Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Maybe im spoiled with the freight I haul? Ive done 3850 miles in 6 days legally and a reset on the 7th at home. In theory thats 15,400 miles in 4 weeks perfectly legal. But as we learn today (still loading) doesnt always work that way. Been at it for 2 months and this is the first delay ive had.

One of the biggest issues is it's government mandated.. bassed off false data and pretenses...

That delay will most likely bite you in the rear for couple weeks because of the lack of flexibility of elds.. it will do so in Los loads and production

How do you move when eld fails?

Last edited:
One of the biggest issues is it's government mandated.. bassed off false data and pretenses...

That delay will most likely bite you in the rear for couple weeks because of the lack of flexibility of elds.. it will do so in Los loads and production

How do you move when eld fails?

Shouldn't hurt just my holidays will start half a day later. I likely wasn't getting my reload until Thursday morning anyways as that place isn't open 24/7 unlike the unload spot. Usually you unload and reload at the 24/7 place. My day didn't start until 7pm but I'm parking around 12:30. Should make the border from there. Probably do an 8+2 split tomorrow and use the 2 hour break as my 30 minutes.

Also I could just keep driving burn hate switching back and forth night and days.

If the ELD fails you switch to paper and have so many days to fix it. You're required to keep paper logs in case this happens.

Whoops looks like I lost power to my ELD awww **** I have to run paper now. In truth the FMCSA would raise a stink if this was abused.

Unless it's AG and exempt, I don't know how it will work.

Running wide loads like we do, it really won't affect us but a couple times a month probably when trying to get home empty after dropping a load, so we'll just have to see.

We're already trying to decide how this will go, and whether we need to find a 99 379 to replace the 2014 389 glider we have now...

Chris
There is a personal conveyance exemption that you might be able to use. I doubt if it'd fly if you did it everyday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 headed monster.
IMG_0038_zpsdffp4fko.jpg

Best sticker ever.
IMG_0040_zpsomungvqx.jpg

6 headed monster.
IMG_0038_zpsdffp4fko.jpg

Best sticker ever.
IMG_0040_zpsomungvqx.jpg

Way cool. Wherei used to work, there was an old defunct wood grinder with one of those big blocks in it. But it had compounds on it. I was surprised to see that in that application, how would that setup work in a truck?:ft:

Way cool. Wherei used to work, there was an old defunct wood grinder with one of those big blocks in it. But it had compounds on it. I was surprised to see that in that application, how would that setup work in a truck?:ft:

There are a few of those running around in trucks, still have to be relatively conservative because they have aluminum pistons.

There are a few of those running around in trucks, still have to be relatively conservative because they have aluminum pistons.

Was there a factory Cummins steel piston? Or were they aluminum in the 450s? 525s and 600s have steel pistons?

Was there a factory Cummins steel piston? Or were they aluminum in the 450s? 525s and 600s have steel pistons?

No, only the late QSK pistons are steel and the cooling nozzles that work with those will not fit the older block.

As you all know, I’m not a Cummins fan, however I really want this thing. Can’t even really say why, but I really like it.

Take the stupid stacks off, and change a few small things around and it’d be very cool.
I’ve been toying around with the idea of building a local truck to put under a belt trailer.

1991 Peterbilt 379
1991 Peterbilt 379 - farm garden - by owner - sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As you all know, I’m not a Cummins fan, however I really want this thing. Can’t even really say why, but I really like it.

Take the stupid stacks off, and change a few small things around and it’d be very cool.
I’ve been toying around with the idea of building a local truck to put under a belt trailer.

1991 Peterbilt 379
1991 Peterbilt 379 - farm garden - by owner - sale

i'd rock it the way it is....totally sweet

i'd rock it the way it is....totally sweet

It’d get 6” stacks put on it, visor change, etc. little things. I love the colors and single breather.

It’d get 6” stacks put on it, visor change, etc. little things. I love the colors and single breather.

agreed. maybe bring them a little closer to the cab too

I think its a pretty cool little truck myself, even though I am not a Peterbilt fan. Even though this is an 855 it would be a fun little build, you could get an N14 charge air cooler and make this motor air to air. I'd love to see the difference air to air makes on a big cam.

Buy it and sell me the stacks.

Back