Big turbo, big injectors, big problems

No,the problem is not installation error.Both turbos mount on the supplied pedestals,the pedestals can only be installed in the existing holes.The x-up-pipes can only be mounted to the exhaust manifold one way.Then when we bolted the upper pipe to the large turbo the other ends did not align at the waste gate or the small turbo,and the top pipe was too low to get the downpipe to fit.(see pics on first page).The story now is that they may have sent me the wrong pedestal.He talked with my shop last Monday and told them they would send the new pedestal and pipes and they should be there Tues or Wed.When they didn't show up by Thur, I called to find out why.Talked to Shawn who told me that they built a better jig that doesn't move.Said they were fabbing some new pipes and it would be a while.
Me-"how long is a while"
Him-"I can't tell you that"
Me-"whaddya mean you can't tell me"
Him-"these things take time "
Me-"well what are we talking days ,weeks,months?
Him-"I don't know can't tell ya,I'll give you a call middle of next week
give you an update.
Me-sarcastically "Gee ya think you could at least do that":bang:bang:bang:bang

Here it is next Thur and no phone call again.
Hey,Tadd seeing how it's near impossilble to get through your line of defense why don't ya give me a call and explain to me what takes so long to fab up a new set of pipes when You already have the jig set up?Or maybe we can get into a pissin' match right here.It's been real hard not getting on the other forums and telling my experiences with Elite and I really don't want it to come to that,just want my truck back together.So how about taking care of a customer who's paid up and been hanging for a month now before you take on any new business.

i have to call him back again still hasn't emailed the tunes to me, and i tried calling there with thfirst few issues but couldn't get through.

What never get's posted is that I called and spoke with Walt Barker last night about 8:30 his time and gave him an update (and before I even saw that he posted here). We are making him an entirely new set of pipes for his compounds and unfortunately that takes time and in the automotive world I have found that you are a fool to give a date. Ask Dalpilot, how long did it take Crower to get you rods? Were they dicking around, I doubt it but something delayed them. Or like when Garrett turbo is backordered on parts and we aren't given a release date. Garrett is huge and they can't give us a date. Sometimes things don't fall into place like you'd hope, you just deal with it. The last few pipes aren't fitting for chit, something moved in the jig?? Either way, Walt is being taken care of and Samson's has tunes just waiting for feedback from them. Elite is a small shop, only 4 people here, and we are doing our best to keep people happy.

It was much easier when I only had to worry about making my truck fast.
Tadd

So Tadd, what is the problem with the Turbos not fitting? Is it just an installation error?

Tim, the issue seems to be in the piping. We test fit two others here and no go either. The sets before that were ok. Jig moved?? Have to rework the jig and then make new pipes.

Thanks Tadd.To be fair I was gonna get on here and let everyone know about the phone call last night,but ya called just before I went to work-10pm-8am and ain't had a chance to get on the site yet.I can understand the snags that occur in this kind of business and deal with them pretty good if there is an open communication going on.It took a while to convince you guys that there was something wrong with the product.
Just to let everyone know, now that Tadd is aware of the problem ,he seems to be stepping up.Also I would like y'all to know that I did attempt to get this straightened out person to person first till I felt I had no other choice but to post some pics and tell my story
We'll see where it goes from here.I'm a very fair person and will let everyone know the outcome either way-good or bad.

tadd has done the same for me. took a couple days to get the tune just have to get the new converter in the truck and try tadd's tune

Ask Dalpilot, how long did it take Crower to get you rods? Were they dicking around, I doubt it but something delayed them.
Tadd

A long ass time Tadd. The reason mine took so long were because they are not a standard length rod. Had to do a lot of recalculating, and apparently throw away a couple in the process. My only problem with Crower was not the length of time, but the 12-16 weeks initial, then the you'll have them in 2 weeks comment every two weeks for the past 6 months. :bang If they would have been honest form the get go, and said, we have no idea, we'll get them ASAP, I would have been fine.

Sucks that the jig moved. Glad its getting worked out. Thats ultimately what everyone wants when they buy a high dollar part. If your paying top dollar, you should get top performance before and after the sale. Sounds like its moving in the right direction.

God this thread is funny. Sounds just like that hack job tad at Elite...This just goes to show that shop is screwed, which is just like the screwing they give their customers, and employees.

You think you might be a bit biased there Alan ?

Anyway...chit happens...jigs get knocked outta whack, etc. It happens.

As for the stock converter/huuge turbo issue....man y'all shouldda known better. That's in Diesel Mods 101...the beginners class.

allan your a tool, the man is trying to accomplish something, the only thing you and your brother do is cause crap, go hang out at a g@y site, your comments aren't welcomed here

I have elite 275's and they are great injectors, there is no way to stop these injectors from smoking on the street, you can make minimal smoke if you drive it easy. I have a 66 Silver bullet and i have a hard time building 5lbs off the line power braking, but that is bcz my converter needs changed to a 25-2800 stall.

54 psi, it takes a few seconds to get to 10 psi and after that less than a second to go straight to 54. when i get a higher stall converter i should be able to get 10 -15 lbs off the line i hope

Back