Bullseye powers $10,000 Dollar BatMo Challenge

So how come no guys running BW units showed up to prove BEP wrong.

Sounds like BEP winns. At the least one of u guys running a cast BW wheel could have out performed the batmo.

From my smart car.

My engine was still in pieces being rebuilt after my 300 mile old batmo blew the f*ck up.

They replaced the charger and admitted that they had a problem with shafts in a "batch" of S300's, but I footed the bill on an engine build. I now run a cast S400.

Last edited:
I don’t believe in wonder wheels and a wonder turbo. Great thing for marketing but not so great if you look @ it as an engineer wondering is the Batmo can hold it all together when it goes kaboem, what about a containment test done on it?
Further more let the flowmap speak for it self if it’s about this item as I did not read the whole topic.

GroteFoto-JDKQ4C8C.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UazsDDFsS7Q"]Rolls-Royce, How To Build A Jumbo Jet Engine -HQ- (Part 1/4) - YouTube[/ame]

So, looking at the new RR jet's. The blade designed that the Bat-explode-mo-wheels folks copied is for the "fan blade". Sure it moves a lot of air, but I'm thinking isn't not really meant to compress. Never mind all the crazyness that went into a funky blade shape to keep it in one piece.

While they look similar they are no where close to the same, there are MANY differences in the wheel design. The wheels exploding have nothing to do with that curve in the leading edge and it compresses just fine. The batmo can be made to live with some redesigning and still use that edge. Thats not the only difference in that wheel compared to a cast BW wheel. Its just the only thing people focus on because they dont know any better .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
The wheels exploding have nothing to do with that curve in the leading edge and it compresses just fine. The batmo can be made to live with some redesigning and still use that edge.

T, what is the exploding due to, then?

Is it a clearance issue or did someone push the limit of blade stress / vibration?

Because some have failed at less than being driven to the moon, it doesn't seem like an RPM problem.

So why do they seem to live on a dmax and not on a cummins? Do the Cummins drive them to hard? Or is there a pulse issue with the exh on a Cummins vs 2 more pulses from a Dmax? Do the exh pulses on a dmax over lap or are closer together then the cummins, to were the its not causing a high speed surge in the charger? You would have to have a speed sensor on the charger to see it surge

Last edited:
So why do they seem to live on a dmax and not on a cummins? Do the Cummins drive them to hard? Or is there a pulse issue with the exh on a Cummins vs 2 more pulses from a Dmax? Do the exh pulses on a dmax over lap or are closer together then the cummins, to were the its not causing a high speed surge in the charger? You would have to have a speed sensor on the charger to see it surge

The one Duramax I know that ran a few 2.6's couldn't keep one together for more than a month at a time. The truck was just a puller so that may have had something to do with it.

Back