Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

Thats the thing- I'm trying to decide if I want to make the trip to see John P, Timmy B and others compete on the dyno along with the sled pulling action later that night,..... but if FBD is going to put up or shut up it will make it worth the trip, even if I pay for his dyno fee =P

As much as I would like to see Gus go to this dyno event I would prefer to see back to back dyno runs of the different pumps on the same truck. But if Gus can go to the dyno and can make more than 870 RWHP then I will also be convinced the monster VP works as claimed.

Hold on Doug... you popped 890 with a single and gas, so 870 should be no problem for Gus with twins and gas correct?

Jetpilot said:
As much as I would like to see Gus go to this dyno event I would prefer to see back to back dyno runs of the different pumps on the same truck. But if Gus can go to the dyno and can make more than 870 RWHP then I will also be convinced the monster VP works as claimed.
I agree with you Jetpilot, the last VP was in 2002 so five years later the most powerful VP is still a stock ETC VP. The VP's 98.5-02, Five years worth of trucks/potential customers and no still no reliable answers from the aftermarket world.

Timbeaux38 said:
Hold on Doug... you popped 890 with a single and gas, so 870 should be no problem for Gus with twins and gas correct?

Tim,

The 890 was a p-pumped truck that I finally got to 912. With a standard ol VP I made 832 RWHP. But Ray Salters did 867 earlier this year with a standard VP.

farmboysdiesel said:
Doug - what did your truck ever run at the track with that big HP number??

I will see if I can find my timeslip, but the redline box malfunctioned, RT of around 2.8 or so due to no boost (I was driving terrible) The truck just popped like crazy once I hit 3350 rpm . But the truck did 100+ MPH in the 1/8th. I never got a chance to get it back onto the track like it was setup.

Jetpilot said:
Tim,

The 890 was a p-pumped truck that I finally got to 912. With a standard ol VP I made 832 RWHP. But Ray Salters did 867 earlier this year with a standard VP.

I will see if I can find my timeslip, but the redline box malfunctioned, RT of around 2.8 or so due to no boost (I was driving terrible) The truck just popped like crazy once I hit 3350 rpm . But the truck did 100+ MPH in the 1/8th. I never got a chance to get it back onto the track like it was setup.

I got a good video on my home computer of that run, left the line with no boost looked like he was sprayin for mosquitos, but when it made boost and that bottle kicked in you could hear that thing screaming mad Rpms hauling A. but not top end due to his Redline malfuncting.

Doug was that the only time you ran, up in Maple grove? Same day Chris broke a 11.76 on #2

farmboysdiesel said:
I'm guessing some people are missing the point - don't care anything about a dyno number which really means nothing. ET is where it's at - first pass at 93mph might be old new but not on the first pass.

The only real way to lower your ET's IS by dyno testing!!:bang

Otherwise you are just guessing, going by the seat of the pants and pissing in the wind ;)

Brett,

Yup thats the only day it made it to the track..... Vlave broke after that and a new engine went in.

Dockboy said:
The only real way to lower your ET's IS by dyno testing!!:bang

Otherwise you are just guessing, going by the seat of the pants and pissing in the wind ;)

Yup, tune too the most power you can make on the rollers then take it to the track. Especially with when running nitrous. Save you alot of time, money and wear & tear on your truck.

Jetpilot said:

Why 870? 800 on fuel wouldn't convince you? :what:
Back to back testing wouldn't really show the full potential of the pump if the truck has to be set up differently for each pump.

Seeing Gus roll back to back with the likes of Timmy B or John P would be all the convincing I'd need. You game Gus?:poke:

Ph4tty said:
Why 870? 800 on fuel wouldn't convince you? :what:
Back to back testing wouldn't really show the full potential of the pump if the truck has to be set up differently for each pump.

Seeing Gus roll back to back with the likes of Timmy B or John P would be all the convincing I'd need. You game Gus?:poke:

Come on down here - got something you need to see.

farmboysdiesel said:
Come on down here - got something you need to see.

Are you hitting on me now, cuz I'm not down with that gay ish :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I just want to see a vp44 truck compete with the big dogs :rockwoot:

I don't really get this thread..... so farmboysdiesel, do you have somthing against a dyno or somthing? There has got to be atleast one dyno day a month somewhere around you less than 100 miles. Why don't you just run on the dyno and let everyone know what you make?

farmboysdiesel said:
Even when it happens nothing will be made public.

Then what's the point of saying that this pump is the cat's meow and what not if your not going to give the public any information other than it runs good? Track times are one thing but we all want dyno numbers to see differences between the two pumps. Maybe it's just me but if I was trying to sell this pump or get the word out on how much better it is I would be racking up huge dyno and track time bills to show to the public that it really does exist and really is worth the extra money.

Back