Project DeRanged truck progress

I cannot believe you would put the birth of your first child in front of making a trans brake. Unbelievable, I see how you are.

The more I look at everybody else's trucks, the more I think I'm just gonna start from scratch again on the Fordota. :doh:

I cannot believe you would put the birth of your first child in front of making a trans brake. Unbelievable, I see how you are.

Do you really think you can get a trans brake to work on one of the high torque engines?? Please forgive my ignorance but how are you going to deal with the instant snap on the drive line (s if a 4x4) once the trans brake is let go, sounds like instant shaft snap to me.

Well, were only pushing 3500#'s vs 7500, and the 5R110 is an electrical mechanical tranny vs pure mechanical, so locking Fwd and Rev at the same time requ.........well, no actually we have no idea, thats why Doug is working on it.

Well, were only pushing 3500#'s vs 7500, and the 5R110 is an electrical mechanical tranny vs pure mechanical, so locking Fwd and Rev at the same time requ.........well, no actually we have no idea, thats why Doug is working on it.

and didn't someone else on this site use a trans break on a 12v? it was very quick if i remember correctly and didn't have TOO many issues?

I have the valve body all drawn out. I have the spots tapped into for line pressure and the little block designed for the apply and release circuits. I wanted to do it hydraulically to keep from aggrivating the electrical side. Now, machining the block and drilling the case is all thats required to get the wires connected to the new solenoid.

It works. Just need to make it pretty...

I think one of the tougher items is getting a trans brake to hold behind a decent diesel. If nothing else, it can offer a little more braking which can be combined with regular old-fashioned foot braking...

I think one of the tougher items is getting a trans brake to hold behind a decent diesel. If nothing else, it can offer a little more braking which can be combined with regular old-fashioned foot braking...

It's more the prob. of finding a convertor and internals that can handle the shock. Anything of weight will break all day long, it was tough enough to get it to work with my Pro Street truck even at 4500, it takes a damn good convertor and I have one. Think of the load and stress the convertors going through when low and rev. is applied together and 30-100# boost is present, better be some good stuff in there:hehe:

It's more the prob. of finding a convertor and internals that can handle the shock. Anything of weight will break all day long, it was tough enough to get it to work with my Pro Street truck even at 4500, it takes a damn good convertor and I have one. Think of the load and stress the convertors going through when low and rev. is applied together and 30-100# boost is present, better be some good stuff in there:hehe:

Preach on brother man!! :bang :bang :hehe: Is it bad when you can "pour" your stator out of your converter.. Bwhahahahaha. :hehe:

Well its been a while, but were getting closer to getting it back together. We were getting a little hot and only used our snow kit once, but when I told Matt Snow it was warm, he didn't flinch. Sent to my door is a second Snow kit, this one on a hobbs switch and a 220 PSI pump.

Snow_x_2.jpg

Back