Standalone CR Sled trucks

very true bean. didnt think about that. I wish i would have been out at johns when he was playing with the early stand alone on dwaynes truck. would have been killer to hear a CR on a single event!

ok, ive beat them.... is that what you wanted to hear?? 10,000 dollars will not get you 900hp on a 12v, you just said the pump was 5k, and i know alot of guys in 2.6 class that have over 1500.00 in there injectors not 600. there 6500.00 so 3500 left. I dont think a stock 12v head will support 900hp so there is anoth 1k to 2k in porting maybe more.. then you got a cam.. 500-1000$ then u got pushrods and springs$$$ the list goes on.

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile. LOL

Those numbers were examples to show that you spend more per HP at the higher HP than you do the lower HP. Showing that someone with the VP44 truck could be competitive, but will they be a force to be reckoned with?

Lets see the CR engines want to spin the RPM, well you just ended up putting pushrods, 2 times the valves(better make sure they are good ones also since you have a smaller stem), 2 times the bowls to port, 2 times the springs more runners etc, etc.

Will a dual cp3 setup with stock cp3's keep up? How much is a modded cp3 pump?

Where did I say a pump was $5k LOL you need to read son.

My junk just beat several CR's this weekend. Some of the money I spent on my engine wasn't HP gainers, they were longevity gainers.

Does your truck beat those 12V on a regular basis?
Do those guys know how to set them up?

As usual I am skeptical, we were told how many years ago it was the year of the DMAX? I think the EFI and standalones will up the game for the cr trucks, will it dethrown the ppump? Time will tell.

Last edited:
Of course does a non stock bottom end add any HP? So being a stock bottom end really impacts the longevity of the engine more than anything.

my point was the fact of pushing the tuning limits, they arnt trying to grenade the truck just to prove a point...

Those numbers were examples to show that you spend more per HP at the higher HP than you do the lower HP. Showing that someone with the VP44 truck could be competitive, but will they be a force to be reckoned with?

Lets see the CR engines want to spin the RPM, well you just ended up putting pushrods, 2 times the valves(better make sure they are good ones also since you have a smaller stem), 2 times the bowls to port, 2 times the springs more runners etc, etc.

My junk just beat several CR's this weekend. Some of the money I spent on my engine wasn't HP gainers, they were longevity gainers.

As usual I am skeptical, we were told how many years ago it was the year of the DMAX? I think the EFI and standalones will up the game for the cr trucks, will it dethrown the ppump? Time will tell.

if they dont know how to set them up is that my fault? I run completely diff setup then the standalone guys.. an I mean completely... they run alot more rpm then me and they arent even over 4k yet.. strange yes.. but it works with my truck.. the cr trucks you beat this weekend are nothing like the cr trucks around me. One of the trucks never even made it out of the hole.. so in general you found a nut dan! why dont you bring that panty dropper out here this year.. or maybe me a bowersock will travle to you if I can stay at your house and have you read me p-pump bedtime stories.. since I will never run with them... only dreams!!

if they dont know how to set them up is that my fault? I run completely diff setup then the standalone guys.. an I mean completely... they run alot more rpm then me and they arent even over 4k yet.. strange yes.. but it works with my truck.. the cr trucks you beat this weekend are nothing like the cr trucks around me. One of the trucks never even made it out of the hole.. so in general you found a nut dan! why dont you bring that panty dropper out here this year.. or maybe me a bowersock will travle to you if I can stay at your house and have you read me p-pump bedtime stories.. since I will never run with them... only dreams!!

Oh boy here we go, lol. Never said the CR trucks I beat were bad to the bone, did I? LOL. I never said my truck would beat them either did I? LOL
I know better than that, mine is just an old turd that I throw parts at. I don't even have a billet wheeled turbo, so I know I can't do any damage LOL.

How come all of the Dmaxes haven't waxed the Cummins off the face of the earth? Is Ingram running a CR or 12V?

I am not saying a CR with RPM won't be competitive. I am saying they won't obsolete the Ppump in the pulling world.

Oh boy here we go, lol. Never said the CR trucks I beat were bad to the bone, did I? LOL. I never said my truck would beat them either did I? LOL
I know better than that, mine is just an old turd that I throw parts at. I don't even have a billet wheeled turbo, so I know I can't do any damage LOL.

How come all of the Dmaxes haven't waxed the Cummins off the face of the earth? Is Ingram running a CR or 12V?

I am not saying a CR with RPM won't be competitive. I am saying they won't obsolete the Ppump in the pulling world.

Ingram was running a 12v at TS. I seen it with my one good eye.

I agree. But they will compete.. I've yet to ever see a p pump truck win our points series out here.

I agree. But they will compete.. I've yet to ever see a p pump truck win our points series out here.

Points series can be won by making every pull. BOB points winner last year was getting 20-30 ft put on him the last half of the year by 3-4 different trucks. But because he made every hook he was too far ahead to catch.

Points series can be won by making every pull. BOB points winner last year was getting 20-30 ft put on him the last half of the year by 3-4 different trucks. But because he made every hook he was too far ahead to catch.

Yeah but that's Kentucky... top 10 here made every hook every week plus a lot more..

Sweet, cool to see some more stand alone's in there, they sound nice, real nice.

IMO the Mechanicals still have the upper hand on all out fuel flow, BUT the last time I talked with Andrew at Bosch is was working some magic on some CR injectors that were going to flow a stupid amount of fuel, like three pumps won't keep up fuel.

The death rate of the CR's will always be higher as far as I'm concerned simply from the unlimited high pressure potential that is always behind the CR injector, anyone who has popped a solenoid or stuck one will know what I'm talking about.
Given the current duration, we need the injectors to flow at least another 50-100% more than what they flow today to be on top consistently. I ran the numbers before we ever started down the standalone path and they weren't pretty. It's going to be a game to see who can seal the massive sticks when the solenoid is closed.

I watched you put good footage on them too.

Given the current duration, we need the injectors to flow at least another 50-100% more than what they flow today to be on top consistently. I ran the numbers before we ever started down the standalone path and they weren't pretty. It's going to be a game to see who can seal the massive sticks when the solenoid is closed.

Depends on what your trying to be on top of. Dont think it needs to be that drastic for a 2.6 truck but Open class no doubt.

FYI I run less pw at wot then most cr trucks on here idle at...

Dont come on here and bash us!

where in any of this did i bash on anyone....i made no reference to anyone at all in any shape or form. i made a GENERAL statement as to i wasnt impressed with stand alone controllers yet. they havent proven themselves one bit. if they have please someone show me. i understand they are a work in progress but theyve been out a few years now still to no avail.

as for cr against ppumps....i dont see a day in the near future that cr will hang with a good ppump truck. i mean what cr truck will hang with a 13mm or even 14mm ag gov ppump truck with a huge set of sticks. wont happen cant deliver the volume of fuel as quick as an ag pump can. why do you think adam h, evan s, and terry coppess run ppumps. CAUSE THEY SCREAM. i speak for dmax too its way tough to get around adam. gotta be on ur A game and beat him driving wise and set up. certainly not a hp game....as for someone saying a dmax isnt a force to be reckon with how not? the points champ in ohio the last 5 yrs was a dmax and so was ky two points series champs were the same dmax. pretty sold on that although i do give ALOT of credit to others that were behind because there are VERY good running trucks and some are cr dodges. i just dont see them being up there yet.

again all these are GENERAL statements not meant to bash on anyone so no crying fellas come on now.

one more thing too....idc if you have all the hp in the world. doesnt do a damn bit of good if you cant get it to the ground. anyone ever thought about that? i think darrek leis has hints why hes always up there at the top just my $.02

Last edited:

Word. Thats the thing about the CR injector, when you hog out the holes, in the same time you start to kill the pressure balance energy to close it, effects opening for that matter as well.

where in any of this did i bash on anyone....i made no reference to anyone at all in any shape or form. i made a GENERAL statement as to i wasnt impressed with stand alone controllers yet. they havent proven themselves one bit. if they have please someone show me. i understand they are a work in progress but theyve been out a few years now still to no avail.

as for cr against ppumps....i dont see a day in the near future that cr will hang with a good ppump truck. i mean what cr truck will hang with a 13mm or even 14mm ag gov ppump truck with a huge set of sticks. wont happen cant deliver the volume of fuel as quick as an ag pump can. why do you think adam h, evan s, and terry coppess run ppumps. CAUSE THEY SCREAM. i speak for dmax too its way tough to get around adam. gotta be on ur A game and beat him driving wise and set up. certainly not a hp game....as for someone saying a dmax isnt a force to be reckon with how not? the points champ in ohio the last 5 yrs was a dmax and so was ky two points series champs were the same dmax. pretty sold on that although i do give ALOT of credit to others that were behind because there are VERY good running trucks and some are cr dodges. i just dont see them being up there yet.

again all these are GENERAL statements not meant to bash on anyone so no crying fellas come on now.

one more thing too....idc if you have all the hp in the world. doesnt do a damn bit of good if you cant get it to the ground. anyone ever thought about that? i think darrek leis has hints why hes always up there at the top just my $.02

Im not arguing with darreks truck being a good runner but untill ths year in cotpc he wasnt at the top.. he was always around 5th place.. I remember jared beating him about half the time maybe more untill scheid and even after he still was right with him.. I beat darrek a few times early in the year at a few pulls.. im not convinced that darreks truck is a WINNER this year. he got a good number at urbana that track picked up 10ft if not more at the end. and pulled in mud at cynthiana with mud tires.... which if i remember correctly he was dq'd before it started and still took home the cash.. not very honest in my opinion!!

Back