So...where are the D-maxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I consider making it live the bottom end. I wouldnt include the CNC heads or rev kit or charger in that. Ill have abot 10K into mine with the rods, pistons, high flow oil pump, Valve springs, head studs and girdle. Now the go fast goodies, well it doesnt matter if your dodge ford or chev, they all cost about the same. A gt42, injectors and dual fuelers are the same price whether dodge or chev.

Signature600 said:
1200+ on a 5.9CR...650ish on a Duramax...not quite half:D

I like the Duramax for comfort, and I've said before they have impressed me, and are good runners, but I'm not into tearing engines out of a $35K truck to make for than 650 reliable HP. I like many things about how they drive, and feel, but they just aren't built heavy enough in the bottom end! I'll keep my Cummins for now, even if the heads don't flow as good, they smoke a lot, and blow HG's like they're going outta style!

They just fit me better:D
Chris

I've yet to blow a headgasket on a dmax at 45 psi and 34 degrees of timing advance at 600hp/1100tq. Plenty of cylinder pressure there to blow a HG but it won't. They're better than you think.

BFD99 said:
so why buck spruill swap his allison transmission to a dodge tranny then?

Because somebody kept playing with the transmission tuning ;)

It's hard to make a clutch to clutch trans shift as fast as an overrunning clutch tranny will.

Brayden @ FPE said:
I've yet to blow a headgasket on a dmax at 45 psi and 34 degrees of timing advance at 600hp/1100tq. Plenty of cylinder pressure there to blow a HG but it won't. They're better than you think.

He was reffering to his old goat by the looks of things

Brayden @ FPE said:

45 psi at 34* timing ..I am impressed !

I guarantee Chris meant popping headgaskets on his 12v Dodge.

What kind of timing is the pilot injection seeing at 34* main timing?

joefarmer said:
I guarantee Chris meant popping headgaskets on his 12v Dodge.

What kind of timing is the pilot injection seeing at 34* main timing?

Ever wonder why people bust cranks?

Brayden is :banned: from tuning for two weeks!:kick:

Bobo said:

Not sure you can break a crank with as little HP as you are running.

Single charger, stock engine trucks are outrunning you.

Brayden @ FPE said:
Because somebody kept playing with the transmission tuning ;)

It's hard to make a clutch to clutch trans shift as fast as an overrunning clutch tranny will.
you need better info.tranny tuning was not included in the tuning...back to whatever is being discussed..

McRat said:
Single charger, stock engine trucks are outrunning you.

Let em think they can. Tell them to put their money where their mouth is. I'll own em!:kick: Better yet, you have a couple stock engine trucks. Let me know when you want to show me how fast they are!:hehe:

I was told to quit playing with fire too when I was a kid but it was fun...

My motor is down on compression anyways... Kind of trying to blow it up. I'm probably not running as much cylinder pressure as you are since it's only making around 480hp.

Bobo said:

Bobo said:
Let em think they can. Tell them to put their money where their mouth is. I'll own em!:kick: Better yet, you have a couple stock engine trucks. Let me know when you want to show me how fast they are!:hehe:

Basically, 98% of your internet posts are slamming other truck folk.
1% are bragging how fast you are.
1% is false advertising for products you want to pawn off on folk.

You haven't even run a 11 yet, you needed a driver change to do it, but put it in your signature anyhow.

Don't take it personal; it's fairly typical of Internet Cowboys. Just saddleup buckwheat. ;)

McRat said:
Basically, 98% of your internet posts are slamming other truck folk.
1% are bragging how fast you are.
1% is false advertising for products you want to pawn off on folk.

You haven't even run a 11 yet, you needed a driver change to do it, but put it in your signature anyhow.

Don't take it personal; it's fairly typical of Internet Cowboys. Just saddleup buckwheat. ;)

I don't have anything to prove. If I did, I'd go to the track and prove it. Think what you want, but this cowboy can ride and you know it.

Bragging how fast I am? 11.8 is not fast...and I know that, but again...I have nothing to prove.

False advertising? WTF..you must be drunk again??? Your the advertising *****. You promote your agenda, products you use...and most are junk. Your customers can't repeat any of your results, but they are okay with that since you give them false hopes that they can be like their hero, McRat. Your test data and procedures are a figment of your imagination. I test more products in a week than you do in a year....but I don't go on the net and brag about them every day. From big single trucks, twin trucks, down to the stock charger ones, I've tested them all. Products from all manufactures and a lot of custom applications....all in my back pocket...but I don't feel the need to brag about it on the net to get false hopes or premature sales brewing from posting.

I'm happy to see how infatuated you are with my truck. The offer is still on the table for you to prove that you can whoop it with one of your stock motor trucks......saddle up cowgirl!:hehe:

As far as Pat jumping in on all my posts to be the great defender, I was just joking with Brayden and did not mean any harm. He has a sense of humor as do I, so he don't need an net hero to his defense. Thanks for tryin, McCowgirl. Brayden trys new things and thinks outside the box....and he tries it on his own truck so he don't blow others up. You gotta respect him for that.

Last edited:
Bobo i just wanna say something. Every product i have ever putting on my truck that has come from pat has been notice able on the dyno and on the track. I dont no where u get your information from some people like pat have a full time job and works on his hobbys on the side. What do u do? Sit on here internet race and try to come up with excuses on why your truck wont break the 12 barrer. Come on now I have no beef with either of u guys. But we should be working with each other rather then against. By the time u two are done arguing powerstrokes will be beating us all.

I don't have anything to prove. If I did, I'd go to the track and prove it. Think what you want, but this cowboy can ride and you know it.

Bragging how fast I am? 11.8 is not fast...and I know that, but again...I have nothing to prove.

False advertising? WTF..you must be drunk again??? Your the advertising *****. You promote your agenda, products you use...and most are junk. Your customers can't repeat any of your results, but they are okay with that since you give them false hopes that they can be like their hero, McRat. Your test data and procedures are a figment of your imagination. I test more products in a week than you do in a year....but I don't go on the net and brag about them every day. From big single trucks, twin trucks, down to the stock charger ones, I've tested them all. Products from all manufactures and a lot of custom applications....all in my back pocket...but I don't feel the need to brag about it on the net to get false hopes or premature sales brewing from posting.

I'm happy to see how infatuated you are with my truck. The offer is still on the table for you to prove that you can whoop it with one of your stock motor trucks......saddle up cowgirl!:hehe:

As far as Pat jumping in on all my posts to be the great defender, I was just joking with Brayden and did not mean any harm. He has a sense of humor as do I, so he don't need an net hero to his defense. Thanks for tryin, McCowgirl. Brayden trys new things and thinks outside the box....and he tries it on his own truck so he don't blow others up. You gotta respect him for that.

You say you've tested more things.... not on your truck though, right? Also, you said this about Brayden: "Brayden trys (<-- nice spelling here by the way ;) ) new things and thinks outside the box....and he tries it on his own truck so he don't blow others up. You gotta respect him for that" Since, by your own admission, you don't do that, we owe you no respect, right?

You say most of the parts Pat has tested are junk... Which ones? is it the HTT charger? any of the PPE chargers? how about the PPE tuning? or maybe it's the downpipes? I think you see where this is going but I'm curious to see what you pull out of your ass this time. My prediction: you won't give a straight legitimate answer as that would be too hard for you to think that much. Instead, I suspect you'll be crawfishing and, instead, will shoot some lame insult at me about "who am I to question you" or "what dog do you have in this fight?" or "what do you have done to your truck" or probably even call me a "typical McRat cheerleader" or you might even ignore this post completely. All of which would be anything but an answer to these questions and 100% crawfishing.

Also, how about you man up, pay some vendor fees and quit soliciting a service under the table on these forums??? :rules:

:pop:

It would be real nice to one time not read a thread about Dmaxes that turns into a bit(h fest....just some food for thought. I come over here sometime to get away from that....and it follows.

Straight from the Mcrat Forums:

SmokeShow
Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2006
Ride: 2002 Chevy 2500HD
Engine: LB7 BABY!!!!!!
Transmission: Automatic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grey 2002 Chevrolet 2500HD D/A EC SB LS

SCIII and X-Case brace by MA, EFI Live w/ "Team Salad" tuning on a Trippin DSP5, 5" exhaust, Fumoto Valve, 5% tint, partially debadged , Rhino Bed Liner, El Cheapo Air Intake, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold, Champagne taste and a beer budget

Plenty of fun stuff in the works.

Last Activity: Today 04:00 PM

So you have almost 1200 posts on McRats forums that have been around for a year or so and I'm not supposed to think you have an agenda? I'd figure he could man up and defend himself....guess not. He, by the way, is the one that jumped in here to call me out. Here I am, cowboy.

I've never tried anything on my own truck. It blew up twice on it's own. I'm glad you assume I don't do any testing or that if I do a test on another truck that it is not valid. What am I selling under the table? McRat gives away the best tunes and has all the best products...so WTF could I possibly sell?

You want examples of Pat's agenda and junk products?? Can you handle the truth without this post getting deleted? I've said what is junk, what he lies about, what his agenda is...and it always gets deleted because he complains to the admins. The fact is, he don't want to hear the truth because it will hurt his business. He has a following of leaches that won't jump off the train if it is headed for a cliff. Where were all his leaches when he needed help while trying to cheat down in Huston? You guys should follow him every where he goes so when he lies or cheats you can get him out of it. Then we won't need to read about it on every website for months on end when he tries to save face about his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back