Team Thailand at the NHRDA World Finals

Ok, my prediction is, if Wade wins the World Championship, he will turn down any offer of a grudge race, due to some wacked out strange reason, just in fear that the little 4 banger might show him up, and would steal his thunder (of which it already has, not sure Wade had any to begin with)

Whats the big f'ing deal with this truck anyway? yeah its cool and all but why the hell are we even discussing changing rules? If the rules say points follow driver then great, rock it Mike.
I still thinks its stupid that all this time and energy is being spent on this one truck. Would the NHRA let some random car from bumfucwherever compete in thier championship if it had never competed in a NHRA sanctioned race? Isn't that the model we're trying to follow so someday we might actually have a diesel class?! This is serious stuff that needs to be thought about. We want our sport to grow.
We're acting like a horny teenage boy that just saw some tail for the first time. Yeah shes a skank but he's gonna hit it anyhow. Now your the guy who'll screw anything.bye bye quality ass. Oops.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I think you're missing the point.....

They put together a truck to meet NHRDA's class rules just so they could come here and actually get some track time in. If they've put forth the effort to get this far, why not have some competition at the same time?? In a class with fewer than 5 vehicles competing at any given time, I would think that encouraging more racers to join would be proactive.... but wtf do I know.

Whats the big f'ing deal with this truck anyway? yeah its cool and all but why the hell are we even discussing changing rules? If the rules say points follow driver then great, rock it Mike.
I still thinks its stupid that all this time and energy is being spent on this one truck. Would the NHRA let some random car from bumfucwherever compete in thier championship if it had never competed in a NHRA sanctioned race? Isn't that the model we're trying to follow so someday we might actually have a diesel class?! This is serious stuff that needs to be thought about. We want our sport to grow.
We're acting like a horny teenage boy that just saw some tail for the first time. Yeah shes a skank but he's gonna hit it anyhow. Now your the guy who'll screw anything.bye bye quality ass. Oops.

To the best of my knowledge the NHRA events are stand alone events not an invitational event like this NHRDA event so if some nobody built a top fuel car that passed tech and had the license to drive it he could show up at the season finale and if he qualified he could race and win the class if he went rounds... Just like in NASCAR with their Chase a non Chase driver can still race and get a win!!!

These guys did something very few if any here are financially ably to do in a very short amount of time and spent more than most will spend on their trucks in a lifetime just to get here and race(over 15 grand in airline tickets alone if all the folks in the posted pic came over here). That's about the most commendable thing I've seen in a decade of involvement in this sport. Should rules be rewritten for them? Possibly not...but if the other Pro Stock drivers want the competition and agree they can race why in the hell not let them race?
And if Wade cries and doesn't want them to race I hope to hell and back they strap Michael in and let him put on a show. Win or lose is irrelevant...everyone here always *****es about not having side by side Pro class racing...well here it is slapping you in the face so why not support it?

I could give a rats ass who disagrees with me...but if you call your event the "world finals" but won't let someone from 1/2 way across the world compete if the other class drivers agree that's a crock of sh!t. It's not their fault nobody has a race there for them to qualify at and it's damn sure stupid to say they should fly here just to break the beams to qualify. That alone would cost an arm and a leg....hell you can't even get people here to drive 100 miles to an event sometimes and if they do it's to do burnouts in parking lots and tear up hotels.

Randy will do what Randy wants to do....but it should at least be heavily considered to let them compete if their driver gets his license signed off.
These boys have proven they came to race.

Last edited:
UNBROKEN, I agree these guys broke their arse
to get here, let them run. If they can't I do hope
they will consider letting Michael run it.

Nope.not on drugs. If the rules say they can race then they should race. I just think its alot of hoopla over one truck. There's guys who have 15k into figuring out what turbo set up they like so dont even get me started on money talk.

To the best of my knowledge the NHRA events are stand alone events not an invitational event like this NHRDA event so if some nobody built a top fuel car that passed tech and had the license to drive it he could show up at the season finale and if he qualified he could race and win the class if he went rounds... Just like in NASCAR with their Chase a non Chase driver can still race and get a win!!!

Pretty sure the finals are based on points. I could be wrong.

Pretty sure the Thai team knew all of this going in and were OK with it, right? If they're good with it why isn't everyone else?

Nope.not on drugs. If the rules say they can race then they should race. I just think its alot of hoopla over one truck. There's guys who have 15k into figuring out what turbo set up they like so dont even get me started on money talk.

so building a pro-street truck from the ground up in about a month and shipping it across the world is no big deal? Jebus I would hate to have to impress you... ever LOL

Its awesome. Not saying its not.

Being impressed with somthing and disagreeing with the way that something is portrayed are two very different things.

i dont know any team other than Brad (DirtyMax) that would build a prostock truck and let a driver he doesnt even know race it. he has done it before. let alone a new build that has less than what 10 passes down the track.

if ALL teams say let them race , ****in game on. but then Wade will ***** like a little girl and try to get them dq'd for something or object

I know plenty of teams that let others drive their cars. 200+ mph 1/8th mile cars. If you can drive...you can drive. Doesn't matter what it is.

I know plenty of teams that let others drive their cars. 200+ mph 1/8th mile cars. If you can drive...you can drive. Doesn't matter what it is.

oh haven't you herd 200mph in a diesel truck is way different then 200mph in a car....................................................:nail:

Back