Complaints about parking fees and drunk retards

Yeah, I guess what really needs to be done is praise for the fairgrounds. Dennis, what happened to your event when people acted like tards at Beech Bend?? I guess your lucky Dallas forgave you enough to let you try it again the next year. It would be too easy for the fairground in TH say enough....then what?

I have no complaints about the $$$ at all...in fact, the only complaints I have about things inside the grounds is all the stuppid drunk asses yelling at chicks to show there tit's especially inside the stands durring the pull's....woman couldn't even leave there seats or enter the stands without being harrassed!!!!!

After we were all gone Sunday/Monday...I could just have imagined the mess that was around there

Ryan, you must have been sitting near the 320 mark....top row, one of the guys had that rather cool Budlight box cowboy hat?

I have no complaints about the $$$ at all...in fact, the only complaints I have about things inside the grounds is all the stuppid drunk asses yelling at chicks to show there tit's especially inside the stands durring the pull's....woman couldn't even leave there seats or enter the stands without being harrassed!!!!!

After we were all gone Sunday/Monday...I could just have imagined the mess that was around there

Ryan, you must have been sitting near the 320 mark....top row, one of the guys had that rather cool Budlight box cowboy hat?

Or possibly the starting line annoucers stand side Saturday evening. Me, BossHawg, La Rae & Kim from PureDieselPower, and some others were all sitting together there for the 2.6/2.8 finals. Some drunk guy was hollering the same things....he changed his tune when one of the girls he yelled at's Father came down and damn near shoved him out of his seat and told him "That's my f**king daughter how about I kick your ass?":kick: ...the idiot still went on to explain it to one of his buddies girlfriends that came back shortly after saying how he felt bad it being someones daughter:bs::bang and one of his buddies turned around and told him to "F**king DROP IT NOW"...then he was pretty quiet the rest of the time.

I drove all my friends around all weekend long, we split a parking pass for my truck, and I made a stop at the liquor store for them everyday & twice on Saturday...they carried their cooler into the stands which I was grateful for keeping my gatorade cold(I'm the jack@$$ that tripped and spilled the cooler while being distracted by some daisy dukes Saturday morning LOL ) and behaved civilized while going through two 18 packs a day (between 3 grown men & 1 woman). They are the exception.

I for one would not mind AT ALL if all alcohol was banned from this event!:rockwoot:

Yeah, I was a little to the left of that goof. There where also a bunch of other guys up at the top corner (350+ foot mark) that where even worse...If I wouldn't have have had my 4 month old and my wife with me and not had to worry about crossing back across the boarder I would have pounded at least one of them...it was getting pretty bad!!!!

Ryan, yeah I went to get a drink and heard what one of them was saying to a bigger girl that was walking down below....He for sure needs an attitude adjustment.

We moved to the "pit side" before the 3.0 class took off to get away. Low and behold same thing...just different tards over there too!

Heck I didnt even tough an Adult Beverage until Saturday night....but it was a Lone Star........And the truck didnt move from the time I got back from the pulls til I woke up for the drags in the AM.

I have no complaints about parking, never had a problem there. But the people who just drive in to do burnouts and drink beer all day....thats were the problem lies!!!!

Haha, there were a few Texans there.......Got to say, Lone Star is some dang good brew!!!!!

So anyone else here the rumors about it moving to indy Fairgrounds next year? Heard it form a few dfferent places while up there. Wonder how well the Indianapolis PD will deal with it all if that were the case. Policing our own is a great place to start but like mentioned we have to make sure we remain part of the solution, not become a contributing factor to the problem. I was in the Hotel there by Burlington parking lot and was amazed at the events, I like watching stupid people:bang:hehe: But I had no problem walking down through the parking lot to the front of the store and getting the dumbasses off of the roof of the building. Other than the one I had to throw an empty beer can at to get his attention but still had no probelem getting 6 or 7 of them off the roof and actually got thanked by a bunch of the guys in the crowd for doing so. There were cops in the parking lot the whole time.:badidea: It did get way out of hand and 15 min after the cops pushed everyone out of the parking lot there were 3 wrecks (diesels drunks vs compact cars in no way involved in the event within eye sight of the hotel) so its one thing to have a good time and im all for it but it will ruin it for all. Dont know if it would be any better in INDY but Ill bet the arrest numbers would be higher.

So anyone else here the rumors about it moving to indy Fairgrounds next year? Heard it form a few dfferent places while up there. Wonder how well the Indianapolis PD will deal with it all if that were the case. Policing our own is a great place to start but like mentioned we have to make sure we remain part of the solution, not become a contributing factor to the problem. I was in the Hotel there by Burlington parking lot and was amazed at the events, I like watching stupid people:bang:hehe: But I had no problem walking down through the parking lot to the front of the store and getting the dumbasses off of the roof of the building. Other than the one I had to throw an empty beer can at to get his attention but still had no probelem getting 6 or 7 of them off the roof and actually got thanked by a bunch of the guys in the crowd for doing so. There were cops in the parking lot the whole time.:badidea: It did get way out of hand and 15 min after the cops pushed everyone out of the parking lot there were 3 wrecks (diesels drunks vs compact cars in no way involved in the event within eye sight of the hotel) so its one thing to have a good time and im all for it but it will ruin it for all. Dont know if it would be any better in INDY but Ill bet the arrest numbers would be higher.

Are you talking about O'rielly Raceway Park? The Indy fairgrounds (Marion Co. Fairgrounds) does not have a drag strip. I doubt it will ever be moved, but if they did the cops in Indy would not allow the shenanigans to go on.

My son and I were at the Nationals last night and with 100 thousand people in attendance, there was no slobbering drunks, no show us your tits, not on burn out other than on the track. It was a great atmosphere for everyone. What is the difference, the average age group who attends or an older group of people who would knock the sh!t out of dunb ass kids who were out of hand?

If moved to ORP, I cant see any of that crap happening. The "party hotels" were in Plainfield. I can tell you that if you so much as barked your tires, you were pulled over. There were aprox 9 officers that stayed in our hotel parking lot and mobile command unit ( police RV) within eye sight that you got to visit if you were being foolish.

BUT!!!!! Bear in mind, it worked up to that "strictness" over a period of a few years. First year I went to DHRA's event it was just as bad. The second year the local police tried to be cool, yet firm, even told us about being less of a burden if we went to the warehouse district. By the third year, the locals had enough. The hotels raised their prices to a rate 30%-50% higher than the norm.It was obvious the city (local enforcement and residents) didnt want us there.

Every big event like this THOUSANDS are spent in advertising TO THE LOCALS in order to get butts in the stands. The butts in the stands are very important when considering where and when these events are planned. Think Im wrong? Name an event where the only people showed were the competitors. ( or at least for the most part) It gets axed off the list for next year. At the end of the event, you have to pay the track, the officials, the purses, ect. If you lost revenue, you move on to a different venue. You cant have an event with 400 people in the stands. There in lies the problem. You have to get the local people through the gate and sitting in the stands to WATCH YOU COMPETE. The bigger the crowd, the more money. The more money the more competition trucks. The more money, the better the "show".

YET, people piss of the local people. They see the horse crap that goes on and they want no part of it. OUR VERY OWN people have shot the event in the butt before it even happened. ( fri night) All the locals see is a drunkin cult with smokey trucks worshiping some guy named " Sleddy" lol :woohoo:

Are you talking about O'rielly Raceway Park? The Indy fairgrounds (Marion Co. Fairgrounds) does not have a drag strip. I doubt it will ever be moved, but if they did the cops in Indy would not allow the shenanigans to go on.

My son and I were at the Nationals last night and with 100 thousand people in attendance, there was no slobbering drunks, no show us your tits, not on burn out other than on the track. It was a great atmosphere for everyone. What is the difference, the average age group who attends or an older group of people who would knock the sh!t out of dunb ass kids who were out of hand?

Not sure which fairgrounds they were talking about just heard Indy, sorry Im not familar with that area at all, this was my first trip to SDX. I know I used to run a super comp altered up to Erie OH for a BIG NHRA drag event that brought cars like John Force and his Daughter Ashley and many other top fuelers it was a 3 day event (halloween) and you did not see any of this kind of stuff there either they actually decorated all the Hundreds and hundreds of car trailers Haloween night for the kids and had trick or treat during these hours you didnt even fire up a car. They were not strict on alcohol but I can promise you if you made it evident you were stupid it was the end of your trip.

Where'd you get a lonestar

That would of been us:cheer:
And I got a beer bottle thrown at my truck on the way out of the Fairgrounds on Saturday night because we didn't do a burn out, lucky the drunk hit the tire. I jumped out but all there was a huge crowd screaming and no on to blame. We drove all the way from Texas and I thought it was way out of control there. The cops had someone pulled over at all times, but that was just a free pass for the idiots to run around smoking them out while they were tied up.

Jared

yeah that would have set me off as well, would have been glad to help ya "police our own" there boss. for those of us that feel the same way about these type of incidents that are going next year we need to coordinate a meeting place for all of us to meet and roll in together. anyone hear about beans truck, the camo one that got keyed bad, that is grounds for absolutely peer policing.

Well one way to control the entering and leaving section of the fairgrouds would be to set up Vendor tents on both sides of that area. All the way up the drive on both sides. That will keep the drunks from throwing things and just being mentally challenged in that area.

Scheid needs to post way more security. With as many people at the event, what ratio of event staff to people would there be? 400 to 1? This staff needs to be used as bouncers from the event, and lead the problems out away from the pull and have the police there to assist in either escourting them out of the event, or off to the slammer. If they resist, then guess what you just helped the Terre Haute economy, and the state of Indiana. Heck post signs that says all offenses fines will be doubled in this area. Make the fines high enough, and that will limit the problems.

Scheid can police the event and the grounds! It is there responsibility.

The Police cheif can do the rest!

The next thing will be some drunk idiot to become mad about something, pull a gun and shoot somebody for something dumb, or shoot several innocent bystanders. Don't say it wont happen, because you just never know.

he changed his tune when one of the girls he yelled at's Father came down and damn near shoved him out of his seat and told him "That's my f**king daughter how about I kick your ass?":kick: ...the idiot still went on to explain it to one of his buddies girlfriends that came back shortly after saying how he felt bad it being someones daughter:bs::bang and one of his buddies turned around and told him to "F**king DROP IT NOW"...then he was pretty quiet the rest of the time.

That was me!!! I told him to drop it... HE was being a FKing retard....

Back