Where to learn?

thirdstreettito

Peacemaker
I was wondering where I could learn to crate engines. I'd like to build my own engine, but I dont even know where I would go to learn, or what I would have to study. Thanks, Bradley

School, a shop, read the shop manual for the specific engine your wanting to build, buy one take it apart ask **** loads of questions then ask more.

Forums are a great help for answering questions as long as you search first and try to find out the answer yourself.

If you're looking to engineer a totally new never built design...good luck! Do you really think that you can improve on the designs and experience of manufactures like Cummins, Isuzu, Deere & Caterpillar that have been building successful diesel engines for many years? With all the millions and billions of dollars spent, even they have poorly designed engine models make it through engineering to hit the market.

After this and some of his other posts I think he should be banned from the internet.

Back on topic please. What classes would I have to take?

I'm awfully sorry sir that I did not originally understand the seriousness of your question, I did not mean to insult your intelligence or to derail your thread! I would imagine that a degree in mechanical engineering would be a good place to start...almost any university would be able to guide you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back