Complaints about parking fees and drunk retards

I think if they charged admission for everybody in the vehicle at the gate or something like that it would keep the partiers out. The people in the hotel room next to mine didn't even go to the pulls... Which it sounded like was the case for a lot of the people.

Rusty, I would LOVE that idea....but they cannot write ublic Intox tickets inside the fairgrounds. The grounds are owned by the WVFB and its not private property.

Look the event is comming back next year, Dennis I think you need to have a meeting with Dan and help him solve all this. I mean TS was just as bad a few years ago, now its MUCH calmer!!! SDX just gets worse and worse every year and there isnt being anything done to stop it from getting even more out of hand!!!

Yeah it seems like alot of people didn't even goto the pull, they just went to Terre Haute to have a place to party and get drunk and tear up stuff. There is no need to go terrorize the town and black out every intersection you go to. That is uncalled for, makes all the pullers and racers look horrible.

Anthony, my son and I met your wife and two kids Sat. They were really nice, I'm not sure why they like you though.LOL Pretty girl and Daisey were very nice, my son was hoping your wife was single, he was disappointed to find out she was married, but when he found out she was married to you his hopes were high again because apparently her standards aren't.:hehe:Seriously though your wife and dogs were very nice.

Lol It took alot of beer to get her to marry me. I don't need some youngster coming along and wooing her!:hehe: We decided to bring the 4 legged kids to the event. I was hoping unbroken was gonna be there so I could let big boy piss on his tire(Just kidding Dick). Wish I could have got to meet you as well. I got alot of comments about my wife. I think some of these guys just hang out with me in hopes I bring her along.:rockwoot:

Well for my 3rd post lol. I used to go to a huge mud run every year and it got out of control like this. They banned alcohol from it. Each truck got the bed and tool boxes checked for coolers. If they had one. They took them out and stacked them up and you could get it on the way out. If you didn't agree. You were told to turn around by the Sheriff that was standing at the entrance gate. Just a quick check like that will get rid of most of it. Yes some will still get booze in. I think it will cut it back enough that folks arent scared to bring their children to the event and camp again. You want to drink. You will have to get a hotel. Then I believe its the cities job to enforce things.

My Gf brother walked out of the Saturday night pull to go to the restroom and seen five drunk cursing at the kid that was checking arm bands. So instead of confronting them he saw a cop 20ft away and told him he should go check up on the kid. Said when he came back that 2 of the guys were in cuffs being taking away.

I had a points pull Saturday and on my way back in the fair grounds about 4:00ish. I couldn't tell you how many times I got smoked out because the kids thought they had something to prove sense we had a pulling truck on the trailer.

I feel for the men/women responsible for putting on this show. It's a catch 22. Allow alchohol or not.

Anyone can be an armchair (Monday morning) quarterback. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

It was what it was, and from the sounds of it was a successfull event with some "idiots".

I would think in the future that an increased police force in the town and surrounding areas starting Thursday night or Friday would help curtail things (try to stop it before it gets out of hand by setting some early examples). I would think if they cracked down on the idiots/offenders, they could write enough tickets to recoup much of the added cost of extra patrols (i.e. not being a financial burden)

I've noticed at events we hold (although NOWHERE near the size), when we have a beer tent and designated drinking area (searching trucks on the way in for hidden booze) vs. bring your own and drink almost anywhere, we have much less problems. Having a dedicated drinking area seems to cut down on 95% of the drunken idiots. I'm no fool, people still sneak stuff in and drink in the pits and other areas, but when they have to sneak it and can't be open about it they tend to not drink as quickly or be as stupid about it.

It sounds like the event itself went on well and I wish the promotors luck for next year.

WOW reading all this....the pullings truck hitch on our new paint job not allowing us to attend was a blessing??? LOL........

I posted on FB how I had a good time, but wasn't sure if I would be attending ever again because of the idiots. Now all my friends who were the ones who were the drunk idiots raising hell are calling me a cry baby because im trying to say that if things dont change there may not be a SDX any more. So I guess those of us who are there to compete and act mature are all cry babies cuz we dont like the burn outs and drunk idiots.

Here's our chance at policing our own! People in Terre Haute are all over FB saying get SDX out of town. If you knew some people that were there being Dumb Asses, let them know! I would love to see this grow, and get bigger, but not like this! I hope someone gets a handle on this and it get worked out!

Problem with policing your own is it normally ends up in a fight. So it is one or 2 sober people telling 10-15 drunks to settle down. That doesnt work. it needs to be done by the right authorities. This policing your own should not have to be done its up the security force to keep the piece. I mean i love to fight but just like Ryan they stopped the crap and somebody came back and keyed his truck. You shouldnt have to go to these events(none of them) and worry about your safety or your properties saftey.

schied need to take a stand and not let in (ANY) beer in the fairgrounds and the police need to wright tickets for every smoke and burnout, not let anyone set on the parking lots, I know it sounds extream but if the drunks and the driving around was stoped it would help alot.

Problem with policing your own is it normally ends up in a fight. So it is one or 2 sober people telling 10-15 drunks to settle down. That doesnt work. it needs to be done by the right authorities. This policing your own should not have to be done its up the security force to keep the piece. I mean i love to fight but just like Ryan they stopped the crap and somebody came back and keyed his truck. You shouldnt have to go to these events(none of them) and worry about your safety or your properties saftey.[/

I mean when you get home, and 4-5 buddies that you or any competitor invited, road around and made a ass out of theirself wan a act like it was such a great weekend cause they climbed up on top of Burlington Coat factory. Tell they they aren't welcome to come back! That's not what it's about! Or whoever stood on my exhaust pipe, and bent it, they have it coming one daybif. That's just not a way to carry yourself. Maybe instead of a ticket for under age drinking, take them 2 jail, call mom & daddy! I don't know about you, but I'm way too proud of what little bit I have that I want someone that obviously appreciates nothing destroying it.

ok i miss understood what you were saying, in that aspect then yea if i knew the people i would be the first to lite them up about being stupid

Back