Show us you rides before diesel,

DavidTD said:
Ok, this is what I was stupid for selling...

David's67SS_3.jpg

Come on David.........you are showing your age!!...........Cragars!!!:woohoo: :poke: :Cheer:

What can I say I like em BIG. Can you say 1000hp to the tires:woohoo:

Back in Black

This is the view most see.

Dockboy said:
Come on David.........you are showing your age!!...........Cragars!!!:woohoo: :poke: :Cheer:

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

And those HUGE rear tires. LOL LOL LOL And I couldn't afford the Cragars, so I had the "Western" copys. :hehe:

I'm thinking this was taken around 1980.

Damn Dave...you have any idea of what that car would be worth now? Is that the one you told me about in your "phone booth" story? LOL

DavidTD said:
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

And those HUGE rear tires. LOL LOL LOL And I couldn't afford the Cragars, so I had the "Western" copys. :hehe:

I'm thinking this was taken around 1980.

LOL David

Yeah......That looks like every other car that was in my High School parking lot!! :hehe:

Ahhhhhhh............the 70's............those were the days!!!:Cheer:

"Strooooke Me, Stroke me...Could be uh winnah but maannn you just a sinnah now" LOL

Not pre-diesel but current project....1971 nova show/drag car....cert to 8.50, back-half, fiberglass everything, spent all my $$$ buying it as a roller and no more money for a motor!! :bang for now putting in little dart headed 12:1 355 chevy with a soild cam that should be good for 500hp on the motor, and about 800hp on spray...looking for low 9s for now, and maybe in a year or so I can build a "real" motor for it :rockwoot:

Jason Sands
Associate Editor
Diesel Power Magazine
www.dieselpowermag.com

Attachments

• nova3.jpg
    nova3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 15
The never ending project...1986 mustang coupe, 25.5 cage. 347 cu in Fuel injected, with a Precision Turbo 101mm and powerglide trans. Stock style suspension and BFG drag radials. Best time so far is 5.23 @ 143 1/8 mile and 8.05 @ 180 in the 1/4.

Jesse

The never ending project...1986 mustang coupe, 25.5 cage. 347 cu in Fuel injected, with a Precision Turbo 101mm and powerglide trans. Stock style suspension and BFG drag radials. Best time so far is 5.23 @ 143 1/8 mile and 8.05 @ 180 in the 1/4.

Jesse

SWEET !!!

This is an old thread but thought it should be brought back to life.

My first ride, rode a bike to work and got made fun of in school for doing so for a long time untill I had the bread for it.

l_3f6024206a8ae4bf9a4478135aec7d7e.jpg

Sold it and a few years later started on this.

l_e1c1ae2da8a8c2b05a1c2d0a1c711370.jpg

Wow, how did I miss this thread before?

My first car was a '68 AMX with a 390 & the "Go Pack" option, plus a vertical-gate Hurst shifter. With a posi, decent horsepower, and a 97 inch wheelbase, it was a great first car to learn how not to drive... Somewhere i have some pictures of it.

Next car was a '79 Pontiac Sunbird wagon with a factory Buick 231 V6. I won a couple of track championships with it racing in Street bracket.

Next up was a '73 Pontiac Firebird that I built into a T/A clone. Built a low-compression '78 400 for it, eventually had it running 13.50's while getting 18 mpg on the highway. It got rear-ended and totalled by an unlicensed & uninsured driver.

This car I built in 1984 as a fast daily driver. It's a 1974 Vega with a 350 & TH350 & 9" Ford rear. Home-made subframe connectors & adjustable slapper bar rear suspension. Best ET of 11.51 @ 117 mph, 1.55 60' time. Reassembled it last year and raced it until I rebuilt the big block Vega below.
SX-Seattle01.jpg

Also have a '73 Chevy Blazer, 3" lift on 33" tires, with the 400 Pontiac from the Firebird mentioned above. It served as a tow rig for many years. Now it sits in my backyard and is frequently used to move trailers around the yard.

Here's a car I bought originally in 1985, still have it. It's a 1973 Pontiac T/A 455. On the "original" engine (which turned out to be a rebuilt one which had all the proper components but did not have a numbers-matching block), I got it down to a 13.15 @ 103 mph. When I cracked one of the stock cast pistons, I decided to shoot for a 12 second timeslip and built up a numbers-matching motor but with more camshaft and torque converter. Didn't realize how hard the new cam would be on valvesprings, learned what valve float sounds like. Put in new springs and promptly broke the rearend (to the point all the broken parts were seized up in it). Been sitting ever since.
TA-Yakima.jpg

Here's an original 21+ year-old photo of my other toy, a tube-chassis Vega with a 481" BBC. Just finished updating the chassis and building the new motor, running high 5.90's @ 114-115 in the 1/8th. Should dip into the 5.80's or 5.70's as soon as the weather cools down and the traction returns.
SG-Woodburn-02-1.jpg

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Here is my first vehicle I bought at 14. 85 gmc 12 inch lift, 2 1/2 ton rockwells with 44 inch tsl swampers and a good old 350 small block. Its had numerous engines and been totaled and rebuilt four times. Still have it.
l_be0f779c36e44345a16376c5bf40238f.jpg

And here is my one and only car i've owned an 02 ws6 firebird. Really wished I could of kept it but insurance on that car with my record was horribly expensive.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/90/l_7ae228b9e6b39508ef39502ea25b57e1.jpg

Back