Truckers, lets see your rigs!

How much effort is put in to cleaning the liner bore after install?
Can you elaborate?
I'm guessing you're eluding to concentricity of the bores in the block being a factor?
Minimal effort. They get hit with an abrasive brush until they shine when I do them, making it a point not to linger. I've never checked one with a bore gauge. Never had one of mine fail for that reason.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

Can you elaborate?
I'm guessing you're eluding to concentricity of the bores in the block being a factor?
Minimal effort. They get hit with an abrasive brush until they shine when I do them, making it a point not to linger. I've never checked one with a bore gauge. Never had one of mine fail for that reason.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

I was meaning is the pack disassembled and the internal bore of the liner cleaned, could be a possibility that if they are not being cleaned then it could be hone material still stuck in the cross hatches.

Nope. No cleaning. I might have one in shortly. It will be interesting to find the cause. Not sure on miles, heavy haul 6NZ built by CAT and drinking oil.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

I was meaning is the pack disassembled and the internal bore of the liner cleaned, could be a possibility that if they are not being cleaned then it could be hone material still stuck in the cross hatches.
Cat will tell you your not supposed to dissemble the pack, might explain why the ones a Cat shop overhauls are usually the worst. Ring gaps over the wrist pin, some with rings upside down. They will also claim they don't reuse pistons which is total BS because in a kit you might get 3 shiny ones and 3 that have been blasted and painted silver. *bdh*

Might still be better than the Chinese Cummins parts you get now.

Nope. No cleaning. I might have one in shortly. It will be interesting to find the cause. Not sure on miles, heavy haul 6NZ built by CAT and drinking oil.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

Pull the pack apart and take a clean rag and transmission fluid and wipe down the internal bore of each liner.

Cat will tell you your not supposed to dissemble the pack, might explain why the ones a Cat shop overhauls are usually the worst. Ring gaps over the wrist pin, some with rings upside down. They will also claim they don't reuse pistons which is total BS because in a kit you might get 3 shiny ones and 3 that have been blasted and painted silver. *bdh*

Might still be better than the Chinese Cummins parts you get now.

People are too trust worthy in that situation, every single part should be checked before assembly.

I rarely get to do overhauls any more. We will break one out and look.

CAT also says it's not their problem if the Rings are stacked, so who knows if it's recommended or not to inspect the pack.
I get to hide behind warranty in that aspect, so it's not economical to break everything apart.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

Looking good this year! The East Concord pull looks like it's literally in someone's back yardLOL. My local county fair semi pull is tonight. I hope it draws some decent trucks with a $3,000 purse this year.

If they would have it on the weekend it would draw many more I suspect, that is one I would try to go to, but during the week is impossible.

I stoled these of Tristate's A.

13641311_10205735963272506_6077519445097095800_o.jpg

13640986_10205735963432510_6899910088762426860_o.jpg

Back