Switchblade turbocharger

All I did is graph the chart. I am not saying what can or can't happen. I am just posting data. I know 1 of the guys involved with this very well, and I will say that he wouldn't knowingly be giving me false data to post. I would take that to the bank.

I was thinking the sticks were larger than 70 HP sticks. But I could be wrong.

not calling you a liar by any means as you are just graphing data given to you but there is something wrong with either the transducers or guages which is giving a false reading. now like i said it this turns out to be true then all has my apologies and i eat crow but till then, still gotta call :bs:

even on their own website with the turbo in action. at 54ish pounds of boost it was making 50ish drive. now 4psi drop is believable. not 30psi drop. bad trasducer? gauge pegged at what on the mechanical gauge?

The video on the website was from a different truck, with different modifications.

The video on the website was from a different truck, with different modifications.

understandable. with all the performance guys on this site and the hundreds of different turbos ran on trucks, 2nd gens and 3rd gens, if you could find me ONE ounce of data or another turbo setup that was even remotely close to these numbers i would say hay, look this truck has similar numbers. there has never been a single turbo truck on any dodge make 85 psi boost and only 50psi of drive, i dont care what ar the housing changes to , its still a 63mm comp wheel that can only flow so much. there is A- not enough fuel with his mods to make 86psi of boost, B- like stated similar numbers have NEVER been done on ANY dodge truck that i am aware of, and C- there is no way that boost would be close to 86psi with out having the force to drive it that high and 52psi of drive just dont cut it. sorry.

From what I can see with he little bit of info that's out there is that when the housing is open its 18cm, I just don't see any way that those mods will create enough flow to fill an 18 housing and spin the Turbo to 80+ psi.

If you took a 63mm Turbo with a 1.0ish ar turbine housing you should be able to recreate these #'s and i just don't see that happening. The only way I could see it making that much boost is if the housing was still closed which would also explain the high egt's but it leads me to believe that your dp reading is incorrect.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

If the soot was clogging it, I would think that it wouldn't just clog it at higher PSI? I did suggest that they swap the plumbing only(boost channel and sensor to measure drive, and drive to measure boost) that would eliminate the electronics portion. Only other think I could think of was a leak in the drive pressure tubing that would act like an orifice. Hopefully some inspection and new data, can support the existing data.

I think cummins41 is going to switch the plugs on the transducers and log some additonal data.
The 86 psi is crazy, I agree to that. The 30 psi differential is crazy too. I am about 4 hours from Cummins41. I would like to see this in person also. I can tell you that no one is reporting false data on purpose. He is going to take some troubleshooting steps to insure what he is recording is accurate. When he first sent me the log several days ago I had serious doubts and had him verify, the gauges seem to be reporting the same trend even though they won't read as high as the transducers. I have the same transducers on my truck and have never seen any inaccuracies. They either work or they don't.
You have to keep in mind what ever this turbo is doing is not the result of a haphazard guess of putting a bunch of parts together hoping it works. The desgin has been changed and tweeked at least a hundred times.

Here's the latest, the tranny let go a while back and he is in the process of getting things lined up to get it fixed.

And as far as rpm, that transducers way to.expensive, the back psi an boost psi ones were bad enough!

Why don't you give something like this a try? It's cheap (less than $500), easily adaptable, and offers a gauge as well as datalogging options.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/sites/default/files/accessories/781328_Speed_Sensor_Kit_Installation_Instructions.pdf

Garrett Turbocharger Turbo Speed Sensor Street Kit w/ Gauge [PN 781328-0001] - $415.00 : Himni Racing, Turbocharger, Turbo, Garrett, Turbo Kit, GReddy, Mazda RX-7, HKS, Apexi, TiAL, TurboXS, TurboSmart, Flange, Turbonetics, Exhaust, Intercooler, ACT, Intake

What transducers are you using for pressure? Do they read gauge pressure or absolute? Are you using snubbers to prevent spikes or pulse effects?

--Eric

Wow that was a great read so what's the bottom line? Is this thing snake oil or does it work better than a standard turbo? They are having a sale on this right now and I'm considering trying it for the towing benefits! Currently using a silver 64 tricky to tow with but doable!

with only one truck on the planet using it and no updates in 6 months, since it had issues and then his trans died, there is precious little info to go on.

maybe he is force feeding it, ram air, or plumbed the radiator shroud to the air filter box, we all know how much air a cummins fan can move...........

with only one truck on the planet using it and no updates in 6 months, since it had issues and then his trans died, there is precious little info to go on.

I didn't realize only one truck on the planet was using it.:poke:

I know 2 trucks personally that have it, and I imagine several more that I don't know of are running them.

I think one of them just did a haul that was grossing 29K, and had good results.

I didn't realize only one truck on the planet was using it.:poke:

I know 2 trucks personally that have it, and I imagine several more that I don't know of are running them.

I think one of them just did a haul that was grossing 29K, and had good results.

:blahblah1:
...oddly they never post here (or anywhere!) or have any data logged...
:pop:

I'm REALLY disappointed in this product. It seemed to have so much potential but then the thread is dead for 6 months? No one but this ONE guy has come on with any experience as a customer?
I know a few companies over the years have built similar type turbos but stopped. why?
IMO, this would have been WAY more successful as a S300 or S400 exhaust housing option.
At least then we could have real comparisons in an apples to apples test scenario.
I honestly applaud the efforts, but would really like to see more data (longer than 5-10 seconds) like so many other companies have done with back-to-back runs with a similar common part for comparison (in this case maybe a PS62 or superB special?) so we have something to go by. $.02

:blahblah1:
...oddly they never post here (or anywhere!) or have any data logged...
:pop:

I'm REALLY disappointed in this product. It seemed to have so much potential but then the thread is dead for 6 months? No one but this ONE guy has come on with any experience as a customer?
I know a few companies over the years have built similar type turbos but stopped. why?
IMO, this would have been WAY more successful as a S300 or S400 exhaust housing option.
At least then we could have real comparisons in an apples to apples test scenario.
I honestly applaud the efforts, but would really like to see more data (longer than 5-10 seconds) like so many other companies have done with back-to-back runs with a similar common part for comparison (in this case maybe a PS62 or superB special?) so we have something to go by. $.02

LMAO, maybe they aren't on the net.

Weren't you a naysayer from the start? :)

Since we are talking data, how long did it take you to get your supercharger/turbo setup to the dyno? I am assuming you surely would have dynoed them by now.

Back