2008 NHRDA East Coast Opener

Josh
sorry you feel that way, but the track did not fix up the track to ake it safe, and they did not provide an ambulance like they were suppose too. So everyone stood by Randy and did not want to race there on Sunday it was not safe!!! As far as the Sled pulling event I heard a few things and you would have to ask the Track why the Sled puller guy did not set up? I'm sorry your tranny has problems now, but normally the NHRDA events don't go like this. We always have a lot of fun at the events and look foorward to the next.

Josh...
This was nothing like any previous diesel events. There was a lot of behind the sceen drama taking place, as the track made promises to the NHRDA that were not lived up to. In fact, rumor has it, that a NHRDA official had to be phisically restrained at one point in a conversation with the track manager.
I also witnessed the "fire wood" proping up the damaged section of guardrail And lack of proper on site EMS. I stand 100% behind the drivers & NHRDA's decision to stop the race, & applaude there decision to award the entire race purse to Gary (wrongway) for the valuable lesson he taught us this weekend.
Check out the next event....I'll bet you'll be glad you did!

Josh...
This was nothing like any previous diesel events. There was a lot of behind the sceen drama taking place, as the track made promises to the NHRDA that were not lived up to. In fact, rumor has it, that a NHRDA official had to be phisically restrained at one point in a conversation with the track manager.
I also witnessed the "fire wood" proping up the damaged section of guardrail And lack of proper on site EMS. I stand 100% behind the drivers & NHRDA's decision to stop the race, & applaude there decision to award the entire race purse to Gary (wrongway) for the valuable lesson he taught us this weekend.
Check out the next event....I'll bet you'll be glad you did!

I dont doubt that this was the exception. And I fully support both decisions mentioned above. I just have a bad taste in my mouth from this whole experience and with it being my one and only NHRDA event... its all I have to go by! I couldnt believe it when I heard the Track didnt have a Medical staff on site. And I witnessed firsthand the conversation between the NHRDA official (I think it was Randy) and the Track Owner.

As a spectator and a Participant I felt let down! Maybe my expectations were too high, but I really expected this to be a first class event and didnt think my truck even belonged at an event of this caliber. I'm sure a lot of things that were supposed to happen, didnt happen... and some things that werent supposed to happen, did happen! I just didnt want to walk away feeling the way I did because I really support Diesel Performance and Technology.

take it from me Josh, the NHRDA events are awesome. i wanted to attend this event this weekend but my truck wants to act like a idiot right now so i couldnt. every event i have been to, i enjoyed. the last one at moroso, i drove over there both days from bradenton just to watch the same trucks from saturday run again. thats even after i got a $309 ticket on my way home!!! i believe there is one coming up at moroso. tag along with me and i guarantee you'll see some awesome trucks. I am even thinking about making the trip to bowling green ky in april for the BIG diesel event!

When is the event at Moroso? Its not on the same day as a Pull is it? Right now my tranny is out but I hope to have it back together be mid next week. I really need a Converter that will hold.

The Moroso event is April 19th & 20th. Sorry to hear about your tranny, I think I heard you mention it before we left the track on Sunday. Come over for the event, you won't be disappointed. Hope to see everyone there!

Back