feedback on my project please.

I decided to start a project and wanted to build something just insanely impractical,

OP. I think you nailed your entire project right there in bold.

Mostly, performance trucks are built for a purpose. Yours is all over the place, just because.

I say do whatever you want with your money.

just reading the last few replies, I thought y'all were just being hard on the OP. now that i read from the beginning, i think you're going easy on him:hehe::hehe:

to the OP, you asked for feedback, why? are you just looking for justification or confirmation of what you've already decided to do? or are you actually looking for feedback?

i think you've watched one too many gymkhana videos... can't wait to see your hand brake setup:hehe:

YEE YEE!

Gots me a bottle fed man pedal jack off shifter 800hp with a cage so I can knock some sense into me when 3rd gear lets go in the trans and I roll the truck...

Seriously dude?

Well I think this thread is at it's end. I'll admit it is a unique build and most can't, won't or don't agree with it so I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for some of the help though.

You asked for feedback.

You got it.

Now you want to tuck tail?

Are you wanting to learn or are you looking for praise?

If you seriosly want this truck to go around a corner well, do the following.
1. Do not put leaf springs or a solid axle in the front.
2. Move the drivetrain as far back as possible
3. Leave it 2 wheel drive. It'll be lighter and wont oversteer, as bad.
4. Big antiroll bars front and back
5. Even bigger brakes
6. Auto trans
7. Limited slip rear end
That'll get you a good start.

5. Even bigger brakes
6. Auto trans
7. Limited slip rear end

That old ford comes to mind. I think it was featured in a mag recently. Ol smoky or something?
Old Smokey F1 The Quest For 200mph - Speedhunters

Last edited:
All I can add is that the OP needs to take a good, hard look in the mirror to see if the current arrangement of the head is suitable. Sounds like a death trap in regards to the cage (bumps to the noggin, knees, elbows, and for extrication in a wreck without a fire suit).

Not my first choice either, but the concept (and arguably execution) is solid.

Where's that Dick Carson? He would have some words if this was on facespace

Last edited:
Old Smokey sure didn't have trouble supporting all that weight with the coilovers.....

OP, I am really just trying to figure out what your "vision" is. You just want it to look like a race truck... and have power like a race truck... but not ever take it to a track? You want it to be on the verge of not being street legal... but never drive it anywhere but on the street?

From what I can tell, you want the truck to look super fast and scary, while MAYBE being close to as fast as it looks? So that you can drive it around town on Saturday nights and beat other little kids in Hondas then meet at the closest parking lot so people can ohh and awww over your truck while you tell them that it is capable of doing 10s when you don't even have a single timeslip to prove it?

Is all that about right?

The series of ideas range frome mediocre to bad, and make zero sense.

800hp 4x4 cornering on the street with slicks and a cage? I don't want you to die, but I hope you kill yourself in the inevitable wreck before someone else.

5. Even bigger brakes
6. Auto trans
7. Limited slip rear end

What he said. Ask me how I know....

0a56c193ab7fbb3e45d9fd81a61917f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The series of ideas range frome mediocre to bad, and make zero sense.

800hp 4x4 cornering on the street with slicks and a cage? I don't want you to die, but I hope you kill yourself in the inevitable wreck before someone else.

That sums it up best.

OP...sorry but I really think you need to go back to the drawing board on this one. We can all dream that a solid axled 4x4 will run 10s and hang with a vette around a track exists, but in reality it never will.

I have been told that if I have nothing constructive to post, not to post in this thread anymore. Have fun with your project..... Ahole!

I have been told that if I have nothing constructive to post, not to post in this thread anymore. Have fun with your project..... Ahole!

We could just change the subject. I hate to see you get tossed out of this exhilarating thread.

...So, how's it going? Read any good books lately.

Back