One thing led to another. Build thread.

You need both for 9.99 and quicker if i'm not mistaken. Bellhousing shield and trans blanket. Also supposed to have an engine diaper. I got the shield from summit.

Are you doing a diaper? I need to find a list for 9.99 and faster. For safety.

You need both for 9.99 and quicker if i'm not mistaken. Bellhousing shield and trans blanket. Also supposed to have an engine diaper. I got the shield from summit.

which shield is it? Do you have the part number for it? What did you get for a trans blanket?

Did you have to modify the shield? What didn't fit?

The brackets to bolt it to the bell housing are not the same because I'm betting he got one for a 727 and modified it. I'm still surprised TCI isn't making one of these yet. I made one like Brandon did years ago. An NHRA tech wouldn't allow it during a tech session after I had it on the car for 3 years. Made us take it off to run at their track. I'm still not sure how he could even see the darn thing with how space limited it is. Haha

The brackets to bolt it to the bell housing are not the same because I'm betting he got one for a 727 and modified it. I'm still surprised TCI isn't making one of these yet. I made one like Brandon did years ago. An NHRA tech wouldn't allow it during a tech session after I had it on the car for 3 years. Made us take it off to run at their track. I'm still not sure how he could even see the darn thing with how space limited it is. Haha

If it's modified, how is it still SFI compliant? I thought all safety stuff couldn't be altered from original certified condition.

If it's modified, how is it still SFI compliant? I thought all safety stuff couldn't be altered from original certified condition.

you are correct, but there are no options. Don't have one, then can't race. So I've heard that some modify in a way that doesn't affect the safety of the part then even go so far as to powder coat it and apply sfi sticker. Safer than not running with one.

I can't suggest any parts that will fit, but there are no sfi bellhousing/flexplate shields available that i'm aware of. A 727 shield would take major modifications to make work like cutting, welding, bending, etc. easier to start from scratch if it wasn't for the sticker.

It's a tci shield, but it doesn't fit right.

I got the biggest universal trans blanket summit had. Suncoast also sells one.

You remember if it was designed for a big block or small block? They look a little different.

This also looks cool and under 5lbs with hardware. It's a case/flex plate shield.

33985731545_4d72452dfa_k.jpg

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/csi-836

Last edited:
Back