12v build to start soon!

thanks for the input brother. I don't want any tool boxes though. I've got to haul my dirt bikes and track bike and need all the room I can get

What about a rocker height exit? Like in front of the tire through the bed side? I think that'd be the cleanest style and also provide maximum bed usage. More or less exiting through your bed like you have designed, just lower?

I had that idea too, however my buddy has that style on his first gen and I wanted to be different. Kinda why I went with the thought of dual tips and up higher…. I'll still be able to use the tie down points with it up higher too I think

Build Sheet (if you can call it a "build"):

- billet 10 blade 63/68/.91 T4 (thanks Taylor)
- PDI manifold three piece T4
- SDX 5x.014's .10 lift 275 bar
- .022 dv's
- barrels have been racked (160 pump)
- no plate
- stock lines
- H11 studs
- 60# valve springs
- KDP fix
- Kenny's triple disc
- cfm+ intake horn
- timing to 18* (I think)

Can't wait

I'd run a bit more timing....also, I gained 50hp with 5x18s over 5x14s....other than that, looks good. Don't forget the lift pump!

Cheese and f*cking rice. To each their own..

I take it you don't like any of the ideas…….Trying to be different is all. I wonder if the first person to run a stack got made fun of because they were trying to be a "copycat trucker…." No biggie.

I'd run a bit more timing....also, I gained 50hp with 5x18s over 5x14s....other than that, looks good. Don't forget the lift pump!

I am running an Air Dog 165 at 40 psi. I actually sold my 5x.020's for the 5x.014's. I'm going to be towing my pulling rig around and didn't want to have to keep my eyes glued to the pyro. It's kind of disappointing because I liked the power of my old ~750 setup, and now it seems so slow, its boring to drive. Oh well, unless I go twins, I've gota make compromises. At this point anyway, all I really want is reliability and longevity.

Zep I've had similar with my valair dd. Cept my fork pushes all way in till it hits the plate and won't disengage the clutch.

How did you remedy this Jake? Kenny resurfaced/machined everything for me. He said the discs were pretty warped .... That may be a big factor. How they're warped already, I don't know.

Well I've yet to fix it. I've had trouble with it ever since I put it in. It got hot once. Dan told me to check the disks on a flat surface to make sure they ain't warped but I could not tell they was warped. So I really don't know what the deal is.

Gentleman. We are back in business. I took the plate out, fixed the boost hose to the afc housing, and modified the valve covers. I turned the idle down to 800 from 1100. I replaced the two upper small coolant hoses near the front of the head (its still leaking a little from the fatter one and I'm not sure why. Ideas?) Timing is still at 18*s (at least for the winter) I now can hit ~50 lbs of boost and the 60-90 mph time is crazy fast it seems for what I have done (see sig). Almost as fast as it was with my 66 and the benched 215 pump/5x.020 injectors. Response is incredible compared to my previous setup. Max egts are about 1400-1500*s. I can hold 40 psi fuel pressure with the airdog maxed out. I'm beginning to really like this little billet 63. I had the clutch redone. The intermediate plates were replaced and the discs/flywheel were resurfaced, thanks to Kenny and his great customer service. The tranny got new 2nd and 5th gears as well as new synchros and bearings. New fluids too, and the thing shifts damn nice now. As smooth as a granddaddy's scalp lol. I'm very very very happy. Finally, after the truck being built and now fixed, its back on the road after being dormant for almost 8 months out of the year. I am quite pleased to have my girl back for the winter. Merry Christmas to me haha. No vids yet because the roads were sketchy, but stay tuned guys. Thanks for all the help with this, and I hope it will now stay trouble free for the most part (knock on wood)

before:
IMG_1776-1.jpg

after:
IMG_1777-1.jpg

IMG_1781-1.jpg

More to come gents

BTW: The welds……LOOK LIKE SH!T. I did not do them. I trusted a local shop to take care of it and, needless to say, they wont be getting any more of my business…..please refrain from commenting on them, as I've heard enough about it already

Last edited:
I turned the idle down just so I didn't have to have it so loud at idle. It's right at 750 in gear which I believe is the recommended rpm. Jake, they are the A1 H11 12 mm studs. I made the covers like that to give clearance for the studs that were protruding a bit above the nut and were hitting the valve cover. Simply machining the vaines from the underside didn't do it. It was supposed to allow the covers to seat better and not leak, BUT they are still leaking pretty good. I have no clue why. It's just the #3,4, and 5 covers. Maybe new gaskets are in order (these were new in may though....??)

I was going to post these pics when I have the surround piece done and everything painted, BUT…..I couldn't wait lol. I think it sounds awesome now, and it is different. I cut the holes with a plasma cutter so they aren't perfect, but the surround piece will be perfectly milled and cover any imperfections. I'm thinking high temp flat black paint on the tips and surround, then SS rivets through the surround….Smoke pics and sound clips to come……

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

I made this to remember my old motor that blew haha. R.I.P. 800 hp….
IMG_1786.jpg

Gooseneck hitch is in. So I can tow the pulling rig…...
IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

25+5 Moritz:
IMG_1791.jpg

Last edited:
Back