Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

It’s almost amusing how much everyone here is bothered by the fact that Gus enjoys his injection pump :pop:
& that he is satisfied with being one of only a few people who really know what kind of power his truck makes! :bow: :evil

Timbeaux38 said:
No but if you claimed they were the greatest thing ever, and then could not tell anyone why they were, we would doubt you as well.

I like Gus, we have talked on the phone on several diffrent occasions. But this "superpump" is someting that I would procure if I see factual data to back it up. To this point, I have seen no such data from anyone running one, and Gus tells us how great it is, then tells us to step up and buy one if we want to find out why. It appears that he does not even know why it is better.... This may be because he has no baseline to compare it to, but added smoke is no indicator of how much power you make, and he knows that.

Timmay hit the nail on the head...I don't care if he thinks we should buy one or not...but ever since he got his engine together 6 months ago, all we hear in about every third post of his is either how much better this pump is...but he doesn't want to, prove this statement, but he damn sure wants to keep cheerleading for it.

Either put up, or shutup...it really that simple if he want's us to leave him alone;)

Chris

9 LIVES said:
It’s almost amusing how much everyone here is bothered by the fact that Gus enjoys his injection pump :pop:
& that he is satisfied with being one of only a few people who really know what kind of power his truck makes! :bow: :evil

I'm not bothered by it at all. But he obviously want everyone to think he makes assloads of power by the fact that he posts about it often. You cannot argue that fact.

Timbeaux38 said:
You tell me that if you had been hearing about a product that was supposed to be the cats ass for over 6 months with beta testers all over the country, that you would buy into the idea without ONE single tangible bit of proof other than some smokey videos.

Um.. Gus did just that. :hehe:

Fact of the matter is ' racing duallie ' parades about in his cheerleading outfit exclaiming how awesome and jaw dropping his pro mod truck is that has never seen the light of day or a track....that has been at least a year that his posts have been going on....no dyno numbers no track slips (but a lot of yap about how great his project is and his sponsor plugs) Yet nobody bothers him about how much wasted web space he creates with that thread. :blahblah1:

All it means is that if you want to go out and dyno your truck, by all
means, do so, and have a good time doing it. You should remember however that the dyno cannot necessarily tell the whole story as it happens on the street, and because of this, the information it gives should be used as an indicator and not an absolute. Everyone has different setups that would create different power output. :shake:

As Gus has made it clear he is not out here for the highest public dyno numbers. He is out to set personal goals on the track. :rockwoot:

So how many of you guys are gonna call me and order up my super VP widgets? They are hard to come by so I may have to put you on a list.... Plus if I send you one it might not work as it should but just send it back and I will keep it awhile and then send it back to you. Heck I think I might even make a stage 2 and stage 3 widget.LOL

9 LIVES said:
You should remember however that the dyno cannot necessarily tell the whole story as it happens on the street, and because of this, the information it gives should be used as an indicator and not an absolute.

The dyno is a great tool for quantifying results..... I love guys who say the dyno sucks because their truck didn't make the HP they thought, or they say my truck has more HP than the dyno showed. But guess what, they are wrong a dyno does not lie. Using a dyno properly will tell much more than driving it on the street, track, or sled pulling. You can see HP/TQ curves, establish gains and decreases from mods done and improve overall performance of an engine.

9 LIVES said:
Fact of the matter is ' racing duallie ' parades about in his cheerleading outfit exclaiming how awesome and jaw dropping his pro mod truck is that has never seen the light of day or a track....that has been at least a year that his posts have been going on....no dyno numbers no track slips (but a lot of yap about how great his project is and his sponsor plugs) Yet nobody bothers him about how much wasted web space he creates with that thread. :blahblah1:

All it means is that if you want to go out and dyno your truck, by all
means, do so, and have a good time doing it. You should remember however that the dyno cannot necessarily tell the whole story as it happens on the street, and because of this, the information it gives should be used as an indicator and not an absolute. Everyone has different setups that would create different power output. :shake:

As Gus has made it clear he is not out here for the highest public dyno numbers. He is out to set personal goals on the track. :rockwoot:
That is great and I hope Gus reaches all(personal) goals he has set forth. The only flaw in your arguement is that whle Duallie does take the opportunity to make claims and jock his sponsors (alot), his truck is still being built. Gus on the other hand, went through quite the lenghty build up as well, jocking his sponsors along the way too. When Duallie gets done, he will no doubt be asked to prove much of what he is claiming now.
As far as your dyno arguement, nobody ever said that all trucks have the same setup... The pinch from the begining with this pump has always been wether or not it makes additional power with the use of electronics. We have heard this pump makes 140 HP over an SO pump..... Nobody will say wether or not it will make another 120 with a Fuel box.....and neither can Gus.

Jetpilot said:
So how many of you guys are gonna call me and order up my super VP widgets? They are hard to come by so I may have to put you on a list.... Plus if I send you one it might not work as it should but just send it back and I will keep it awhile and then send it back to you. Heck I think I might even make a stage 2 and stage 3 widget.LOL

sign me up... If I put 2 on will it double my HP? :woohoo:

Jetpilot said:
The dyno is a great tool for quantifying results..... I love guys who say the dyno sucks because their truck didn't make the HP they thought, or they say my truck has more HP than the dyno showed. But guess what, they are wrong a dyno does not lie. Using a dyno properly will tell much more than driving it on the street, track, or sled pulling. You can see HP/TQ curves, establish gains and decreases from mods done and improve overall performance of an engine.

This is true, when i got my NX 2 Stage kit slaped it ont the rollers and went through about 3 bottles of spray and tuned to 790hp, went to the track on the first full run did 11.48@ 117, not to shabby, havent really went back to the track since

Timbeaux38 said:
sign me up... If I put 2 on will it double my HP? :woohoo:

Tim,

Actually if you add 2 I cannot be responsible for the overfueling condition you will have.... Even running 6 stages of nitrous you will not be able to clean it up! Come on and give me a call I can hook you up. No dynoing it though just SOP meter testing please because as we all know it is really what matters. :bang

You should have my card # from when I bought those fuel magnets a while back, go ahead and send me a few LOL

This is GREAT!!!! I have been following this thread for the past 2 days now and it just keeps gettin better and better. I do only see one flaw if Farmboy goes to a dyno to prove this. All he has to do is throw on another stage of N2O and say he didn't, then fool everyone to believing it made alot more power. Anyone can make more power adding nitrous. I say make 3 fuel only passes, one with no electronics, another with anly half of the elctronics tuning, then full elctronics. That would be a good indicator if this pump is actually better than a SO or HotRodVP44.

Timbeaux38 said:
No but if you claimed they were the greatest thing ever, and then could not tell anyone why they were, we would doubt you as well.

I like Gus, we have talked on the phone on several diffrent occasions. But this "superpump" is someting that I would procure if I see factual data to back it up. To this point, I have seen no such data from anyone running one, and Gus tells us how great it is, then tells us to step up and buy one if we want to find out why. It appears that he does not even know why it is better.... This may be because he has no baseline to compare it to, but added smoke is no indicator of how much power you make, and he knows that.

You know you're the best Tim!!

I will say this much at this point - I built this engine from scratch - bare block beginning - and changed some things in the process. The injectors I'm running now are smaller flow wise than a Mach 7. This engine took the truck down the track first time out a 7.52 with a terrible 60ft - a tenth slower than last year on motor alone. There's plenty of room to go and whenever I get a chance it will be put on a dyno. Only thing I have to do now is get Turbonetics to send me a new IC - blew this one apart last night at the track. An 11.49 has already happend on fuel only with this pump and it has already made, not on my truck, over 750 rwhp - dyno proven. There has been testing already but not by me.

farmboysdiesel said:
An 11.49 has already happend on fuel only with this pump and it has already made, not on my truck, over 750 rwhp - dyno proven.

When did this happen and where? What brand dyno and its location was used also what were the control condidtions? I have seen a ton of dyno sheets where CF's were bogus thus the HP numbers were too. I know there were rumblings earlier this year about dyno numbers but when it actually came to testing a SO, HRVP, and MVP against each other there seemed to be some confusion. Done different days, different trucks, etc.

Gus this isn't to call you out, you made the statement that it has already proven it can do 750 RWHP on fuel alone so some answers would be nice.

kino_fab said:
I do only see one flaw if Farmboy goes to a dyno to prove this. All he has to do is throw on another stage of N2O and say he didn't, then fool everyone to believing it made alot more power.

The use of nitrous is easily detected on a dyno sheet! ;)

Anyone can make more power adding nitrous.

Oh yeah? Have you ever tried?? I doubt it, because that's the common statement from the "Fuel only is the only real power....Nitrous is cheating" clan*bdh* :bang

There is much more to it than just slapping it on and making 200 hp:hehe: In fact, it is very possible to LOSE hp if you don't know what you are doing!!:kick:

Jetpilot said:
When did this happen and where? What brand dyno and its location was used also what were the control condidtions? I have seen a ton of dyno sheets where CF's were bogus thus the HP numbers were too. I know there were rumblings earlier this year about dyno numbers but when it actually came to testing a SO, HRVP, and MVP against each other there seemed to be some confusion. Done different days, different trucks, etc.

Gus this isn't to call you out, you made the statement that it has already proven it can do 750 RWHP on fuel alone so some answers would be nice.

Hang on a sec Doug while I pull those dyno sheets out.....

Sorry, couldn't find them - guess it's my job to keep up with everything and worry about what everybody else is doing like most folks are doing. The 11.49 was done in NH at Northeast Performance Diesel's open house and dyno event. Dyno testing was done in OH. That's all I know.

Dockboy said:
The use of nitrous is easily detected on a dyno sheet! ;)

Oh yeah? Have you ever tried?? I doubt it, because that's the common statement from the "Fuel only is the only real power....Nitrous is cheating" clan*bdh* :bang

There is much more to it than just slapping it on and making 200 hp:hehe: In fact, it is very possible to LOSE hp if you don't know what you are doing!!:kick:

Yeah right it's just like in the movies, all's you have to do is lift the cover and push the button and everything gets blury and your hauling a$$ LOL

dzlfarmboy said:
Yeah right it's just like in the movies, all's you have to do is lift the cover and push the button and everything gets blury and your hauling a$$ LOL

:hehe: BrettLOL

Back