Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

What else do we have better to do on a Fri afternoon other than drink a beer and take stupid jabs. It's the diesel life ya know.

Jetpilot said:
So how many of you guys are gonna call me and order up my super VP widgets? They are hard to come by so I may have to put you on a list.... Plus if I send you one it might not work as it should but just send it back and I will keep it awhile and then send it back to you. Heck I think I might even make a stage 2 and stage 3 widget.LOL
Hey Doug, maybe you can bring a couple to THE FALL BRAWL for me to try. How much do they smoke, do they make more power. Can I use it with stock injector lines and cross overs, is my turbo big enuff ?? Can wait !!! Steve B.

Originally Posted by farmboysdiesel
An 11.49 has already happend on fuel only with this pump and it has already made, not on my truck, over 750 rwhp - dyno proven.
I have seen this truck first hand and can vouch to its ability.

Here are the dyno results I have found:
ben@npd said:
Most of you guys dont know me. My name is Ben I own Northeast Performance Diesel. There seems to be a lot of bad information here. I am a personal friend of the manufacturer of this pump. I just got off the phone with him and he cant believe what I had to tell him. There are only 3 distributors of this pump. Antrim isnt one of them. They supposedly only have sold and tested a stage 1 and have no idea about the stage 2 or 3. People are saying that the stage 3 isnt even built yet? I was testing one last summer. Gus does in fact have one. I also hold dyno sheets comparing a stock pump to a stage 2 and 3 on a mustang dyno on the same day.
The truck was running a single HTT 64/14, 7@.019 inj. and no electronics.
Stock:424 h.p. 892tq.
stage2: 520 h.p. 1081tq.
stage3: 551 h.p. 1099tq.
The manufacturer feels that more air will make the difference in #2 and #3 more significant because it flows alot more cc,s of fuel.
I will try my hardest to find time to post the dyno sheets on my website over the weekend northeastperformancediesel.com
I hope this helps

Will adding electronics to that pump bump it up a good bit more? or is it all they fuel they can put out?

12valve said:
Will adding electronics to that pump bump it up a good bit more? or is it all they fuel they can put out?
Good question they might make that without electronics but will they make what the electronics usually make on a standard pump. Prob not

12valve said:

That is the million dollar question..........................

For some reason the ones I saw dyno No , but as Timbo posted that guy had 7x19s ??????? my gosh man thats really over kill for a 64 better yet for most any VP #2 only with a streetable turbo ,

The guy I saw dyno @ indy with a stage 3 said his injectors were to big after he made his run they were 7x18 or 19 cant remeber with a 2.8 charger

Well, my theory on the smoke thing is this, bigass dirty injectors with firehoze sized lines will smoke an never clear...... But smoke is not an indicator of power, so..... Also From what I can figure, the 119 trap speeds arent breaking any world records for the weight they are at

I know the manufacturer of this pump also. with a redline box it is awesome. but then again I havent seen it run with the box off. and yes you need massive air to go with this setup.

Well I saw the truck that has the stage 2 monster pump on it in houston this weekend. All I can say is you wouldn't catch me driving that on the street. The truck died when it went into reverse. Now granted, it did haul ass down the sled pull track and did very well if I remember (can't remember the distance though) but it's definately not something I would want to run on the street. Sucker would barely idle and had a puff coming out of the stack every time it would fire like the big boys do.

After I thought about it, I remember seeing Jeff Strothkamp's truck at the Belle, MO pull last weekend. It has an idle with about 3/4s of a sec. between lopes, I also heard someone say it was a VP truck. Being a 1st gen body with a lope like that, I thought it was a 12V. But now that I think about it, if it is a VP truck, might it have VP pump that isn't a SO, HO or a HRVP? The truck is called "The Rare Breed" It has done well pulling around MO in the past, anyone know anything about that truck?

I think he has large injector lines. This causes a very erratic lope at idle. Couple that with some timing and very erratic.

Ya know I don't remember. My mind was still in a haze from the night before. But my buddy said he's seen it before and it's the one with the stage 2 pump on it.

That has to be Darren Smith's Truck.... It pulls very well.

first off i will say i dont know a whole lot nor do i claim to know a whole lot. the only thing i know is what i see.
A kid i know from over near convoy ohio named greg, has a 99 dodge with a six speed. last year with stk pump redline and hx50 (never dynoed) it ran good.
This year he has a pump that is supposed to make 425 hp on a bone stk trk. He still has a redline, custom intake comes in on the side of motor not top .078 lines i think, and an s-400. truck dynoed 518hp 10--tq way way over fueled lopes like Darren Smiths truck from what i hear they are the same pump.
I talk to Dustin Meyer and he deals with a guy named Mike Jerzemski (sp) supposedly Mike buillt Greg, Darren and several other pumps along with Gregs intake, Dustin Meyers (from diesel power challenge last year)s400 and a couple other turbos.
All i know is if you watch Darrens truck run early this year it flat out haulled Gregs truck ran way way better this year lopes like crazy shoots a pretty good flame too.
The rpm they turn i dont know for a fact but ive heard 4k and 4100 rpm
I am in no way knocking anyones rides, or the way they do things, but this is what i hear from them. This is all i know, im not saying this is the gospel this is just my 2 cents.
Like i said from the start i dont know a whole lot nor do i claim to just what i hear.

Back