Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Caterpillar diagnostics is so primitive that they can not check ECM file checksum ? There is no way around that, except to flash it back to stock before taking the truck to dealer.

And about dynos again : "Without proper inertial compensation, a dynamometer will report lower power whenever the engine is spinning up the shafts - and artificially high power (augmented by the “flywheel energy”) during periods of negative acceleration. Note: Unscrupulous dyno operators sometimes use the load valve to quickly tug down an uncompensated engine test - producing fictitiously inflated Hp. "
I try not to pick at you, but we're all aware of this situation. It's been covered on this site countless times.

Unless the runs are consecutive, same ambient conditions, and a third party is operating the dyno they don't own or have their ego tied to, someone is always going to say its inflated or stingy. IE; it's never going to satisfy you.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Caterpillar diagnostics is so primitive that they can not check ECM file checksum ? There is no way around that, except to flash it back to stock before taking the truck to dealer.

And about dynos again : "Without proper inertial compensation, a dynamometer will report lower power whenever the engine is spinning up the shafts - and artificially high power (augmented by the “flywheel energy”) during periods of negative acceleration. Note: Unscrupulous dyno operators sometimes use the load valve to quickly tug down an uncompensated engine test - producing fictitiously inflated Hp. "
Who does show checksum, and beginning with what year of production?
It's not logical to act like 4 generations of ECM design should all have the ability to regurgitate a checksum.

Who does show checksum, and beginning with what year of production?
It's not logical to act like 4 generations of ECM design should all have the ability to regurgitate a checksum.

You realize your asking a guy that can’t tune a radio let alone an ecm. He knows nothing about it, he has other people do his work and the best they could do was like 700hp.

A pickup truck as short as Leiff’s POS volvo!
a067c4fc86d3561b25cd86ade5883fe5.jpg

Apparently you have never used the amazing diagnostic program called DAVIE for the DAF/Paccar engines. It has got to be the worst diagnostic program out there. It can’t even tell you the last occurrence of a fault code. If your engine throws a fault code in the first say 50hrs and it goes inactive, but flags again 5000hrs later you have no idea if it was the first or last occurrence years apart. This is just one of the many amazing features of your euro chit.

Any body have any ideas to what would cause a roaming misfire on a n14 in a t800? Truck went down with an alternator over charging and a couple boiled batts. Had my guys do a PM on it while it was in the shop.on Initial start up it threw a cyl 1 misfire then it ran fine after some throttle. Chaulked it up to air in the line do to fuel filter replacement. Fired it up again and the misfire moved to #4. Currently Checking power and ground to ecm. Could the over charging issue hurt anything else?

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

Any body have any ideas to what would cause a roaming misfire on a n14 in a t800? Truck went down with an alternator over charging and a couple boiled batts. Had my guys do a PM on it while it was in the shop.on Initial start up it threw a cyl 1 misfire then it ran fine after some throttle. Chaulked it up to air in the line do to fuel filter replacement. Fired it up again and the misfire moved to #4. Currently Checking power and ground to ecm. Could the over charging issue hurt anything else?

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

Those ECM’s are very glitchy. Doesn’t take much to smoke one especially the older Celect’s, flashing one there is a 50% chance it will die. The Celect+ is slightly more forgiving but air in the system will make them miss.

Back