So where are these 700hp 6.4L Power Strokes?

I have been hearing this forever. But yet anything to happen probaly over a year now. Only RPM's seem to be coming from a P Pump.
You kidding it seems every year I hear the 7.3 guys are going to be right there with the cummins guys.
The 6.4 rods are the same as the 6.0 rods just bigger. 6.0 rods are good for 700RWHP. 6.4L rods should be ok for 800+ RWHP.
What about the blocks can they hold that much? Not trying to stir the pot I honestly dont know.

I've seen some good running Furds out my way. Thing is, they aren't around very long. In my honest opinion, one of the best if not the best engine Ford ever built was a inline 6. After all of the troubles they've had, you would think that would sink in.

A few things you guys should know about the 6.4 before "ass"uming it's a 6 liter. Number one, it has 16mm head bolts that don't stretch like the 6 liters 14mm head bolts. Head gaskets are a non issue on this engine. Secondly bottom end parts like connecting rods and pistons have been redesigned for exceptionally high cylinder pressures from the twin turbochargers. Thirdly, this engine comes with Piezo injectors and to me, that's what makes this platform super coupled with it's programming friendly ECU.

Ultimately, the guys looking to be competitive want fuel and the need lots of it fast at super high RPM's. Piezo injectors are leaps and bounds faster than bosch type solenoid injectors. This is the first electronic common rail system I've seen that can really compete with mechanical pumps.

Plus Ford put a great tranny in these trucks to start with. So no need to drop 4grand right out the gate for a transmission.

I like the 6.7 too, but I think the 6.4 will make just as much power as the 6.7 on the stock bottom end. The 68re is a TURD. Looks like it's a throw away tranny from what I'm seeing considering there has already been a 48re swap.

yeah but the head gaskets on a 6.0 were good for 400hp :hehe:
ive seen those turds pop on the dyno and go home on a trailer. keep living in the dream world :doh:

My 03 6.0L has been planting 430RWHP 700+ ft tq for 3 years wo one problem. I am living the dream.

I can't count on both hands how many cummins motors blew in my area over the last 3 years. Not counting my brothers cummins that blew 3 headgaskets and ate 2 pistons, yea and check this out it could not even keep UP WITH MY 6.0l. he now drives a 06 f350 6.0L and would NEVER get a nether cummins.
If a cummins blows guys say that don't count. If a 6.0L blows it is all over the place :blahblah1:

The 6.4L will show you cummins guys where you sit :eek:wned:

What about the blocks can they hold that much? Not trying to stir the pot I honestly dont know.

Te 6.4L blocks are extremely well built. They come from the factory with a girdle built in. the block will take 1000+ any day. Look at Ben Milers 7.3L a 6.4L is built better than a 7.3L block and already has the girdle.

I guess I'm really out of the loop then.

I didn't even realize the cummins was the strongest engine. Seems the 7.3 makes more power than any cummins I have ever heard dyno results from.

And what would happen if a guy took a 6.4 injector, and sleeved it into a 7.3 engine?

(just so you know.... the 6.4 injector's design is capable of more fuel per time than a P7100 or a Sigma...)

There is also NO valving between the fuel rail, and the nozzle needle. It's a pilot operated circuit. And it's lightning fast.

The 6.4 injectors are the deal. No matter what engine they find themselves in.

Fuel per time is the name of the game. And the 6.4 injector has the potential to outflow anything I have ever seen. I would encourage any of you to take one apart, and see that you don't come to the same conclusion.

One more thing..... are the super power "cummins" engines with john deere injectors and such any different than a 7.3 with different injectors? If the cummins installs injectors from another application, that's fine, but if a 7.3 does the same, it's not a 7.3 anymore. Hmmm, interesting.

I'm going to swap in a 6.4 in my dodge. I was searching the internetz and they told me to use dual VW TDI ECU's and BMW injectors. I'm looking for 1800 steetable HP.

:hehe: Come on Chuck, I know your not that outta touch...

Here I was thinking the best of these "mighty" cummins engines were in the 1500 to 1800 or so hp range...

Also, anyone worried about V-8 architecture should probably go watch some 10.5 outlaw racing, where guys are putting down around two times the power of the "mighty" cummins without spray on V-8 engines.

Lets not even talk about a little class that goes by the name TopFuel...

Here I was thinking the best of these "mighty" cummins engines were in the 1500 to 1800 or so hp range...

Also, anyone worried about V-8 architecture should probably go watch some 10.5 outlaw racing, where guys are putting down around two times the power of the "mighty" cummins without spray on V-8 engines.

Lets not even talk about a little class that goes by the name TopFuel...

They are "slightly" custom made engines, with just a tad more displacement running on nothing you find at the pump.

Lets see a 350cu SB chevy on 92 octane make 4 times it's HP/TQ with stock rods...... The re-use of stock parts is what the claim to fame is for the most part.. not what can be done in a specific configuration.

They are "slightly" custom made engines, with just a tad more displacement running on nothing you find at the pump.

Lets see a 350cu SB chevy on 92 octane make 4 times it's HP/TQ with stock rods...... The re-use of stock parts is what the claim to fame is for the most part.. not what can be done in a specific configuration.

Now we're bracketing the statements? ....... with stock rods...... with _____

Seemed like a power debate, now it's power with _____?

How about a 351 ford making ~3000hp? Pretty standard for the 10.5 class. (substandard actually)

Damn, it's not an inline 6 though. Must not be happening then.

:hehe:

Now we're bracketing the statements? ....... with stock rods...... with _____

Seemed like a power debate, now it's power with _____?

How about a 351 ford making ~3000hp? Pretty standard for the 10.5 class. (substandard actually)

Damn, it's not an inline 6 though. Must not be happening then.

:hehe:

that's the claim to to fame for diesles. What an you do with stock "yada yada yada". there are a few "cars" with "jet engines" that make a bit more then 3000hp. Can your turd 351 do that?

What about http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/ there. 100,000hp!

This is a diesel site if you didn't notice. we talk diesel normally. the 10.5 cars have not a place here.. What can your V8 diesel do? Considering it only shares the v-8 layout of pistons and heads, with your 10.5 car, it shares nothing else.

that's the claim to to fame for diesles. What an you do with stock "yada yada yada". there are a few "cars" with "jet engines" that make a bit more then 3000hp. Can your turd 351 do that?

What about http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/ there. 100,000hp!

This is a diesel site if you didn't notice. we talk diesel normally. the 10.5 cars have not a place here.. What can your V8 diesel do? Considering it only shares the v-8 layout of pistons and heads, with your 10.5 car, it shares nothing else.

Your time would be better spent trying to figure out how to find a 5.9 based cummins that can match the power of one 7.3L mech engine.

A V-8 with a comparable injection system and your "mighty" inline six isn't quite up to par anymore.

The fact that powerstrokes can make any decent power at all with the Heui handicap is a miracle. Put Heui injectors in a 5.9 and you'd have the biggest pos of all time.

Yet when the big cummins guys steel injectors, and nozzles from other applications, and other brands..... it's just racing. When a powerstroke does it..... it's not a powerstroke anymore.

lol.

Your time would be better spent trying to figure out how to find a 5.9 based cummins that can match the power of one 7.3L mech engine.

A V-8 with a comparable injection system and your "mighty" inline six isn't quite up to par anymore.

The fact that powerstrokes can make any decent power at all with the Heui handicap is a miracle. Put Heui injectors in a 5.9 and you'd have the biggest pos of all time.

Yet when the big cummins guys steel injectors, and nozzles from other applications, and other brands..... it's just racing. When a powerstroke does it..... it's not a powerstroke anymore.

lol.

I have to many teeth, and normally stay outa the sledpulling forums, however, who said Double Over time "isn't a power stroke" anymore? Was that said of that truck or assumed too?

What do you drive? Dyno sheets, video's of pulls, slips for 1/4 mile times... can you back up your mouth? Just curious if you can.

I do love that video. :) Just keep in mind there kiddo. Diesel motor sports is in the muscle car era now. In 30 years, who knows what fuel will be top dog.

Fwiw, the alcohol tractors easily make that kind of power with the 6. But that aint' a "mighty" cummins either is it.

:D

No need to lecture me on the love for diesels. My engine doesn't have spark plugs. ;)

My point was just that the only reason your beloved Cummins has been such a major player for so long is because of the injection system it was blessed with from the factory. And in the higher power circles, even that is swapped out.

Yet, when a guy with a powerstroke does the same, his effort is discounted and he is told he doesn't have a powerstroke anymore. If that's the case, then the same is true for many of the "Cummins" guys making some of the highest powered engines.

Injection system is the key. And the point is that the one found on the 6.4 is a mean one. Insane fuel per time potential from those injectors.

Last edited:
Fwiw, the alcohol tractors make that kind of power with the 6. But that aint' a "mighty" cummins either is it.

:D

those tractors are akin to top fuel or pro stock or whatever gasser/alki 10.5/whatever cars. completely custom.

Mighty 7.3 tried to make some power.......LOL :kick:

2.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Maybe the 6.4 is more stout......:poke:

I have to many teeth, and normally stay outa the sledpulling forums, however, who said Double Over time "isn't a power stroke" anymore? Was that said of that truck or assumed too?

What do you drive? Dyno sheets, video's of pulls, slips for 1/4 mile times... can you back up your mouth? Just curious if you can.

Yes he can:shake:

Back