that put the rules together for Jeff and Gary I know pretty well what they were after and the Turbo rule was pushing it and many have asked for it to be dropped to an off the shelf 66 mm compressor unit. Keep it the way it is, as no one has a Lenco or a danco now so why even let it get started.

Last edited:
I understand Dennis' point, it's his race, he can do what he wants. As long as Gary & Jeff hold steady with their rules, I doubt anyone would build a Lenco or Danco equipped truck just for one race (and not a mega-purse race at that).

The intention of the class was for daily driven trucks, everyone knows that. A Lenco or danco are not that. To get ProMod or ProStreet trucks to drop down to this type class does nothing to grow the class and that is just what allowing these transmissions in does. I can remember not to long ago when Dennis said NO to having a Lenco in ProStreet so why now would it be OK for a street driven truck class?

Since I'm the guy that put the rules together for Jeff and Gary I know pretty well what they were after and the Turbo rule was pushing it and many have asked for it to be dropped to an off the shelf 66 mm compressor unit. Keep it the way it is, as no one has a Lenco or a danco now so why even let it get started.

So your the one that spec'ed the wrong turbo for the class? Good job :)

So people call you out on changing the rules and you just cancel the whole class? Seems real immature, expecially from a race organizer and vendor. I don't have any say in this but just doing some useless reading but it kinda makes you sound bad. It's your race and your event though.

How about you let any transmission type run. If the "other" transmission types become a huge advantage, change the rules.

So people call you out on changing the rules and you just cancel the whole class? Seems real immature, expecially from a race organizer and vendor. I don't have any say in this but just doing some useless reading but it kinda makes you sound bad. It's your race and your event though.

This class is not what is was set out to be. I know of people making 1200hp with a 2.6 turbo. That is not a street driven truck, that requires a roll cage. I like the idea of the class but you can drop the word budget from it. I just got off the phone with Dan and after the season we will come up with an entry level class. If you would have read the whole thread you would have seen I said I posted prematurely. BTW..... I didn't change my mind....Aftermarket transmission will be allowed.

Well it's good to see theres some planning for an entry level class. Didnt wanna sound like an a$$ but just saying that post sounded kinda bad. I also did read te whole thread $.02

This class is not what is was set out to be. I know of people making 1200hp with a 2.6 turbo. That is not a street driven truck, that requires a roll cage. I like the idea of the class but you can drop the word budget from it. I just got off the phone with Dan and after the season we will come up with an entry level class. If you would have read the whole thread you would have seen I said I posted prematurely. BTW..... I didn't change my mind....Aftermarket transmission will be allowed.
A simple rule list is easier for me to follow. Here's what I hear you saying:

1. A turbo that won't let a 2.65" plug fall in.
2. A vehicle that weighs 6000#.
3. #2 diesel fuel injection only.
4. Passes NHRA rules for the ET.

If those 4 are met, the vehicle passes tech, yes?

Call it whatever you want. At this point I'd call it "Gary and Jeff's Super happy fun time without many rules party (tuned by Smarty)".

Jeff and Gary's is not what this thread is about..

I was refering to whats this class in this thread should Not be called then.

Great idea! Get rid of the stupid sled pulling protrusion rule and allow ANY 2.6" turbo, bushing or not.

DOT tires is another rule.

Yes providing it meets current turbo requirements.

Last edited:
I spoke with Dennis today, and if he wants Danco, Lenco, or a space shuttle in his race it's his. I'll be there to support it and try and make it grow! I want all you guys to get in the seats or on the track. Sled pulling, drag racing, dynoing, show n shine, anything. Let's don't try and break this down before it gets started, or even give it a chance. We all have something in common, and it's powerful diesel's.......period. I'm still regular Joe with regular Joe everyday job, but I'm on fire for this sport. Let's let this race come and go, talk about it objectively, and I bet the people promoting it will listen to what the fans want.

Everyone is beginning to talk about a S300 based charger, quit now while you're ahead. I raced last weekend with a turbo that costs less than a Silver 66. That's a pretty good deal, if all you gotta do is get your but down there and line up against like minded people that love racing. I'm not gonna post any more in this thread, but the people that know me know I mean what I'm saying now

Yes it is his race, but for a sport to grow uniformed rules is the biggest part. If every guy changes the rule for his particular race its not growing.

Maybe there should be a size limit on both the inducer and the exducer of the compressor wheel so all the turbos would pretty much be the same. That way there wouldn't be the need for the fancy setups to help spool a huge wheel. That would equal the playing field more then any thing and it would be easy to check, just pull the covers off and have a couple of gauges to fit over the wheels if they don't go then their out.

so was this before or after you gave us light?

Back