So where are these 700hp 6.4L Power Strokes?

Its happening. I know of a 6.4 getting the kitchen sink thrown at it, 2.8 pulling truck. Hopefully it'll be ready to go this spring/summer.

Its happening. I know of a 6.4 getting the kitchen sink thrown at it, 2.8 pulling truck. Hopefully it'll be ready to go this spring/summer.

Thats good to know I hope he has the rods worked out or maybe they are stronger than I think.

Maybe with the SFA and coil spring front suspension, they'll finally have something that doesn't hop like hell.

Ford guy are so desperate that they will beleave anyone that says WE GOT X THAT IS SOON TO LAY IT TO THESE CUMMINS GUYS! Come on now, you guys always do this, dont it upset you when you have to get back on here and say WE WERE WRONG! Its not going to happen. But dont worry I think Ford is putting cummins in their trucks in 2010, i mean since they own cummins right??? LOL

Over 500 with on a stock turbo has been done on Cummins 94 and newer. Nothing new there. Just a tuner on the CR. I mean we are all tired of hearig how awesome the Powerstrokes are "gonna" be. There is not one class of diesel motorsports that has a strong running "powerstroke" like you Ford guys have in your trucks.

FWIW, I've said it before, and I'm saying it again. I hope that the in-house FORD diesel that's slated to come out really sets the world on fire, but... with V8 archetecture, it's always going to be an uphill climb to match the Cummins' strength

I can tell you that the 6.4 is nothing to laugh at. I have worked on one that had a intake, dpf missing and a 200hp sct tuner and that truck would move and it was a cclb 4x4 with 35s on 20s.

Man you guys get awfully defensive real quick. I'm not saying I would go buy one just that I was impressed with how much gain it had from the little amount of mods that was on it. I like any diesel that goes fast and i have owned and built all three which is why I stuck with a cummins. But I think the 6.4 is gonna change alot of opinions in the diesel world. Just give it some time, hell maybe i'm wrong time will tell.

Yeah but take a 6.7L with an intake, dpf gone and the XRT Tuner with the race 230 program. There is no way a ford is going to touch that and live.

Man you guys get awfully defensive real quick. I'm not saying I would go buy one just that I was impressed with how much gain it had from the little amount of mods that was on it. I like any diesel that goes fast and i have owned and built all three which is why I stuck with a cummins. But I think the 6.4 is gonna change alot of opinions in the diesel world. Just give it some time, hell maybe i'm wrong time will tell.

it's not like they're brand new... how long has the engine been out and they're just now talking like it's going to make some waves? :confused:

sounds like another Navistar boat anchor in the making to me... oh wait, it was already deemed a boat anchor by Ford when they started developing a new engine before the 6.4's even hit the lots! LOL

I agree crankeddodge. I just don't see how people can be so ignorant to think that nothing but a dodge can make horsepower. I don't think the 6.4 will replace the cummins as the horsepower king any time soon.And I agree that the cummins is the easiest and the cheapest to make power with, which is why I have one. Look how far the duramax has come there are plenty of them making good power.

who said nothing but a dodge can make power? :confused:

we're taking issue with statements like these:

i hate to disagree with the ignorance in this thread, but you cummin's tard's are in for a very rude awakening... 600 with just a tuner is just a few days away... the 6.4 will soon be eating up the cummins. now when it comes to block strength, etc..thats a different story, because its untested and i doubt it will handle the 1000rwhp that the cummins will, but in the capability department..look out. the 6.4 is mean, real mean. if anyone can post a graph over 500 in a CR cummins with just a tuner and intake..please do. i'm a fan of all fast diesel's, but the 6.4 will eat any CR cummins mod for mod... even the tranny is WAY stronger. my CC/SB 4x4 just went 8.40 @ 81 in the 1/8th with just a tuner...thats a 13.0-13.1 ...and i ATE a 24v with gauges on the freeway today...he rolled by with a baby puff of smoke and noise..big mistake.

i hate to disagree with the ignorance in this thread, but you cummin's tard's are in for a very rude awakening... 600 with just a tuner is just a few days away... the 6.4 will soon be eating up the cummins. now when it comes to block strength, etc..thats a different story, because its untested and i doubt it will handle the 1000rwhp that the cummins will, but in the capability department..look out. the 6.4 is mean, real mean. if anyone can post a graph over 500 in a CR cummins with just a tuner and intake..please do. i'm a fan of all fast diesel's, but the 6.4 will eat any CR cummins mod for mod... even the tranny is WAY stronger. my CC/SB 4x4 just went 8.40 @ 81 in the 1/8th with just a tuner...thats a 13.0-13.1 ...and i ATE a 24v with gauges on the freeway today...he rolled by with a baby puff of smoke and noise..big mistake.

:what:

I never said the dodge is the only that can make power I was just saying that the guys that say the 6.4 with a 200 tune in it really rocks and no doubt it does. This was to the guy that said you can't get over 500 with just a tune on the dodge.

I think it's cool that Ford's finally on par with, or slightly ahead of everyone else in the tune and go hp department after years of being the kicked dog.

Back