Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

here one we used all season and now available for purchase
EDPCustomfabwork001.jpg

heres one we have been using the last couple of years,what can i say it was cheaper to build one then buy it
100_4884.jpg

Spurs_442, post 226, awesome bump stops, that will save some tail ights/sheetmetal.:rockwoot:easy to bolt on, easy t o take off.

hitches

here are a couple of the hitches i've put together for some guys here localy.

Attachments

• 100_0750.jpg
    100_0750.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_0765.jpg
    100_0765.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 238
Sure looks like it is.The cross member look like it is 2".

Dale

mind you thats what holds it UP not how it is mounted here is another view the hitch is actually mounted forward and up on the frame.

Attachments

• 100_0764.jpg
    100_0764.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 255
With a properly designed drawbar style hitch, the structure and/or assembly that is used to adjust height won't see much load at all.

Funny thing is that per the NTPA Rule book that I have that area of the hitch must be over twice as strong as the rest of the hitch.:bang

this truck has ran in NADM, DHRA and lots of other smaller pulling association pulls and has never been questioned. dmaxlover is exactly right. If you can get your hitch angle as close to the same angle as the chain is when it is hooked there is virtually no load on that point of the hitch. it is litteraly a straight pull

Not saying you are wrong just hate to think that I just made mine that big and heavy for no reason.

I like the looks of both of those hitches you made t3! I am going to build one nearly identical to that orange one over the winter, if not for sled use it works great for pullin' stuck vehicles out! lol. Is the plate with the 3" (or whatever) hole in it 1" thick by how many inches wide?

yeah it would work good for that! i got a few comments from some guys at the local mudding spot here. IT is 1" plat but i can't remember for sure but i think it was 8" by 10" or so. I'd have to go through my soloid works files and find it. JarrodGlover, yeah we asked around and checked out a few modified gas pullers at the pulls and checked the rules for associations it would b pulling in and found one that would work for all.

Looks like you would want a lot pulling down on the adjusting part of the hitch... just like a pry bar. If it was pulling strait...it wouldnt put as much down force on the back of the truck witch in turn puts more down force on the back tires!

Anyone Scratch build a reciever for their 2nd gen dodge. I'm in the process and would like to see some pics.

Back