what will my curent setup make

you could run a pair of Bosch pumps off a powerstroke in parallel and get 80 psi... I've run my airdog as high as 75 psi, it may have had more in it.

Tuning the truck by how well it free revs, I will have to keep that in mind.

A relativley local pump shop to me called Columbus Diesel Services does lots of performance work and just about every pullin tractor and lots of sled trucks in my area run Columbus Diesel set ups very succesfully. They explained to me that most of their high horespower aplications are runing timing above 26* with this bieng said please take for granite we are talking about in an application where one may leave the line at 4k plus rpms and may not be exactly true for a street set up that sees such high rpms rarley. Columbus has explained to me though that a major misconception they run into on timing is people thinking that when their truck grey/white smokes and pops and cracks/stumbles on hard free reving means they have their timing set too high, but according to CDS this actually means you need to advance your timing. I could see where this information has probabl been presented to him.

Cam timing has no direct effect on the injection event.

Keep in mind you're spraying waaaayyy out of the bowl at 33deg. If your engine is sputtering at 18 degrees you have problems.

The 160 pump will be your biggest holdup.

So high rpm free reving it is the way to go for tuning, instead of high rpm under load.

Nooo im not saying that at all, I am simpily relaying the information someone more educated then me has presented. I am not saying its wrong or right just putting it out their. Obviously tuning at a dyno or track would be optimal and CDS isnt denying that either, they are probably saying that it is an indicator of more tuning attention

Its the one they made on the last Friday or the first Monday of the month. Either its missing a v-band discharge or they forgot to cut the inlet bell out. Joe Stickyfingers put it in his lunch pail, took it home and called it a race cover cause that's what he did leaving the factory that night. Now everyone thinks its cool to pay Joe for scrap parts. LOL

The above story it totally fiction and should not be repeated.

Its the one they made on the last Friday or the first Monday of the month. Either its missing a v-band discharge or they forgot to cut the inlet bell out. Joe Stickyfingers put it in his lunch pail, took it home and called it a race cover cause that's what he did leaving the factory that night. Now everyone thinks its cool to pay Joe for scrap parts. LOL

:stab:

I gotta find a way to get some race parts form a tractor manufacturer. Maybe then I can be fast.

I don't see how 33* of timing is the least bit beneficial in a street truck. I could be wrong.

Be sure to post your dyno sheets with timing marked accordingly.

While you may make more power up top with that much timing, I feel you will have more useable power with it retarded a bit.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

I gotta find a way to get some race parts form a tractor manufacturer. Maybe then I can be fast.

Hey now I kinda resemble that remark.

Also the p pumped 24 valves seem to like 26-30 degrees of timing but im no expert on them new fangled letric moters.

Some thoughts-

1. CDS aint giving out any secrets for free.

2. This truck in question will likely never make it onto a dyno for fear he then wont be able to tell all his friends how much power his truck has.

3. This feller will either not do well here, or will fit right in.....

What you need is a cornbinder windmill hangin out front as the atmospheric air supply. Them things gave up whistling for hollering.

Back