hp abilities with efi live?

Another to ponder on is if you don't Plan on getting crazy with your truck and wanna keep it simple I would stay with smarty. There's ten different tunes with different options and it works perfect for towing for me. But if you want awesome power running clean and mean, Efi live is the cats ass of cummins tuning by far.
:rockwoot:

I've yet to see an efi tune hurt a CP3 in all the years of tuning, a FPRV then yes they will pop if not careful. There will be always be a camp that says this is bad or that is bad and it's this persons fault or anothers. Do research, talk to both sides, and then test your theroy and find out for yourself instead of reading about others opinions and then making them your own.

thanks guys. a clean, smooth running truck with good power is what i want and i think thats what ill get with efi live. im in ohio and i called calibrated power solutions today and they pretty much said the same thing you all said. not sure where ill go yet, i have some time to decide.

efi live is the $hit, mine drives a lot better with it over the smarty

if there is a bad tune that is causing damage it is not EFI fault. They only sell the tool. If somebody wanted they could copy the exact same tune as a smarty and it would do the exact same thing. If tunes are doing damage its the tuners fault and people should be speaking up and saying something.

@srt6. did you go to fleece for your tuning? what other mods do you have to get you into the 11's if you dont mind i ask?

Chris at Relentless did the efi, that 11.67 pass was with the smarty ssr 180's & fpe s471 @728 hp, i havn't been back since efi and cam @818hp, got plans to take it march 25th to see what it'll do

Last edited:
That's what they are saying, that in the last 4 months they have had ALOT of Efi tuned trucks pumps go bad.
Care to share some links or some proof? We are yet to hear or see anything more than the usual haters popping up saying they know someone who knows someone who heard something.

Moreless the tuning capabilities of Efi software are so new to ALOT of people that it's gonna take time to find what the Grey areas are for tunes
I don't quite follow. Surely installing a part on your vehicle such as a tuner that allows you to modify certain parameters without any definition of what you are changing and by how much is more of a hand grenade than a tuning tool with detailed, measured and accurate feedback in the form of data logging.

To the original poster - it's not the tuning tool, or the fact that you can modify the parameters as YOU the end user sees fit that differentiates EFILive from the competition, quite simply it's the Scan Tool. You shouldn't be messing with a tune unless you can generate adequate feedback.

Cheers
Cindy

I'm curious what these tables are the pump builders are going to make. Isn't the only control over the pump/s through the FCA ? If so, wouldn't that just be a matter of adjusting the FCA's axis ? I'm running duals without issue.

Before you make claims you have NO CLUE about YOU might want to call the three top cp3 builders and speak with them! MORON!!

Then let's hear some examples then because no one else knows what your talking about either.....

Before you make claims you have NO CLUE about YOU might want to call the three top cp3 builders and speak with them! MORON!!

There is ONE pump builder that I know of that has publicly blammed EFI tuning on the distruction of his pumps...

But I tend to think that its not the tunes that suck...more so the build quality of his pumps.

I have had 2 customers with a stock/Arson III kit be able to hold more duration/pressure with modded sticks...than with a xx% pump from Brand X...and when the customer calls to ask why cant his pump keep up...his answer has always been

"ITS THE TUNES FAULT!!!"

So my customers call me back..and I ask them to try Shanes pumps...so far Shanes pumps can and have been able to give the customers trucks EVERYTHING Ive asked it to do, without ONCE blamming the tuning.

I am not stating hersay or opinion...just fact.

There are those who blame tuning for finding flaws in build quality...and there are those who accept the challenge and simply build a better pump.

I am running 90's on my stock/Arson III pump with 100K on the clock, and I regularly tax this pump and its NEVER faultered ONCE.

If you've got pumps failing and they are from the same modifier...then Id consider buying my pumps from someone else.

This is something you can call them and ask about, my point of bringing it up is to find out if this is being seen, call Industrial floor it and T& C. . Another diesel friend of mine verified one shop told him the same when he ordered his pump.

Last edited:
I was also told that only workmanship warranty would be given, Ftr I am NOT bashing Efi, I have it and use it and love it, just stating what was fold by more than two pump companies

Im not sure who youve talked to, but I'd STRONGLY suggest calling Shane...his pumps have routinely answered the calls that are now being made with the use of EFI.

It is true that we now have the ability to ask the pump to do more thsan it EVER has been asked to do before...but if there are MANY trucks running stock pumps with Arson III kits making more power and holding duration better than modified pumps...its not the tuning.

Its the build quality.....

EDIT: I am not in anybodys camp as far as pump builders...I just push people to the builder that has SHOWN time and time again that they just build it better.

If Todd, II, John, can build a pump that can keep up and make more power than a stocker...then Id suggest them..but so far....NOPE.

Last edited:
I have already called and spoke to him but it was before speaking to others, if you have had good results with his pumps I will gladly try his out..

Last edited:
Im not sure who youve talked to, but I'd STRONGLY suggest calling Shane...his pumps have routinely answered the calls that are now being made with the use of EFI.

It is true that we now have the ability to ask the pump to do more thsan it EVER has been asked to do before...but if there are MANY trucks running stock pumps with Arson III kits making more power and holding duration better than modified pumps...its not the tuning.

Its the build quality.....

EDIT: I am not in anybodys camp as far as pump builders...I just push people to the builder that has SHOWN time and time again that they just build it better.

If Todd, II, John, can build a pump that can keep up and make more power than a stocker...then Id suggest them..but so far....NOPE.

what kind of numbers have you see with the arson III kit, just wondering

I'm curious what these tables are the pump builders are going to make. Isn't the only control over the pump/s through the FCA ? If so, wouldn't that just be a matter of adjusting the FCA's axis ? I'm running duals without issue.
Unless they are writing their own tuning tool software, they won't be making tables. Modify parameters maybe, but I doubt they are developing tables.

This is something you can call them and ask about, my point of bringing it up is to find out if this is being seen, call Industrial floor it and T& C. Another diesel friend of mine verified one shop told him the same when he ordered his pump.
It's been pointed out to you a couple of times that the issues you are hearing via 3rd hand information are not been seen by experts in the tuning field.

Given you are running EFILive and you've rung 3 independent pump builders, lets not talk on heresay, lets talk on your experience. What is your experience with your pump and your EFILive tuning? And, your friend who was told the same things as you, what is his experience?

Cheers
Cindy

Back