SSR beta testers...lets talk

Probably lots of people who would buy your used Smarty too if you sold it for SSR bif

exactly... Smarty is the premier Cummins programmer... You can go buy a brand new bully dog, PPE, predator, quadzilla, etc. ANY other Cummins programmer. Open the box and you'll be lucky to get HALF of your money out of it that same day.

used Smartys hold their value like crazy... a 4yr old standard S06 is still worth more than any of those day old programmers

Marco has invested a lot of time and money in this software. You think those international flights to attend long dyno and road test sessions are free? Ever play around with hex coding? Not something I'm going to be doing for free! LOL

MADS has decided that the SSR will be a new programmer release, NOT a software release. If you want to buy one? Do it, you won't be the only one! :D If you want a free one? Win a raffle or something I guess :confused:

the flights aren't all that much, it is the standing up to make a pot right for a race where others walked away from a responsibility that hurt in a 23k kinda way. \s/

Last year I did some initial testing with the SSR on the drag truck, I can't tell you how impressed I was with my 60 foot times, I was able to use the SSR as a Two step for launching. I dialed it down in duration and timing to spool my big single charger. It would come up against the transbrake and sit there until I hit it. Man did it pull like crazy.

I have now switched from a 03-04 ecm to a 06 ecm in order to get more fuel from it. Will be at the track in 10 days to see how it launches now.

Will try and make the redding race in May also.

Malcolm

Thanks Forrest seems you have all the answers. The question was to Bob or Marco ,
Pricing would be nice ,I will just wait and see who has the better product for round two,
Smarty or __FI . Time will tell .

hardint,
you don't seem to get the point.

First of all, two different products. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Then... this is what I have just posted in the other thread.

A few facts you need to keep in consideration about the SSR.

First of all this is the most sofisticated HAND-HELD programmer EVER.
Meaning, it's the first and only -simple to use- device that allows for a complete performance software customization. No need to know about binary code, using sofisticated software's, loong test 'n trials.

The 50 possible levels of each parameter that can be selected make for : 15.625.000.000 possible combinations for each truck. From 2003 to 2007 that's 46 different software variations. So you need to make that number times 46 to get the whole picture. Try to stuff something like that into a handheld and you start to understand why the SSR took over two years of R&D.

Furthermore, the money spent in fuel, tires and various parts used on the dyno alone is...I don't even want to think about it.

Then again, this has been the biggest Beta test I have ever conducted. I have given away more than 50 beta units; for FREE.

Combine the above with the fact that the SSR is a product for a small market niche, the racers. Add to this that everybody involved in my company says that I musta-havta be completly stupid to spend all that time and money in a niche product that will never make up for it's development costs...

I don't care what they say. I don't care if the SSR will not pay for itself.
I WANT this product for the few that can really gain with it. Period.

OK, now, what was the original question? Upgrade, trade in, more free's? C'mon.....

Sorry if I sound rude but this had to be said.

Marco

I just wanna try the dang update. Couldn't find a USB cable at the house so I ran up to my storage room where I have a box full of computer crap......I had every cable except the one I need and you ain't gonna find one at 7pm in Dayton, Tx. LOL
Off to Radio Shack at lunch...

Yes...you know he could!

Marco...you have really delivered AGAIN! I broke another rod end on my traction bars the other day and the tires have really been hating me.

With the new update my best numbers were with HLTiming = 32, and HLDuration = 33. Though going from HLTiming of 30 to 32, made less then 1 hp difference. Going with more duration made less hp.

However I did notice when I got home yesterday, there was new rubber stuck to the rear quarter panels. I have problems getting it to hook up with all four at the dragstrip, it would make sense that two wouldn't hook up very well on the dyno. HP peaked at 865.64, torque was 1738.88, uncorrected.

I have two races this weekend (one being a Wally race). I'll see how track times compare. This will be the first race at this track this year (because of weather), so traction will be limited.

Paul

With the new update my best numbers were with HLTiming = 32, and HLDuration = 33. Though going from HLTiming of 30 to 32, made less then 1 hp difference. Going with more duration made less hp.

However I did notice when I got home yesterday, there was new rubber stuck to the rear quarter panels. I have problems getting it to hook up with all four at the dragstrip, it would make sense that two wouldn't hook up very well on the dyno. HP peaked at 865.64, torque was 1738.88, uncorrected.

I have two races this weekend (one being a Wally race). I'll see how track times compare. This will be the first race at this track this year (because of weather), so traction will be limited.

Paul

Awesome!
And you still don't see anymore of the "defuel" or "hesitation" during the shifts with the update?

Now, I really can't wait for my truck to get done.

Awesome!
And you still don't see anymore of the "defuel" or "hesitation" during the shifts with the update?

Now, I really can't wait for my truck to get done.

I have not. The racing this weekend will tell if it's completely gone. I would never have been able to race at a HLTiming setting of 32 before.

Paul

In addition to my previous msg. ( Sorry just got tired of people *****in' to me because they got no free beta...)

I have redone the SSR SW so many times that I can't even count them.
PLEASE, everybody update to this last version so that we can hear what's your finding(s).

I don't think the SSR is perfect right now but it's the best I can get it to in this moment. Once more people report back we'll see what needs to be changed to do better for you than today. We'll work on this together to meet your needs.

Marco

Oh, yeah, I forgot. I drove it 311 miles, used 16.2 gallons of fuel, part of the trip was in 4x4 because of snow, and then dyno'd 865hp, without changing a setting. That really is part of the beauty of the SSR on high hp trucks. The TNT/R is not nearly as nice to daily drive on the high power settings.

Gotta love it!

Paul

Marco,

I've never updated a Smarty from a computer...Mr. Wagner loaded my old TNT/R for me when my truck was down at one point.

Is there something I need to load into my computer / laptop as a program and then try to update it?

You or someone can just pm me the answer or link I guess... Sorry, I'm just not the best with computers..Other than the basics.

Thanks

Back