Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Tried to google DD camshaft failures, didnt find anything. But I found some australian article that said camshaft design was completely changed in 2012 or something like that. More for performance reasons, no mention about trouble with old cams.

No your right Leiffi. It’s a great design done in the interest of longevity and quality. Just like the aluminum rocker housings with no cam bearings. That compounded with that quality fuel system makes for one bullet proof engine that holds highest resale value. I expect to see them selling higher than eagle pu$$y at the next truck auction.

The fleet of 300 trucks here that told me of the cam issues and showed me a bad one just changes them because it’s fun. They also ordered KW’s with Cummins because the DD’s were too flawless and didn’t leave enough work to justify keeping their shop open.

In fact once I learn how they manufacture those I’m thinking of getting my wife a new diamond ring. I’m going to get it one size too big and just have her slam her finger in the door so it will swell up and fit. Works for a cam so it should work for a finger right?

No your right Leiffi. It’s a great design done in the interest of longevity and quality. Just like the aluminum rocker housings with no cam bearings. That compounded with that quality fuel system makes for one bullet proof engine that holds highest resale value. I expect to see them selling higher than eagle pu$$y at the next truck auction.

The fleet of 300 trucks here that told me of the cam issues and showed me a bad one just changes them because it’s fun. They also ordered KW’s with Cummins because the DD’s were too flawless and didn’t leave enough work to justify keeping their shop open.

In fact once I learn how they manufacture those I’m thinking of getting my wife a new diamond ring. I’m going to get it one size too big and just have her slam her finger in the door so it will swell up and fit. Works for a cam so it should work for a finger right?
Fleet rep isn't trust worthy anyway, if they are like most fleets, the cost center responsible for preventative maintenance and the cost center responsible for engine repairs are exclusive. The PM manager doesn't care that the oil is in the engine for too long. His bottom line looks good.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Turbos. Injector cups. Rocker cover gaskets. Delta p ports clogging. Wiring running around front of motor rubbing in two because of wire loom.

Word on DD13 from conway/xpo

Thats why i was asking
For such an intellegent guy i was surprised hes drinking the single turbo koolaid

Part of me hoping someone here knew him and there was an explanation

He is just being fed BS, they are going to put what looks like an s400 on that D9 he operates, the D353 in that thing is 24L.

Massey actually offers a 3'x4' round baler, but the 4'x5' and 4'x6' are our most popular sizes. You get out West farther and the 5'x6' balers are all they sell, but here in the east a lot of folks still like the narrower bale if they have to move them.

As for the 10' being wide, it's not to me either, I don't get too worried below about 16' wide.

Chris

He is just being fed BS, they are going to put what looks like an s400 on that D9 he operates, the D353 in that thing is 24L.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. We put an HX60 on a truck when a place was testing various turbos on the dyno. The HX60 we built made more power than the borg consistently and was less expensive. They preferred the S410 "because it made more boost pressure".

There was an argument erupting on the PDD Instagram post of Finnegan's wedge truck about boost pressure causing lifted heads. Half of them didn't know the difference between fire rings and orings

Fleet rep isn't trust worthy anyway, if they are like most fleets, the cost center responsible for preventative maintenance and the cost center responsible for engine repairs are exclusive. The PM manager doesn't care that the oil is in the engine for too long. His bottom line looks good.

Wasn’t the rep, was the head shop monkey.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. We put an HX60 on a truck when a place was testing various turbos on the dyno. The HX60 we built made more power than the borg consistently and was less expensive. They preferred the S410 "because it made more boost pressure".

772472485a604e13c41d2831373f9773.jpg

I was just thinking all of the extra bales it would make over a 5x6. I would go insane having to pick all of them up.

I'm sure Chris has been to a few farms where mid size tractors have hard time getting in/out of places just because of their size, like 5000 series JD are "big" tractors for these areas

this doesn't surprise me one bit. We put an hx60 on a truck when a place was testing various turbos on the dyno. The hx60 we built made more power than the borg consistently and was less expensive. They preferred the s410 "because it made more boost pressure".

moar boost! Lower egts!

Lmao

One of those must have been a nightmare in the hills/curves of the Appalachia region!
57bcd59842221898e548e33d4b44ab66.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thats what those BS tuner companies like PDI are selling, stock turbo with smaller exhaust housing without wastegate.

One bad cam ? Ok, now I believe.

Back