Project DeRanged truck progress

Yeah, we took it to three tracks, and all 3 scales were broken. WTF???? Its going on a diet anyway. It is officially no longer gonna be street legal. FIgure we can drop a couple hundred pretty easy......if we need to.

So after the TS race I realized she needs a diet, so we cut out the entire cooling system, radiator, hoses, bottles, etc. ALso removed the right passenger seat, belts and mounts, all the carpet, and removed one battery, and one nitrous bottle and moved the other bottle next to the battery.

seat.jpg

Newbottle.jpg

Timmy, come out and play
Timmy, come out and playay
Timmy, come out and playayay
Timmy, come out and playayayay

:tree:

As soon as I get my shocks back.....er your shocks back, LOL the TC flash raised and the Anti roll bar in place. A few weeks.

Cool. I was wondering if it was back up and running or not. Hope you get your stuff back in time.

RonA

I doubt you'll have to worry about it at diesel events, but NHRA rules prohibit a separately actuated braking system. You may have heard of this already, apparently it is a several-year-old rule that was instituted when John Force added a 2nd braking system to use to fight tire spin. A number of Top Dragster cars have 2nd systems as a backup, with a hand lever to actuate them, and NHRA has been making them remove the lever. Rumor has it the rule will be rescinded soon, as several drivers are pointing out that they are forcing them to remove a SAFETY device.

BTW - do you have a line lock on it for releasing, or will you just release the lever on a launch?

I did not hear that, but I won't be taking it off. Its a great safety backup incase I blow a tire and take out a hard line.

I have it on a hand lever for now, but its run through a line lock. That is eventually the idea. We have some bugs to work out no doubt.

Back