Adrenaline's new 4000RPM box!

I think something was said in the dragon flow thread about, it bein the thing to compete with p-pumped trucks too, and from experience they are slinging apart! plus all the hype with the Adrenaline, I ran one and I got tired of the damn bucking and surging! the stupid thing didn't make that big of a difference to tolerate the surging, so I sold it and bought a TST!so we will see

They have a "4000rpms box" and don't know if it will do 3700 or 5000...

they dont know anything about what its gonna do but its gonna be the next big thing huh?

sounds to me like its gonna be a pile of burnt up $2000 DFVP's to me.

sure they can turn 4000+ but I wanna see one fueling there

im a skeptic, i heard how the ADR was the best thing since man discovered bagina back in the garden of eden and i've also heard of more people that sold them to go back to things like TST, Comps, smarty, redlines.

how are you guys seeing 4300 rpms with your redlines??? the higest ive recalled so far was 4077.

They have a "4000rpms box" and don't know if it will do 3700 or 5000...

they dont know anything about what its gonna do but its gonna be the next big thing huh?

sounds to me like its gonna be a pile of burnt up $2000 DFVP's to me.

im a skeptic, i heard how the ADR was the best thing since man discovered bagina back in the garden of eden and i've also heard of more people that sold them to go back to things like TST, Comps, smarty, redlines.

ive already got the parts to fix that waiting in the wing!

vp parts for sale.....

It has already proven to make more power than the Redline. Only problem I had was that the Adrenaline wouldn't launch at 4000+. He has completely changed the way he does the fueling with this new box. I know what you are saying TJ, we will never compare to P-pumps...thats for sure.
dyno graph.jpg

I'm real close to giving up on the ADR. After almost a year and a half of issues, 4 or 5 boxes, countless tunes, countless parameter adjustments, it just doesn't play well with big injectors. The final straw was this weeknd at the track with the "new and improved" firmware updated box. I couldn't make a full pass under power because of the bucking and popping on the top end. :doh: As soon as I switched back to my old Drag Comp it was smooth sailing and back into the 11's.

The ADR ran fine last year for racing, but ever since the updated firmware fix and now the lack of a 4k tune, it's been all down hill. I'm going to try one more tune I was told to try and if that don't work it's time to move on.

Hey did you get it yet? I got a call from quad today and mine should be here in the morning for testing as well.

im a skeptic, i heard how the ADR was the best thing since man discovered bagina back in the garden of eden and i've also heard of more people that sold them to go back to things like TST, Comps, smarty, redlines.[/QUOTE]

I have tried a drag comp as well as my adrenaline, and yes it was smooth, but it did not have the same power as the adrenaline makes. Maybe it was one of the weaker drags, but it didn't feel nearly as powerful. As for the tst, redline, and smarty, I haven't tried any of them. I heard the tst shudders real bad on the higher levels, but is a good box? $.02

I have tried a drag comp as well as my adrenaline, and yes it was smooth, but it did not have the same power as the adrenaline makes. Maybe it was one of the weaker drags, but it didn't feel nearly as powerful. As for the tst, redline, and smarty, I haven't tried any of them. I heard the tst shudders real bad on the higher levels, but is a good box? $.02[/QUOTE]

The TST PM3 was my favorite box that I tried. I had the Edge Comp, TST, Adr and Redline... though, in defense I melted a piston before I tried the Redline.

I've ran the tst/smarty, tst comp/smarty, edge comp, drag comp, an adr. Drag comp was smooth and strong, tst comp/smarty was wicked but had horrible shuttering coming off of the throttle on the upper levels (which anything above level 7 was useless), tst/smarty was smoother than the drag comp and made the same power, the adr is still having it's growing pains but I like how I can dial out whatever I don't want and dial in whatever I need.

One thing yall have to remember is that the tst and edge comp have been out for a long time and the redline has been out for a long time as well so they've had their chance to grow and fix their issues. Not to mention that quad is trying stuff that the other guys haven't so this is uncharted territory. Not trying to defend quad, just trying to put it in to perspective.

I've ran the tst/smarty, tst comp/smarty, edge comp, drag comp, an adr. Drag comp was smooth and strong, tst comp/smarty was wicked but had horrible shuttering coming off of the throttle on the upper levels (which anything above level 7 was useless), tst/smarty was smoother than the drag comp and made the same power, the adr is still having it's growing pains but I like how I can dial out whatever I don't want and dial in whatever I need.

One thing yall have to remember is that the tst and edge comp have been out for a long time and the redline has been out for a long time as well so they've had their chance to grow and fix their issues. Not to mention that quad is trying stuff that the other guys haven't so this is uncharted territory. Not trying to defend quad, just trying to put it in to perspective.

Well said. I sold my Drag comp after Edge couldn't fix the no power until I cycled the key problem. How long did it take them to figure that one out? Last I heard, they still are hit or miss.

The TST PM3 was my favorite box that I tried. I had the Edge Comp, TST, Adr and Redline... though, in defense I melted a piston before I tried the Redline.[/QUOTE]

Any shuddering or other side down sides to it? My frien ran one and said it was a pretty mean mofo.

I just bought a tst comp, I will let ya'll know compared to the adr how it does, hopefully!

I though the drag comp was still about the same, but the adr did a little better down low and up top of the rpm range!

Back