So where are these 700hp 6.4L Power Strokes?

Mighty 7.3 tried to make some power.......LOL

2.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Maybe the 6.4 is more stout......:poke:

Do you know what HP level he was at when he popped that engine? I do

Mighty 7.3 tried to make some power.......LOL

2.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Maybe the 6.4 is more stout......:poke:

Myself or anyone else can go rod a 5.9 at the same power level if they wish to. State of tune plays a large role in that. You can easily blow an engine to hell at half power if it's ill-tuned.

Mech powered 7.3's have proven that the platform can make as much or more power than the 5.9 platform.

Not really any way to debate that at this point.

Myself or anyone else can go rod a 5.9 at the same power level if they wish to. State of tune plays a large role in that. You can easily blow an engine to hell at half power if it's ill-tuned.

Mech powered 7.3's have proven that the platform can make as much or more power than the 5.9 platform.

Not really any way to debate that at this point.

But, no one uses the 7.3... who cares about the 7.3. I'm not going to run out and swap in a 7.3... cuz you said so :) why would I spend $30K on a 7.3 only to have it fail.

Quote me on this!!! The TS event will have HIGH hp 6.4's there!!! (over 700)

six leaker....... 430RWHP and 700ibft????? wow i only did that the first week on my 06 cummins and that was before the smarty and fuel system and everything else................... 73000 miles later and a ton more power than that, still not one single problem. perhaps you are talking about blown up fords, not cummins. the last good motor produced was the 7.3 if you either leave it alone or put just a lil to it.

perhaps you think ford still owns cummins too?

It's raining like hell..... for about the 3rd day in a row.

Busting the "Mighty Cummins" bubble seems like as good a way to kill the time as any.

It's sunny and 40 degrees with no wind. I wanna put my new bulls eye actuator on my truck to finally work this turbo past 50psi....... but it's to cold for that now. nice day other wise.

But, no one uses the 7.3... who cares about the 7.3. I'm not going to run out and swap in a 7.3... cuz you said so :) why would I spend $30K on a 7.3 only to have it fail.

I don't think you realize the 7.3 has made more power than most all of your "mighty cummins" heros.

You might want to figure out how to make as much power as a mech 7.3 before you continue thinking your mech or CR cummins is still the king.

lol.

The point is that when comparable injection systems are used, the powerstroke makes more power. Seemed that was pretty clear.

The 6.4 is nearing 600rwhp on fuel by letting the exhaust leave, and using a free-flowing intake system. That would appear to be more than your Cummins CR contender...

The 7.3 is capable of ~2000hp with mech injection in place. That would initially appear a bit more than most of the mech 5.9's in competition.

What did I miss?

Yeah that 7.3 swap in to the dodge or chev is the rage! Every mag on my desk right now has 5.9's being swapped into furds.....LOL

Thats good to know I hope he has the rods worked out or maybe they are stronger than I think.

bottom end parts like connecting rods and pistons have been redesigned for exceptionally high cylinder pressures from the twin turbochargers. Thirdly, this engine comes with Piezo injectors and to me, that's what makes this platform super coupled with it's programming friendly ECU.

They aint. Done been a few in the local stealerships chicken legged on stock programing.

The argument has gone way down hill when somebody has to quote themselves. I have no faith in the 6.4, and will have even less in Ford's own design engine.:bang

To make this easier, lets see if I can straighten this out:

Ford began offering the IH diesel in '84

Dodge installed the cummins in 89 with a turbo, then intercooled in 91.5

Then Ford installs turbos factory in 95, 6 years after dodge. They follow with intercoolers 6 years after Dodge had them also.

IH deletes the HUEI injection, to replace it with CR technology 8 years after the Izuzu began placing it in GM trucks.

Now the 6.4 that finially has everything the competition has is going to kick every bodies ass? Please show me a Super Stock or Pro Stock tractor that runs a V8, Show me a modern semi that runs a V8.

Now we are comparing 10.5 cars to diesels? So does your dart big block chevy, with pontiac/hemi heads, mopar intake, ford ignitition really call itself a Chevy engine?:hehe:

I don't think you realize the 7.3 has made more power than most all of your "mighty cummins" heros.

You might want to figure out how to make as much power as a mech 7.3 before you continue thinking your mech or CR cummins is still the king.

lol.

The point is that when comparable injection systems are used, the powerstroke makes more power. Seemed that was pretty clear.

The 6.4 is nearing 600rwhp on fuel by letting the exhaust leave, and using a free-flowing intake system. That would appear to be more than your Cummins CR contender...

The 7.3 is capable of ~2000hp with mech injection in place. That would initially appear a bit more than most of the mech 5.9's in competition.

What did I miss?

You've heard of the "there's no replacement for displacement" saying right? the 7.3 has a 1.4 liter advantage. So assuming it holds up, I suppose in theory, it could make more power.....But that's theory. Show me a dyno sheet, or a track run with a 7.3 that's mechanically injected that would suggest 2000hp

I'd say, you need to get off the crutch of what the 7.3 "might do". Cuz it isn't doing it. Ford put the the fuels system in there, they screwed up, and then continued to screw up with the 6.0. You have this bug in your ass of what it could do on paper... but that's not the same.

The argument has gone way down hill when somebody has to quote themselves. I have no faith in the 6.4, and will have even less in Ford's own design engine.:bang

To make this easier, lets see if I can straighten this out:

Ford began offering the IH diesel in '84

Dodge installed the cummins in 89 with a turbo, then intercooled in 91.5

Then Ford installs turbos factory in 95, 6 years after dodge. They follow with intercoolers 6 years after Dodge had them also.

IH deletes the HUEI injection, to replace it with CR technology 8 years after the Izuzu began placing it in GM trucks.

Now the 6.4 that finially has everything the competition has is going to kick every bodies ass? Please show me a Super Stock or Pro Stock tractor that runs a V8, Show me a modern semi that runs a V8.

Now we are comparing 10.5 cars to diesels? So does your dart big block chevy, with pontiac/hemi heads, mopar intake, ford ignitition really call itself a Chevy engine?:hehe:

somebody's cookin' a big ol' filet-of-:eek:wned:

You've heard of the "there's no replacement for displacement" saying right? the 7.3 has a 1.4 liter advantage. So assuming it holds up, I suppose in theory, it could make more power.....But that's theory. Show me a dyno sheet, or a track run with a 7.3 that's mechanically injected that would suggest 2000hp

I'd say, you need to get off the crutch of what the 7.3 "might do". Cuz it isn't doing it. Ford put the the fuels system in there, they screwed up, and then continued to screw up with the 6.0. You have this bug in your ass of what it could do on paper... but that's not the same.

How is it not "doing it" ?

Both the CR example and the mech example I gave are actual. Maybe you should crawl out from under your rock?

The CR ford is over 550 on fuel, and seems to be closing in on 600 from the dyno pulls being put down by guys running some of Spartan's stuff. These are stock trucks with intake and exhaust as the only physical changes. That would appear to be more power than your fabled 5.9 running the same injection system type.

I don't know how well that stock charger setup is cleaning the fuel, but I have seen plenty of trucks pull 700+ on spray after pulling mid 500 on fuel. So for a 6.4 to do 700 on spray wouldn't seem all that unreasonable at first glance.

anybody want to buy my cummins? I think I will stick a 350 diesel in it with 6.4 injectors. If it is as junk as has been advertised by charles, then I want no part of it.

Although, the powerstroke didn't come around until what, 1994.5? So if heads and injection system converted a 7.3 diesel to a powerstroke, then isn't a mechanically direct injected 7.3 something other than a powerstroke?

How is it not "doing it" ?

Both the CR example and the mech example I gave are actual. Maybe you should crawl out from under your rock?

The CR ford is over 550 on fuel, and seems to be closing in on 600 from the dyno pulls being put down by guys running some of Spartan's stuff.

I don't know how well that stock charger setup is cleaning the fuel, but I have seen plenty of trucks pull 700+ on spray after pulling mid 500 on fuel. So for a 6.4 to do 700 on spray wouldn't seem all that unreasonable.

Show me this 2000hp 7.3..

anybody want to buy my cummins? I think I will stick a 350 diesel in it with 6.4 injectors. If it is as junk as has been advertised by charles, then I want no part of it.

Although, the powerstroke didn't come around until what, 1994.5? So if heads and injection system converted a 7.3 diesel to a powerstroke, then isn't a mechanically direct injected 7.3 something other than a powerstroke?

I must have missed the part where I said the Cummins was junk.

Back