SSR beta testers...lets talk

DANG Ash!!

Thats a personal best, right??

Was that on the Squeeze or Fuel only?

You must have found something!! That leaps and bounds above what I've seen you do before....

You must have lost some weight too! Cause that MPH is consistant with your old 1/8 mile right?

I dropped about 300-400 lbs and stuck some drag radials on. This is my personal best in this truck. That is with no NX, fuel only. This truck has actually never ran faster on NX. I have never had enough fuel to do it.

It went a 6.94@102mph with a 1.57 60 ft with tntr on 9 and the 478. That was the first pass of the day. Then I went to the trailer, swapped the the 2.6 turbo back on and went 7.00@99mph with a 1.60 60ft. Next pass was with SSR and it slowed down a few hundredths of a second. Didnt have time to reload another tune and make another pass. So I guess i'll have to wait til next weekend. Hopefully I'll get some dyno time also. Below are the SSR settings I used.

LLRP 50
HLRP 50
LLT 25
HLT 35
LLD 30
HLD 40
RPM High
Shift Limit Off
Speed Limiter 250

Also, the truck is 100% smokeless after launch with both tunes. I will have more fuel next week with the new injectors. I might just have the throw the NX on then and see what we can get out of this tired old engine.

Yea, I knew the duration was on overkill. I was just trying to see if there was anymore fuel left in this thing. i will try these settings when i get back to the track. This truck seems to love timing though. I never get any rattle after boost comes on. Thanks for the help Greg.

Current settings I now as running:

HLDuration = 30
HLTiming = 32
HLRail = 50
LLDuration = 35
LLTiming = 25
LLRail = 30

Torque = 2
Speed = 250
Shift defuel = off
RPM = high

This is a setup that I am planning on using at the track this weekend. At least to start with.

Paul

I went to the track last night and made a couple easy launch 1/8 mi passes. Was mainly working on some shifting strategies and adjusting when the TC locks. Looking at the datalogs, my changes didn't work as well as I expected (actually worse than before:doh: ) and I need to work on them some more.

Regardless of that, the engine ran great! SSR settings were:

LLT 15
LLD 15
LLRP 15
HLT 30
HLD 32
HLRP 30

Ran a couple 7.0's @ 101 with very soft low 1.70 60's (usually pull lowto mid 1.50's) and coasted through the 1/4 at an 11.4 @ 98

Greg,

Have you increased the LLTiming, and LLDuration to see the effect on the shifts?

Paul

Greg,

Have you increased the LLTiming, and LLDuration to see the effect on the shifts?

Paul

Paul,

My tranny is controlled by a PCS and the ECM is basically flashed as a manual so I don't have the Dodge ECM tranny control issues. The low level settings make spooling easy the way I have them set and there are no delays or defuels in the shifts. I am just trying to get them and the lockup at the right point.

Gang,
here's the link to the " Tuning Instructions " that come with every SSR.
http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/SSR_Tuning_Instructions.pdf

One little trick I did not mention while working on the HLT is....
The problem on the dyno is that often the engine is not fully loaded. Timing is in direct relationship to the boost build in the cylinder. Or in other words the heat during the compression stroke. K? Then hotter, then less timing...

Now what? Loose some power because we're not sure that the timing is too high for the track? Nope! Trick... Don't use a blower in front of the engine!
Don't cool the intercooler. Voilà trick done. This works one time and the next time too.... been there, done that.

Marco

I went to the track last night and made a couple easy launch 1/8 mi passes. Was mainly working on some shifting strategies and adjusting when the TC locks. Looking at the datalogs, my changes didn't work as well as I expected (actually worse than before:doh: ) and I need to work on them some more.

Regardless of that, the engine ran great! SSR settings were:

LLT 15
LLD 15
LLRP 15
HLT 30
HLD 32
HLRP 30

Ran a couple 7.0's @ 101 with very soft low 1.70 60's (usually pull lowto mid 1.50's) and coasted through the 1/4 at an 11.4 @ 98

And a video of the same info playing on the dataloger display

http://youtu.be/-H2NiNx7Sk8

Aron Nick just stopped by the house and updated my Beta SSR unit for me!

Thanks Buddy!

Now All I need is my dang truck put back together.

Yea, I knew the duration was on overkill. I was just trying to see if there was anymore fuel left in this thing. i will try these settings when i get back to the track. This truck seems to love timing though. I never get any rattle after boost comes on. Thanks for the help Greg.

How big of injectors are you running and wut is your 2.6 setup. I have a custom billet 2.6 from II i just put on. I wont be doing any drag raceing though. im thinking about the ssr for redding.

Back