Drive pressure particle trap?

has anyone, or would it work, to use an electric guage and sender? obviously you would still need the long coiled tubing to keep the heat from melting it

maybe my autometer gauge is mis matched to my HTT manifold. i get soot up the tube as well.

you are fuking annoying*bdh*

Just because there is no flow in the sensor line does not mean it will not be contaminated with soot.

Lance, when you get some made, PM me.

you are fuking annoying*bdh*

Just because there is no flow in the sensor line does not mean it will not be contaminated with soot.

Lance, when you get some made, PM me.

lol. :)

I agree, no real amount of flow. If there was flow the smell of exhaust would be obvious with an in cab mechanical gauge.

Please, explain the forces at work here old wise one. Why does soot end up at the gauge?

lol. :)

I agree, no real amount of flow. If there was flow the smell of exhaust would be obvious with an in cab mechanical gauge.

Please, explain the forces at work here old wise one. Why does soot end up at the gauge?

Same process as when someone lights up a smoke in a room 50 feet away and two mins later your sucking on it.

here's the 1st test mule
dptrap01.jpeg

Still need to mount the BOV and run a line... Then get on the old dyno and see how it does.

No net flow in the closed system...but plenty of mixing of the soot. I want one bad too...count me in. I hate having to do gauge maintenance...lol

Well if the line plugs going to the BOV, I won't have boost... which will be B A D.
One might want a capped boost line to serve as backup "just in case" .

Well if the line plugs going to the BOV, I won't have boost... which will be B A D. <br />
One might want a capped boost line to serve as backup "just in case" .
how do you run a mechanical bov on a diesel with no vacuum source? thought a bov on a diesel had to be electronic like bd

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DP tells the bov when to open, drop dp then the bov will open.
This should function as a water trap as well.

I thought the point of a bov was to eliminate turbo bark. dp is still pressure, same as boost. with what you said, you could hook boost to it. drop boost and it will open. always thought boost kept a bov closed and vacuum opened it when throttle was released

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back