Bullseye powers $10,000 Dollar BatMo Challenge

On the mountain????????????:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

G.J. Is a douche bag. But that's beside the point. I think it should be stated if they run at Bandimere. It's the highest Dragstrip in the country. Even when air quality is good(which is almost never) the track is at 5500ft. I've seen a lot of really fast trucks run mediocre times at that track.

I will say this. The chargers on Bill's car are the same chargers that were used last season and we only changed bearings in one of them twice. there is at least 120 passes on those units so I think that should say it all. These are the same chargers that you can purchase right from BEP and there is no custom or special parts on them.

so you had to replace the bearings twice on one unit with 120 1/4 passes. so that would be like 30 miles of full throttle runs?? we've used 2 Pro Mod PTE 90mm's for 3 years on a car that makes 2500hp and runs in heavy street and weights 3550lbs with driver, never replaced anything.

so you had to replace the bearings twice on one unit with 120 1/4 passes. so that would be like 30 miles of full throttle runs?? we've used 2 Pro Mod PTE 90mm's for 3 years on a car that makes 2500hp and runs in heavy street and weights 3550lbs with driver, never replaced anything.

What kinda pressure ratios are you running on that car? The more pressure, the more abuse right?

What kinda pressure ratios are you running on that car? The more pressure, the more abuse right?

Not necessarily, some of the gasser guys can burn up bearings in a turbo in one pass, at low boost. They are turning stupid rpm on the engine and turbo.

yeah I suppose.. more motor rpm, more the turbo needs to spin to fill the holes...

And because of more rpms, the motor is drawing more air, which keeps psi down, even though flow is up. So people see a gasser is only running (example) 20psi and think its not being pushed as hard. So a motor that's a little bigger than ours and turning double or more rpms is actually drawing more than double the air, but with way less restriction. Turbo is still getting worked like a sob. That's my understanding anyways.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
turbos are being controlled by a AMS 1000 boost controller, using nitrous to control the twin TiAL 60mm gates. its a programmable system based on timed runs. so we ramp in the boost so it doesnt blow the tires off of it. 510 cubic inch motor, running 25-26psi, turning 7000rpms.

you guys are correct, turning more rpms is more wear and tear on a turbo than boost really. cause if back pressure is in check or as equal to 1:1 ratio the turbo is fairly happy and it doesn't matter how much boost your making it run. if you have a turbo running 100psi with 160psi of drive pressure, thats a different story!! where as rpm is increasing shaft speed( or rpm of the turbo). the best turbo setups are the ones that make the most hp at the least amount of boost. boost is heat into the motor, even though you use a intercooler, its still heat.

the point i was making in my post is yes the Batmowheel turbos are shiny and a lot more money and im sure some will never understand or fight the idea that they are far more superior to cast wheel turbos or other billet wheels. but then why are the fastest turbo cars on this planet running standard PTE/Garrett Pro Mod turbos?? racing world is all about money and tuning and getting every spec of power out of your motor... and the biggest advantage to winning, is going rounds and placing at events. nobody ever wins by going really fast twice and then fixing all there parts every other race.

For a race team thats really running the car hard, 120 passes isnt even a season with tuning, test passes and going full rounds in a weekend race.

again, the point of me saying something was not to slam any person or any company... but you cant make a claim of 120-1/4mile passes and say that's proof those turbos are boss. its just true, real world hard facts.

hope this doesnt turn into something i didnt intend it to. just wanted people to hear the truth and think for them selves.

Congrats. So if I would have bolted on a $700 bws366 I could've made 750hp on fuel and ran low 11's? Damn I wasted a lot of time and money on $hitty turbos and setups.

I think you missed the point, my batmo made power but was far from reliable. How do you read that as a victory on my part?

Sorry, I'm not trying to come off as an a$$hat Cliff. I have no dog in this fight anymore, had to move on from diesel powered pickups. Everybody carry on with the shenanigans
If this is an attempt at sarcasm...........

I was bored!
attachment.php

Attachments

• batmo.jpg
    batmo.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
It's amazing how all you guys shut up and didn't have anyting to say for a few weeks until after the Challenge date was past, and then you are all back on here bashing once again.

It like this BEP offered to prove you all wrong, you all were to scared to enter, so every one of you have no room to bash and say how much better the BW turbo on your truck is then a Batmo, because if your truck and your BW turbo was so superior you would have entered and proved it. Since everyone of you backed away from this challenge it says only one thing to everyone, and that is you all were to scared to get proven wrong and you would rather sit at a keyboard and type words like teenagers in high school all day long but won't leave the classroom to go play because you're to afraid to get beat for running you mouth and not backing it up when challenged.

Last edited:
I'm not very biased either way as far as performance goes, but there's no fukking way I'd subject my engine to a diet of batmoshrapnel.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not very biased either way as far as performance goes, but there's no fukking way I'd subject my engine to a diet of batmoshrapnel.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My engine didn't fair too well after said diet.

Now I run a 67.7mm S400 from FI.

I guess haters will be haters you can't fix that. All I can say is I ran my Bullseye charger for 2 seasons I got it when we were running the 2.6 super stock class. When I wasn't running in that class I was running Pro Street and spraying the black out of it with nitrous. When they did away with the Super Stock class I took the same charger and just changed the compressor wheel to a 75mm and ran Pro Street and kept spraying it. I finally smoked the bearings in it this fall on a 142 mph pass after 2 seasons of running. I have ran many different brands of turbos through the years and the Bullseye stuff has held up as good if not better then anything else I have ran and they do make more power.

I guess haters will be haters you can't fix that. All I can say is I ran my Bullseye charger for 2 seasons I got it when we were running the 2.6 super stock class. When I wasn't running in that class I was running Pro Street and spraying the black out of it with nitrous. When they did away with the Super Stock class I took the same charger and just changed the compressor wheel to a 75mm and ran Pro Street and kept spraying it. I finally smoked the bearings in it this fall on a 142 mph pass after 2 seasons of running. I have ran many different brands of turbos through the years and the Bullseye stuff has held up as good if not better then anything else I have ran and they do make more power.

I've been observing this topic and I look at the situation this way...

I know a few guys that have close to 200k miles on a completely stock, EGR equipped 6.0L Powerstroke that have not had a minutes trouble out of the engine. But I also know many people that replaced several EGR's, HG's, and injectors well before the 50k mile mark. Even though there were some that were trouble free, why would I buy one when there are other options out there that are free of the worry of a blown charger?

All this said, I have never owned a Batmo charger. But when it does come time for me to buy a turbo in a couple of months, I probably won't consider a Batmo. I don't want to have to worry about purchasing one charger, and then another, and then possibly an engine on top of that. Even if the Batmo would gain me another 50hp, I would rather lose that 50hp and have something that I know is going to be worry free.

wish i would have seen this earlier, i would have been game to do this with my p-pumped 24v that way nothing could be changed.

It's amazing how all you guys shut up and didn't have anyting to say for a few weeks until after the Challenge date was past, and then you are all back on here bashing once again.

It like this BEP offered to prove you all wrong, you all were to scared to enter, so every one of you have no room to bash and say how much better the BW turbo on your truck is then a Batmo, because if your truck and your BW turbo was so superior you would have entered and proved it. Since everyone of you backed away from this challenge it says only one thing to everyone, and that is you all were to scared to get proven wrong and you would rather sit at a keyboard and type words like teenagers in high school all day long but won't leave the classroom to go play because you're to afraid to get beat for running you mouth and not backing it up when challenged.

Your a phucking dumbass so STFU!!!!!!

Nobody in their right mind is going to drive all the way across the country just to dyno for free at a Batmo dealers shop. Is this the only site that this challenge was brought up on? Obviously there wasnt much effort put into finding trucks for this challenge. Maybe bullseye should have offered payment to come run since its their stuff that is in question. Hell for that matter they just had "Fall Brawl" a couple weeks ago in Pa. Why didnt Bullseye offer to bring chargers to this event instead of trying to get people to bring trucks to the middle of no where and run on a dyno thats controlled by a vendor!

Oh and by the way. I offered my 3.0 engine to be run on an engine dyno but i didnt get any reply. So i guess they werent to egar to test this stuff head to head

Last edited:
Back