Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Dad brought back a tile machine that weighed 60,000 lbs from Iowa.

cebb5a5b6f4b851144c2e3a6ce005c40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of those must have been a nightmare in the hills/curves of the Appalachia region!
57bcd59842221898e548e33d4b44ab66.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I ran a DM600 with twin sticks for a while. It would make your hair stand up.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t call it BS, I call it genius. Doesn’t every business strive to sell 1/2 as many items at twice the price?

I would tend to agree to a point. Except the part where they claim to put upgraded bearings and wheels in them to justify the price. Get them apart and they are a box stock borgs from wheel to wheel. That is what curdles my piss is the blatant lying.

There was an argument erupting on the PDD Instagram post of Finnegan's wedge truck about boost pressure causing lifted heads. Half of them didn't know the difference between fire rings and orings

Boost blows head gaskets. :nail:

OK guys, pretty sure I already know the answer....

2005-2006 models.....C13 or ISX?

Obviously, I'd prefer the big CAT not a C13, but for 55K lbs I would think the C13 would be plenty. I just have never been that impressed with an ISX, and I feel like it's a timebomb...

Agree or disagree?
Chris

Obviously, I'd prefer the big CAT not a C13, but for 55K lbs I would think the C13 would be plenty. I just have never been that impressed with an ISX, and I feel like it's a timebomb...

Agree or disagree?
Chris

IMO C13. ISX that old can cost a fortune if things haven’t been replaced like fuel and timing actuators or overhead. Neither are cheap to overhaul.

After talking to Leiffi I’m leaning toward an truck with a new Detroit. I’m looking at this jewel sitting here and can’t see what’s not to love. The only thing that would make this one better is if it wasn’t in a concrete truck and it was crammed down half under the cab of a Cascadia.
34cc0e441ac72286d89ed33b2a189f8c.jpg

So does anybody have a lead on a good running B model cat before I start attempting to fix mine?

I asked a buddy and this is what I got back

“I have a C 8PN without a fuel pump. A aftercooled 7fb if I don’t use it. For the right price a 4mg complete I could pull out of another truck”

IMO C13. ISX that old can cost a fortune if things haven’t been replaced like fuel and timing actuators or overhead. Neither are cheap to overhaul.

After talking to Leiffi I’m leaning toward an truck with a new Detroit. I’m looking at this jewel sitting here and can’t see what’s not to love. The only thing that would make this one better is if it wasn’t in a concrete truck and it was crammed down half under the cab of a Cascadia.
34cc0e441ac72286d89ed33b2a189f8c.jpg

Jesus that looks worse than our stuff crammed in a tractor!

Most we're looking at has 8-900K on them, and while I know that's getting close to needing an OH, we're only going to be putting maybe 30K a year on it.

We're definitely looking for yellow engines, and would prefer a 15L, but if I find the right truck or cheap enough truck we might take something else. Whatever we get will be tuned and any garbage removed...

Chris

Agree or disagree?
Chris
If you go C13, put the high volume oil pump on it immediately.
The Cams and followers can go all to ****, roughly at the 600k mile mark depending on maintenance and use.

Our c-13’s have been good to us but we pull good maintenance.
Both of them have 525hp tunes in them and are really no slouch and get good fuel mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like it, bottom of the piston was nice and wet with oil.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This hasn’t been apart recently? Seen guys get lazy and not take oilers out before they pull pistons and bend one with the rod. Doesn’t take much.

Back