Swole's Infamy of Carnage Continues!!

Common rail man, common rail man. Broke down and waiting for tow truck man. Tow truck man, tow truck man. Paying his bills thanks to common rail man.

On all these tore up trucks what HP range are you shooting for?Been running 800 plus for years and have never once melted a piston or cracked a injector.800 on a cr is a pretty mild build a smallish set of chargers,injectors,which I have personally only started with Bosch,two pumps possibly a good single,and a Smarty ,03-04 throw in a TST and there you are.NO capped rail or even a pressure box is needed to get 800 which to me is a pretty tuff street truck that you can still tow with and run 11s at the track and not tear up every week.Have customers that have run like this for years.

so would it be better to just run 20-22kpsi w/ bigger nozzles or more duration? dirtier, yes, but perhaps the tips would stay in place?

Im with you ,run it like a mechanical ,going to be dirty but I think any 1000 plus hp diesels are going to be.Im a cr guy but the mechanical still have many advantages over cr.

David has a custom nozzle on his injectors. A SAC hole style nozzle. They fail easier with these elevated stress volume and pressure levels, but give much better performance compared to a stock nozzle. On the 04.5+ engines we use the stock nozzle in probably 99% of the time, but they fail too. Just not as often. BUT, when they do fail, it is not pretty. We have always limited the use of the SAC nozzle to serious racers, etc. They typically understand that the fuel system is stressed to the MAX and oftentimes past what it was designed to operate in.

F1 Diesel said:
Will I have a Tip Failure with a F1 Diesel EDM modified nozzle?

The short answer is no! Back when the project first began we did the research on the tip designs and their different limits. F1 Diesel does not use any stock Bosch nozzles and we do not use any seat hole styles either. As mentioned earlier the seat hole loading limit was too low in its current factory form to support the extra performance we were needing. We wanted/needed more spraying holes than the stock nozzles were capable of supporting. This is the reason we use the sac hole style nozzle. Although it is similar to a conventional sac nozzle it is our own and soon to be patented design. Actually we currently have 3 different designs we are using that are all unique in style, strength and metallurgy. They are tougher and stronger than any stock Dodge Cummins nozzle you get from the factory.

Let me drag out my mullet wig and polyester suit while I sing, "You spin me right round like a record baby right round round round." Please tell us why the LLY, LBZ, LMM, and 6.7L all use a sac type nozzle, when VCO nozzles were used previously?

Common rail man, common rail man. Broke down and waiting for tow truck man. Tow truck man, tow truck man. Paying his bills thanks to common rail man.

And the poor tow truck mans bill is from fixing his six leaker.

What makes the injectors so much better in a duramax? I rarely ever hear of problems with them (lly,lbz, lmm. I know about the lb7 injector problems) but constantly hear about injectors failing in everything from my buddies bone stock 100K mile 05 model cummins all the way up to the highest hp common rail dodges. What gives?

Man David......With your luck I wouldnt ever leave the house again....Maybe going to church more often would help :hehe::hehe::hehe:

What makes the injectors so much better in a duramax? I rarely ever hear of problems with them (lly,lbz, lmm. I know about the lb7 injector problems) but constantly hear about injectors failing in everything from my buddies bone stock 100K mile 05 model cummins all the way up to the highest hp common rail dodges. What gives?

Only a guess, but dodge guys use more pressure devices.

My buddy had injector problems in his lbz from a pressure box WFO all the time.

Sorry for your troubles Swole!

I have to say that Don is right. Theonly issuse I've ever had was the bad body a Long time ago and this tip ( and asbof now I dont even know that its he tip or injector related).

Don / F1diesel has been nothing but outstanding with helping me. I understand lots of you guys have feelings about this stuff, but I don't want to get into this pissing match. I appreciate Don and his wife greatly!

Thanks for the concern folks. I really just hope its not serious and I can ger it back running quickly!!

I'll keep everyone posted on my findings!

dude that sucks hope nothing tore up . I'm running flux 5.1 and have beat on it for 30000 km, the only thing is every thing around the motor is wearing out. it's safe to say that I;ll be buying another set of f1's when the time comes, I guess I'm just lucky good luck

shane

Poor swole just can't catch a break..Well i'm in the market right now for a CR....i'll buy just your truck from you and you can keep the motor..wat you want for the ole girl...

This concerns me, because I am about to buy some F1 Flux 2 nozzles.....

D45- Now I feel bad telling you how well mine worked out.... 2's are new stock Bosch modified (VCO I think). No worries man.

Swole, hope it's just a minor set back.

Back