Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Someone went and put a valve in upside down. Must be one of those European 3406B’s.
48d8a5dd886967dd6312f76d40028047.jpg

Nice rig. Nothin wrong with a big cam. What's the wheelbase. I think a 36 inch coffin would look right. I don't think the stacks are that bad. I'd rock em till they rotted off:rockwoot: Secondly, that's a huge shop they got in that ad. Old guy needs his golf cart to get around it. You guys out west don't phuck around

Most big cam problems come from being operated wrong, hard getting guys that dont quite understand how they should be ran to see they are good engines, if they werent they wouldnt have been using the 855 platform since the 60s.

Most big cam problems come from being operated wrong, hard getting guys that dont quite understand how they should be ran to see they are good engines, if they werent they wouldnt have been using the 855 platform since the 60s.

My basis is just personal driving habits, they are obviously good engines or they wouldn’t have been used so long and so widely. I just haven’t ever liked driving the few I’ve been around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s see if your attitude changes when you take a head bolt to the azz in that cabover Mr.80psi boost!

Looks like they for got to put the other 3 valves in...

No they’re there they just hammered them in the top of the piston. Helps with BSFC’s when you don’t have the valves in the way and making compression. Runs much more freely.
1676a855c6c67f68601e8bb14295ffc5.jpg

Can you expand on what you're looking for?
Pulled apart, cleaned/rebuilt and twisted up for a hot highway truck. I'd buy turbo/injectors to match. Probably not going to happen right away. I have a spare B that I was thinking about building a hot rod out of, I'd really like to do C-xx internals and go from there but I'm not sure if that's in the cards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just got informed my the HR/safety rep that Insurance is demanding all trucks owned/ leased to the company have ELDs...
They didn't like the fact I don't have a diagnostic port....
My days may be number here.....

That sucks! Ever haul anything out of modern welding in Newark Oh? New job, had some interesting drivers getting tanks/accessories today. One truck did look pretty nice to me though.
7342aedeb4a6daf7cd5f7b53094ca2cc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looks pretty slick.
I’m betting the hut out front houses the motor and pump as I see no lines.

Looks pretty slick.
I’m betting the hut out front houses the motor and pump as I see no lines.

I’ve never seen one set up that way. Usually everything is out in the weather.
Id tell everyone it stored a matching Harley.

Yea I’ve seen covers and such but not that. Which I could be very wrong too.

Just got informed my the HR/safety rep that Insurance is demanding all trucks owned/ leased to the company have ELDs...

They didn't like the fact I don't have a diagnostic port....

My days may be number here.....

And this is what I was afraid of. Simply having an elog exempt truck isn’t gonna cut it eventually, is what I’m guessing. Very ridiculous.

No idea what's in it, but funny you mentioned a Harley, one of the other trucks had a huge sleeper, and a small platform behind it with a Harley on it!

No idea what's in it, but funny you mentioned a Harley, one of the other trucks had a huge sleeper, and a small platform behind it with a Harley on it!

After seeing what else he drives, it’d probably be a Suzuki or Honda anyways

And this is what I was afraid of. Simply having an elog exempt truck isn’t gonna cut it eventually, is what I’m guessing. Very ridiculous.

Yeah, asked the boss what he plans where 12m ago... Especially since he was buying up 90s trucks... Asked him again this spring... Out of some 25 truck both company and to think 5-6 fall under the mandate. Rest are exempt.

Email had if you don't like it find other means of employment tone to it... See what owner has too say.. according to Dot and fmcsa I don't need one nor required to have one

Back