Show us you rides before diesel,

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
This was the first dragster we campaigned. It was a neat car , and easy to drive , but was a slug on the starting line with a best 60’ foot of only 1.08 the red car went 1.02 and would go 1.05 on a wet gravel road lol. This car became a practice car, for me, running several hundred laps with a dyno mule. This car should also look familiar to a certain someone, who with just a few laps of experience with only a stock G.M Good Wrench 350 engines, took an exciting ride far past her experience level.

The ride I speak about was during a test session with the front line bullet. I needed to watch the tires on a launch, and try to figure out why it would not 60’ foot. That night we had planed to surprise one of the crew members, who had many more laps then a few in the car with the stock motor. We had decided to let the essential crew member take the front line engine to half track in the 1/8 mile. Well the time came, to surprise him the surprise was on us, he was half way through a 12 pack of Budweiser.

I really needed to watch the car launch, and it only had to go to the 60’ clocks. The front line engine was in the car, and it has a very limited life span on rod or 50 to 60 laps, so in testing we didn’t go any farther down the track then necessary.

Kirk Manuel the car owner, just tossed the jest that a trained monkey could drive one of these cars, a fact far from true , but we were only going to the 60 ‘. This is still far enough to get a car of this caliber in trouble.

Well you know her as Crew Girls on here; Anna is an extremely high energy girl, and she is not in the least bit shy. She came out of the trailer with my gear on, and it was a sight she got really excited and jumped in the seat, saying that she could be a trained monkey. Kirk looked at me, and I was ok with her to the 60’ clocks, but that was the limit of her experience, she dose have talent, and natural ability, but with an 11 inch tired, 650 hp monsters it could get ugly. I told Anna on the radio as she was staging the car to be cautious, she ask how down the track could she take it.
Kirk jumped on his radio, telling her all the way to the 60 ‘. Problem is he let off his button and all that came out was “all the way”. Anna indestructible as Kirk called her after this was like most 19 year olds. Well to the stripe she did go, 4.86 @ 141 mph in the 1/8.
You should have seen the look in her eyes. The car did a little wiggle and a wink thru the traps, and she did a great job of handling it. But it did shake her a little, and got her attention . Kirk was a little upset at first , but that was the fastest the new motor program had been at that time. And he was pleased and the new motor. No one though to account for the fact that Anna was 110 lbs compared to me at 190.

Last edited:
Here is the second car I campaigned in competition eliminator, a Bos Chassis craft 235 inch dragster. The engine is a 265 CID Chevy splayed valve V6 that made 647 hp at 9300 rpm’s on gasoline. The best time was a 7.53 @ 174 mph. the transmission was a Scott McClay THM 200 . On an 11 inch slick it was a ride on the top end.

Last edited:
My previous truck was a 2001 Superduty short bed ext cab with a little lift and 35" MT's. It had a V-10 5spd and 4.30 gears. While not the monster that a diesel can be built to be it did move along pretty well.

Before that I had a 71 chevy 3/4 ton (still have it actually) with a dyno proven 423hp big block and 4.56 gears. It would run pretty quick in the 1/4mile.

Other than that it's been a lot of old muscle cars and motorcycles, some fast, some slow but all fun.

George

but that was the fastest the new motor program had been at that time
What Greg is trying to say...is that every time someone else drives one of his rides...it goes faster. :poke:

Sorry Greg...I had to. LOL

Picture_081.jpg

1516741935_l.jpg

That's before paint... need to find the finished one.

'93 F-150 D44 SAS w/ ARB, D60 rear Detroit locker 4.88's 6" total lift on 35x14.50 Boggers. 408W stroker with Paxton blower.

I like my '92-'97 trucks haha

LOL Greg left out the part where the gloves were too damn big so my finger slipped off the transbrake and I rolled the lights. He also forgot to mention the second time I got in it thinking "ah hell i'll just foot brake it" didn't do so good that time. It was fun and a learning experience. Thanks Greg and Kirk for the chance and thanks the drunk ass Michael too.
My first car was a 1972 nova, with a 305. After about 2 weeks I said "Daddy I want my car to go faster." That was all she wrote. 5 engines later I got my 74 nova then it was the 86 chevy diesel for all of 2 weeks (damned weak ass engine) then the 89 dodge, then a 99 hyundai (it was cheap and i was tired of paying for repairs), now I have my camaro. I is a happy girl for now.

The one I used to get into some serious grudge match races, and it would really spin hard off the launch........:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Attachments

• IMG_0124_1.JPG
    IMG_0124_1.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 17
Just what we needed................Another Greg Hogue Resume':bang

Whats that make...3 or 400 HUNDRED times you have posted it?*bdh*

:hehe:

95 9 inches of lift. Ladder bars made by yours truly. Built 460, got around 6-7mpg, that's why I sold it.

Attachments

• KyleFryeTruck1.jpg
    KyleFryeTruck1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 43
Back