Truckers, lets see your rigs!

6 headed monster.
IMG_0038_zpsdffp4fko.jpg

What are the electric wires going into the valve covers?

I'm sure aftermarket steel pistons are available for the K. I just be curious to know how some are keeping them from melting holes in the pistons. Specifically one I see regularly. But maybe it has steel pistons.

What are the electric wires going into the valve covers?

I'm sure aftermarket steel pistons are available for the K. I just be curious to know how some are keeping them from melting holes in the pistons. Specifically one I see regularly. But maybe it has steel pistons.

Jake wires.

Water injection goes a long way or cold water aftercoolers.

There aren’t currently even aftermarket replacements for the QSK steel piston, let alone a replacement for an aluminum piston.

Jake wires.

Water injection goes a long way or cold water aftercoolers.

There aren’t currently even aftermarket replacements for the QSK steel piston, let alone a replacement for an aluminum piston.

I didn't think there was a Jake for the Ks. Would love to hear what that sounds like.

Didn't think a cold water aftercooler would help that greatly with keeping pistons happy. Water yes.

So, you're saying the national guys are running aluminum pistons?

I didn't think there was a Jake for the Ks. Would love to hear what that sounds like.

Didn't think a cold water aftercooler would help that greatly with keeping pistons happy. Water yes.

So, you're saying the national guys are running aluminum pistons?

Why wouldn’t colder intake charge help with pistons?

Why wouldn’t colder intake charge help with pistons?

I didn't say it wouldn't help. I didn't think it would make a significant difference in the keeping them from melting.

How much cooler does a ice water after cooler cool the intake are vs a charge air cooler. Theoretically a air to air will cool the temps to ambient air temp (say 80*) and an ice cooler 32*. Will a 60* difference in intake air temps make that big of a difference in the life of the piston?

Last edited:
As you all know, I’m not a Cummins fan, however I really want this thing. Can’t even really say why, but I really like it.

Take the stupid stacks off, and change a few small things around and it’d be very cool.
I’ve been toying around with the idea of building a local truck to put under a belt trailer.

1991 Peterbilt 379
1991 Peterbilt 379 - farm garden - by owner - sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice rig. Nothin wrong with a big cam. What's the wheelbase. I think a 36 inch coffin would look right. I don't think the stacks are that bad. I'd rock em till they rotted off:rockwoot: Secondly, that's a huge shop they got in that ad. Old guy needs his golf cart to get around it. You guys out west don't phuck around

Last edited:
Saw a pretty slick pete running down i35 (sorry) with some cow feeders just now, pretty sure it was Claytoncox on here, but all his pictures are photobucket’ed on his thread.

Black and green with lights across the middle of the sleeper. Ring a bell to anyone?

"Incoming call from Mr Faulkner"

97c650819aa62f59057d86ece8232a33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I can almost hear Kevin Rutherford playing on the radio in the background.

For guy who claims to have everything figured out in this business, I’m curious why you have someone else’s name on your door?

Last edited:
I can almost hear Kevin Rutherford playing on the radio in the background.

For guy who claims to have everything figured out in this business, I’m curious why you have someone else’s name on your door?

Lol you wish

Things are a bit different up here. Not many guys run solo. First year insurance runs 25 to 30k. I know one person doing it and I'm making more money than they are.

I didn't say it wouldn't help. I didn't think it would make a significant difference in the keeping them from melting.

How much cooler does a ice water after cooler cool the intake are vs a charge air cooler. Theoretically a air to air will cool the temps to ambient air temp (say 80*) and an ice cooler 32*. Will a 60* difference in intake air temps make that big of a difference in the life of the piston?

Well you have to consider the optimum circumstances for the air to air to make that drop, even in 30* weather on the interstate jfaulkners after market air to air is dropping a 494* charge to 122* on the outlet side. You might see sub 100* temps on occasion but that is unlikely.

Compare is to a stock JWAC which probably isn’t getting air temps under 180* and the cold water setup looks really good.

As you all know, I’m not a Cummins fan, however I really want this thing. Can’t even really say why, but I really like it.

Take the stupid stacks off, and change a few small things around and it’d be very cool.
I’ve been toying around with the idea of building a local truck to put under a belt trailer.

1991 Peterbilt 379
1991 Peterbilt 379 - farm garden - by owner - sale

I was just showing the boy this a couple days ago! Something about it (minus the stacks) just works for me. Would probably get a coffin bunk if it came up this way though. I think it's a cool lil truck for sure!

Back to square one... I got the one good tank of fuel. That’s it...

Back