Big turbo, big injectors, big problems

It sounds like you are running out of high pressure oil like others have said. Mine ran the same way with 295 injectors in it with Bobs pump. I am running high birds in my truck right now to maintain oil pressure. Since i have got it back i have put on almost 13,000 miles on it 8 truck pulls 2 dyno events and dragged raced it 3 times and pulled many loads with it. I can not be happier with my truck. Yes my truck is going back to Elite this winter to get twin HPOP's on it with the injectors i originally purchased. Sorry to hear about your problems. Lubeowner is correct that pipe on the other guy's twins is a updated one to maintain the stock bottle for antifreeze. The twin kits have a sequence order to bolting up so everything fits. With my setup and 4:30 gears i am still getting 18mpg hand calculated.

Dan

ok, dont take this the wrong way...but you said high birds....lmao!! hybrids..? and you get 18 MPG?????? i cant hardly get that with 180s...

not to hijack....but whats a good stall for just some small stage 2 injectors...think mines 1800 or so right now...seems like 2100 would be good..? but dont know if its worth pullin the trans and shippin it to PI to get changed..

well i put the new converter, took the ats out and put the suncoast 265 3000 stall in and it is 10 times better, still need to work out the tuning, getting better though

still runs out of high pressure oil with tadds tune, pulled well sunday until that happened. any availability on upgrades ?

well that really sucks we now have a set of injectors in a truck that can't be used to even half there potential

295's i'm trying to figure out a possible belt driven setup others will most likely be done first but i'm working on it

be advised the pumps leak. Talk to Tadd he has a twin in the works from what it sounds like from Dan and others.

that's pretty much the way this sport goes. Those that are leading, have to make everything, test it and then try to produce it for thoses to follow. It takes quite a while, but atleast we have pioneers like Tadd to do the dirty work for us.

well i took the truck to the dyno today, with tadd's tune it made 442 h.p. and ran out of oil at 4,000 rpms. with eric's tune it runs out @ 3,000, with my tune it made 420h.p. and ran out @ 4,100. guess these injectors have to come out.

well i took the truck to the dyno today, with tadd's tune it made 442 h.p. and ran out of oil at 4,000 rpms. with eric's tune it runs out @ 3,000, with my tune it made 420h.p. and ran out @ 4,100. guess these injectors have to come out.

Ouch!

I would say so, I made 476 with a set of Cass 190's and a beans turbo, with a bad HPOP. That sucks man, but know there are a few folks out there working on the HPOP problem on the 6.0.

View attachment 10466
View attachment 10467

View attachment 10468

View attachment 10469

View attachment 10470Yeah call Tadd. Good Luck with that.I got a compound kit from him and none of the plumbing is fitting,not even close.It's near impossible to get ahold of him for support and to answer some questions about his **** set-up.Seems to me that after the sale is made they don't want nothin' to do with their customers!I got injectors,fuel system,ported heads,fire rings,etc,etc from them.After spending thousands of dollars you'd think they'd answer some phone calls.I could write a book about the problems I've had with the crew at elite.

yeah i've voiced my experiences with elite in the past too and all it did was stir up crap from everyone who thinks they are the be-all end-all... although they DO know what they are doing, their customer service has sent my thousands of dollars to other vendors.

however the reason i even looked at this thread was because the title called to me : big turbo, big injectors, big problems !!
i can write that book for you bro !! however as i read more of this thread i will learn more but if you even thought that the mods you stated could even be remotely mild mannered on the street that was your first mistake OP... and thinking that ANYTHING manufactured by banks belongs on a truck that wild was your second... (except maybe for an intercooler)

Back