2008 NHRDA East Coast Opener

Ok Kids ……..T-Minus 5 days and counting ………. Who’s up for some of the most exciting 1/8th mile drag racing they have ever seen?

Drag Racing
Sled Pulling
Wheelie Standers

Outlaw-Truck-Nationals-2008.gif

The track has hookups for power but you must be self-contained for water/sewage

If you are going to stay at the track I strongly suggest you bring what you want. Lets just say it’s a hike back to town.

They have some good directions on the tracks website.

http://www.breakawaydragway.com/breakawaytoday.htm

Hotel Info:

Microtel Inn & Suites
4959 White Tail Drive
Marianna, FL 32448
Tel: (850) 526-5005
Fax: (850) 526-5003
$70.00 a night

Quality Inn (FL251)
2175 Hwy 71 South , Marianna, FL, US, 32448
Phone: (850) 526-5600 Fax: (850) 482-7899
$55.80 a night You MUST mention the NHRDA.

I will see you at the track!

Ok Kids ……..T-Minus 5 days and counting ………. Who’s up for some of the most exciting 1/8th mile drag racing they have ever seen?

Drag Racing
Sled Pulling
Wheelie Standers

Outlaw-Truck-Nationals-2008.gif

The track has hookups for power but you must be self-contained for water/sewage

If you are going to stay at the track I strongly suggest you bring what you want. Lets just say it’s a hike back to town.

They have some good directions on the tracks website.

Hotel Info:

Microtel Inn & Suites
4959 White Tail Drive
Marianna, FL 32448
Tel: (850) 526-5005
Fax: (850) 526-5003
$70.00 a night

Quality Inn (FL251)
2175 Hwy 71 South , Marianna, FL, US, 32448
Phone: (850) 526-5600 Fax: (850) 482-7899
$55.80 a night You MUST mention the NHRDA.

I will see you at the track!

2 more days and i am on a plane flying to florida, man i cant wait.

just a hint to everyone we need new footage for the promo video for jess and bucks race so let us know who wants to due some crazy stuff in front of the camera. ps i mean on the racetrack and not after hours.

:nos::tree::cheer:

Alrighty then, I'm just trying to get the truck done then I'm heading out to Breakaway. Who else is gonna come join me?? Me and the "Black Mamba" have a date this Sunday:tree: Sorry Micky.....you lost.:hehe:

I am getting on airplane at 10pm tonight fly all night to panama city, then drive an hour to the track. Man i need a beer just thinking about my journey. I bet that i get the longest traveled award Seattle to Breakaway.

On another note i cant wait to see what everyone has done over the winter months and what times we are going to see :nos:

Also Breakaway has been playing our promo video on local television so hopefully the spectator crowd will be even bigger than last year.

well see everyone in about 36 hours

:nos::tree::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Its GAME TIME

I head out in a few hours ...... This should be a great weekend!!!!!!!!!

I will check in from the road if anyone needs anything.

I am getting on airplane at 10pm tonight fly all night to panama city, then drive an hour to the track. Man i need a beer just thinking about my journey. I bet that i get the longest traveled award Seattle to Breakaway.

On another note i cant wait to see what everyone has done over the winter months and what times we are going to see :nos:

Also Breakaway has been playing our promo video on local television so hopefully the spectator crowd will be even bigger than last year.

well see everyone in about 36 hours

:nos::tree::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Y-all have a great time and enjoy some safe racing action !!!!!:tree:

Have fun. I couldn't get my chit together again this year.

that sucks will is see you at moroso next month

man i am dragging ass i flew all night and got to florida at 9 am this morning, time to take a little nap and then off to the track :tree:

should be a great weekend i saw the promo video playing on the local television and the track said their phone has been ringing off the hook about those crazy outlway diesel trucks. wish everyone could be here for this event :cheer:*nx*

Well we're here, set up, and back at the hotel waiting for everyone to get here. We've already checked out the local Mexican restaurant, inspected their supply of Dos Equis XX and found it was adequate, at best.

A quick nap, shower, and we're heading back out to the track. Can't wait to see all our friends again, and make some new ones.

Matt, I hope you're bringing enough with that little motorcycle LOL It's no match to my superior golf cart racing skills LOL :shake:

................ after finding out that my kitchen passes for this year would vanish if I don't do the family thing this weekend, I have to bail. I'm sorry I cant make it guys, but I'll see yall in NC!!!!!

Have fun and be safe!

i had farm work pop up last minute and cant make it,but buck called from suncoast ron and the guys have it ready and they will be at the track tommorrow..jess

I won't be able to make it Sat as the wife has to work in the morning and I don't get off work until 8:30 in the morning but we will be there Sunday for sure. I might be able to talk to wife into going down Sat night and camping. I have a tent I haven't used in some time, we'll see.

Very cool ....... Just got in from the track. We have family that drove from Virginia to spectate. How cool is that? The pits are filling up fast. If you were on the fence.......I think you will regret not being at this one......

Well I'm not at it and already regretting it :bang :bang

Why do we have to do this thing called work??? It always seems to interfere with racing!!!!!!

I decided to head home at 10:00 am. Did I miss anything?
made it home at 7:00 pm (535 miles) gonna feel good to sleep in my own bed.
Had a great time can"t wait till next time.
TOMMY-N-JAX

Last edited:
I hope the Driver of the Silver & Black Dodge is OK! There were some very fast trucks out there this weekend and I wish things had gone better. I have been looking forward to this event for 2 months and I spent a lot of money, as did everyone else. And this bieng my first NHRDA Event, I was very dissapointed!

I went for the Sled Pull with the others from my Area (4 or 5 of us) and ended up Drag Racing because the Sled Pull Track never got set-up! I had never drag raced before and ended up Trashing my Transmission. It was a very long ride home and a very upsetting weekend for me and the rest of the guys from my area! I cant believe something backed by an organization like the NHRDA can be so unorganized.

I wish I could say I had a good time but I didnt, and I know I'm not alone on this one. We all paid for Saturday and Sunday and ended up getting a 1/2 day on Saturday. I signed up to become an NHRDA member... and for what? I didnt get to do anything I wanted to do and waisted a LOT of money doing it. Very Dissapointing!

Josh

Back