Fuelabs when you just want the best

Do your pumps have a projected hours of service?

We don't really have any hard numbers like that. There's just too many variables- filter maintenance, pressure range, plumbing, etc.

With that said, I know of cars/trucks that have 100k+ miles and counting. I know of many cars/trucks that have 50k+ and counting. I've yet to see one of our pumps that's just simply worn out. The biggest problem you see with a lot of the other pumps out there are the dynamic shaft seals, which can wear out. Our pumps have no seals like that, so we eliminated the most common wear area with our pump design (diesel and gas).

Did I miss the all-in-one package or do you really have to buy the pump, filter, and install kit separately?

That depends on what you are after. We currently offer a bolt-on pump/filter package for the Cummins and Duramax guys. The install kits are separate. Some people like to use them, while other people prefer to do their own thing. The Powerstroke guys have been using our 41401 pump on low speed and fabbing their own filtration setups. We will be working on a bolt-on solution for the Powerstroke, but for now those guys are using a pump from our gas lineup and doing their own fab work (which is what a lot of the Dmax and Cummins guys were doing before we designed our Velocity lineup). There are also a couple shops out there that offer bolt-on solutions for the Powerstroke that use our pump.

If you have really high flow and high pressure needs, we can put a package together for you- like the one that Greg posted. We put that together for his dragster. It's very rare that someone needs that kind of flow in the diesel world, but if you do- we've got you covered. Our Velocity kits will flow more than enough for 99% of the trucks out there.

I like to be able to pick the parts I trully need. If Ineed help , then their Tech like is real helpfull

I have received the flow number from another party on the other two fuel systems , if my number show the same , then the diesel world has a big awaking in regards tothe numbers that they have been claiming. The only true way to rate a fuel systems fuel flow capability at rated pressure.

So greg are you going to spill the beans on what you have found out? I have been debating the idea of switching over to fuel labs from the other guys.

I have received the flow number from another party on the other two fuel systems , if my number show the same , then the diesel world has a big awaking in regards tothe numbers that they have been claiming. The only true way to rate a fuel systems fuel flow capability at rated pressure.

Patiently waiting for you to post results...

So greg are you going to spill the beans on what you have found out? I have been debating the idea of switching over to fuel labs from the other guys.
I am waiting on Ray Little to let me use the flow turbine off of his super flow dyno.

I was given a flow chart but I am going to do a video and post it . I'm waiting on the others product to show up from people that offered to loan me their product. I will also measure the current that each draws . I have been told that the others draw a dramatic amount more amps .
I am doing this for my own curiosity as well .

I have not received all of the pumps I need to test. So for someone that wants a pump test done on their new pump Email me , and I’ll tell you if I have that pump yet.
Here are the test perimeters
Fuel flow at pressure starting at 0 PSI and going incrementally to 50 in 5 PSI steps
Amperage draw at each incremental.
Fuel temperature at the regulator

Calculating his cc vs his rpm to find gph is not theoretical. It's 3rd grade math that even a farm boy like myself can use to see how much fuel his injection pump is going to swallow.

I did this a while back using a 3.0 puller as an example. 600cc, 4500rpm, that's 600cc per 1,000 strokes, or .6cc per stroke, firing every 120 degrees (I-6) = 13,500 strokes/min x .6cc = 8100cc/min x .000264 = 2.13gpm x60=128gph at 60psi. At least that's my math.

Most likely this would be a pump that is rated at 250-300gph free flow.

I like the pumps, but I think a 40+psi unit would be a good addition.

ok what else , so far we have

1. fuel flow at pressure
2. fuel temp in
3. fuel temp out
4. amp draw

sounds like a good idea. We will have to set up a drive system, . I need one or two that will come and , one help, and two watch the test.

Back