Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

They are countersunk allen socket screws... together they provide 80K# of tensile strength. We're going to try again to break it in a couple of weeks. :umno:

Did they break? Some pictures of a used and abused hitch would be nice.

No carnage - sorry to disappoint... :Cheer:

We have several trucks sharing it at the track; here's what it looks like today:

DSC00540 (Large).jpg

Not hoping for carnage, just curious to see how it did. From the picture it looks like you used square tube to brace the side of the channel that the ring sits in. Was that the thinking there, or was it for another reason? TIA

The 304SS floating tubes keep the lunette centered and the hitch pins in tight double-shear.

The LazarLunette was intended to prove out the design of a lightweight, unbreakable hitch that would always look good.
It allows more weight to go on the front axle.

Here is the one I built this year 2 1/2 in for the Reese Titan. I also moved my reciever 16" forward you need everything you can get with a reg cab long bed.

but the Reese Titan was too weak I had to reinforce it I bent it my 4th pull this year. Along with a twisted rear diff and a broken driveshaft. Hitch held up fine.

close up photo was too large to upload if interest I can email it

Attachments

• IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 309
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 138
Bout the thickness of a pop can. :hehe: :rules:

I am not dogging anyone here just want people to be safe.

A few weeks ago a puller from out of town came over to the shop. I removed his rear shield to get the drive shaft out. This thing looked great, clean well though out made of aluminum and everything. Then I grabbed it and realized that it was only 1/8" thick. I asked him about it and he tells me "its not I need them anyway." I then show him one that I had a u-joint explode in. Mine was 1/4" steel like the rules say and you can see the dent on the outside of it from the u-joint.

Long story short guys make them strong they work.

Just a note, if you come north of Florida, you will prolly get bounced for your hitch being under the truck.(at least it looks like it from the pics)

I have seen where people machine a 1/2" wide notch in the front portion, to allow the hook keeper to clear. That is kind of what I did with mine.

Not to sidetrack this thread but how thick is your rear u-joint shield?

My truck is set up for the rules in Florida, this is where I pull. If and when I go north of Florida I will set it up to fit the rules for where ever I'm going :rules:. If any of you want to get out of the cold this winter come down January to Inverness and pull with us. There will be three sleds for three days. The diesel trucks pull Dave Hagars "old ironsides" sled. After Inverness the next two weekends in a row are also national pulls in Ocala and Zellwood. Check it out and try to come.

http://www.citruscountytractorpull.com/

Back