12v build to start soon!

I have this pic saved on my phone-
e9y7ejug.jpg

I can't decide if I want to do a 4th generation bumper or fab a steel on up on my 96.

I like what I did. Believe it is off an old kenworth.
Free, picked it up from a scrap yard. Just wrapped the ends around.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358704476812.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358704476812.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
The 4th gen bumper is sweet butttt it's a lil wide. I'd section it and weld it back to fit. Then powder coat, paint, rechrome etc whatever your heart desires. Seen the one that taquesche or however it's spelled (Spanish possum) dude did a 4th gen on his gf half ton and painted it black. Looked tight.

I like what I did. Believe it is off an old kenworth.
Free, picked it up from a scrap yard. Just wrapped the ends around.

You can't beat that. I was thinking of doing something similar with mine and one from a Mack since my 12v has the infamous bumper lean going on right now

Well….I'm going to try this for now, then if it starts leaking out of the filters, I'm going to get two if not three of the "dual vent covers" from Cummins to hold it over until a rebuild (if needed). Also, I'm going to run some Lucas oil additive/stabilizer in hopes of easing the blow by. (Although….when I take the oil cap off while running, theres hardly any white smoke). I thought I'd post this in case it works, maybe it'll help someone.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

I was driving today. I romped on it like a dumba$$. The back en wrapped around and I couldn't correct it. My front bumper hit the guard rail. The bumper is trashed, but I have another one. Now, however, I can only turn a little bit to the left, but I can turn like double the amount to the right. Any ideas what's goin on or what I should do. Nothing looks bent or broken..... Maybe just take it to an alignment shop? If something was noticeable, I could fix it, but I'm at a loss. Bad steering box now maybe? The crossover hd steering setup I have looks straight and the truck drives straight too. Hmmmm.When I was trying to straighten my steering wheel before by turning the drag link sleeve, I adjusted it too far and had the same problem.... Barely any left and a whole lotta right so I put it back to what it was before and drove with the wheel ed to the left… I'd appreciate some help fellas. Thanks guys
IMG_2002_zps0c077ef6.jpg

IMG_2022_zps81eb4f57.jpg

IMG_2021_zpsfd3afe17.jpg

IMG_2019_zps23f02b68.jpg

IMG_2020_zpsd5d4b7fb.jpg

IMG_2018_zps346cda4a.jpg

IMG_2023_zps4dd9165a.jpg

IMG_2024_zps5b1f6a89.jpg

IMG_2025_zpse5b668a3.jpg

IMG_2026_zps86197294.jpg

IMG_2012_zps392b6891.jpg

IMG_2017_zps6d01e82c.jpg

IMG_2016_zps2e632386.jpg

^^ Thanks. It's just temporary (the bumper at least) until I get my 4th gen bumper on there. Any input on the steering problem?

Its gota be something like that, because nothing appears broken or out of place….. Could something inside the steering box be broken or shifted maybe?

Its gota be something like that, because nothing appears broken or out of place….. Could something inside the steering box be broken or shifted maybe?

Separate the pitman arm from the shaft. See if the front wheels will turn each way to the limits. If so, you know its in the box or the steering column. You should be able to get a half turn on the sector shaft before it hits the limits inside the box.

Great info. Thanks. I'm going to try this when I get home from working out of town. I wonder if I could possibly just re-clock the pitman arm on the shaft of the steering box to let it turn further....

The shaft has four large splines on it in 90 degree intervals. So it can only go on in 4 positions.

Back