Big turbo, big injectors, big problems

I have some stuff from elite and it is all good product. I think they have the best injectors out there and There fuel system works very well. I have elite 430's and they are really low on icp. they spike near 2000 rpm's and fall off fast.

i remember when i first put the 175's in my truck, it was the first time that it actually idled SMOOTH. it was so smooth you almost couldn't tell it was running while sitting in it except for the sound... the stockers weren't even smooth...
so i am definitely going to put it under the knife one more time. one last hail mary and it's going to get new heads/gaskets/injectors and then i'm closing the book for the 6.0. if it gives me any more problems after this i'm going to consider going the 5.9 route.

the truck is getting 205's for now, the customer wants a driveable truck, so a twin turbo common rail 5.9 will be going in for next year

wow all these truck problems,I thought mine was bad,I have cam,insanity turbo,340 injectors,fuel system,ported heads,ported intake,ported manifolds,pump gears,speerco intercooler,2800 stall converter.My truck still idles perfect and runs good the charger lites and rips my only complaint is hpop,we have to keep fuel pulse width verey low to maintain oil pressure so im looking for the second oil pump too.I have to say out of the hole truck the trans is most of my problem it hates what im doing to it and three times going in it and it still just cant hang.but all in all im happy and I drive mine on the street it just takes some geting used too,at 45mph and roll in to the throttle to 15lbs and floor it its all over the road and the revlimiter I just bent another push rod last night,any way good luk guys if you have any questions let me know Ill try to help in any way,and if you know what i can do with this trans do tell.:charger:

wow all these truck problems,I thought mine was bad,I have cam,insanity turbo,340 injectors,fuel system,ported heads,ported intake,ported manifolds,pump gears,speerco intercooler,2800 stall converter.My truck still idles perfect and runs good the charger lites and rips my only complaint is hpop,we have to keep fuel pulse width verey low to maintain oil pressure so im looking for the second oil pump too.I have to say out of the hole truck the trans is most of my problem it hates what im doing to it and three times going in it and it still just cant hang.but all in all im happy and I drive mine on the street it just takes some geting used too,at 45mph and roll in to the throttle to 15lbs and floor it its all over the road and the revlimiter I just bent another push rod last night,any way good luk guys if you have any questions let me know Ill try to help in any way,and if you know what i can do with this trans do tell.:charger:

yeah i've gone thru about 4 trannies already myself, and been thru several converters, from 1800 up to wellover 3000rpm stall..
current setup seems to be pretty much working well for me now. i'm using a basically stock stall speed , with the billet face, multi disc yada yada yada, and the current tranny seems to be holding the power. it's the equivalent of what you'd get with a full suncoast build, the alto red eagle frictions, and the kolene steels, they are the black steels that have been heat treated. i was running a high stall converter like yours to get my large turbine to spool with the 175's, but now with the 200cc sticks the stock stall spools fine with the extra fuel, except that i now have a bad injector or two the truck has been misfiring real bad.

if i had to do it all over again, i'd just drop the dough and go with a john wood tranny i've heard nothing but good things about those .

Back