Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I’ve got a hot water 3500psi washer that might wash the gay off when you get done driving that. Although it’s still 100% cooler than a Volvo.

I disagree a Volvo is 10x the truck than one of those. Clearly you have not driven both.

I disagree a Volvo is 10x the truck than one of those. Clearly you have not driven both.

Yes, I have unfortunately but don’t take Columbia being better as a compliment. A turd is still a turd just one smells worse. The worst truck on the road is the Prostar/Lonestar. HORRIBLE to work on, wind noise is unbelievable and the mirrors shake so bad they’re unusable because they are bolted to the thin doors. Electrical system is a joke, and the icing on the cake is the guys who spec them with the “European” Maxxforce and an auto shift. It’s like a Turducken of the worst of the worst, they don’t even scrap well.

I have, would take the classic XL setting in the driveway over any volvo I have been in or around.

Too bad the engineer that designed that truck probably got fired because he put the f-ing engine out in front of the firewall. And did it by at least 8” where you can work on it.

As bad as the cab on my fld sucks, I don't think I've ever seen a Volvo or ih cab that was better. That being said wifey and I don't talk in my fld because we get tired of yelling at each other over the wind noise. Then we get in our t800 and it's like being in a Lincoln. Why didn't those engineers just buy a Paccar product and copy it?

As bad as the cab on my fld sucks, I don't think I've ever seen a Volvo or ih cab that was better. That being said wifey and I don't talk in my fld because we get tired of yelling at each other over the wind noise. Then we get in our t800 and it's like being in a Lincoln. Why didn't those engineers just buy a Paccar product and copy it?

Eh?

I don't think a paccar truck can ever be as quiet as a Volvo. Aluminum construction vs iron.my dad's 770 is way quieter and nicer riding than my t800.

Interior quality is way better on my t800.

Eh?

I don't think a paccar truck can ever be as quiet as a Volvo. Aluminum construction vs iron.my dad's 770 is way quieter and nicer riding than my t800.

If you don’t have the “quiet cab” it is probably loud. The extra insulation makes a huge difference. And how do you know wearing that goofy azz headset like an NFL coach. Lol

Yea I boss was tired of me taking pictures and taking pride in my truck so he gave me this.
49dded6c27b5317fc1a303c61c4d9d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What’s a recommended replacement turbo for a 3406c? Bw?
3zj engine I’m told

Not the half electric.

Last edited:
Eh?

How does the material the cab is made of dictate how quiet it is? Does the rust of a Volvo quiet it down?

The FLD was a good truck. Cheap to fix, easy to work on and they made millions of them so parts are easy to find.

How does the material the cab is made of dictate how quiet it is? Does the rust of a Volvo quiet it down?

Is this a serious question? Yes cab/sleeper constructed of iron will be quieter than one out of aluminum.

If you don’t have the “quiet cab” it is probably loud. The extra insulation makes a huge difference. And how do you know wearing that goofy azz headset like an NFL coach. Lol

Not sure if I do. Was planning on doing a huge insulating job. It's comparable to other kenworth and Pete's I've been in.

Lizard skin plus 2 part spray foam on the inside, dynamat extreme on the outside of the bottom. That should do it!

Edit: the truck is warm and winter and cool in summer. Well insulated just not sound. No idea if that's quiet cab or not.

Last edited:
Is this a serious question? Yes cab/sleeper constructed of iron will be quieter than one out of aluminum.

Not sure if I do. Was planning on doing a huge insulating job. It's comparable to other kenworth and Pete's I've been in.

Lizard skin plus 2 part spray foam on the inside, dynamat extreme on the outside of the bottom. That should do it!

Edit: the truck is warm and winter and cool in summer. Well insulated just not sound. No idea if that's quiet cab or not.

Lmao. Maybe you need to sell that worn out rattle trap or put the glass pipe down.

No thanks. Doesn't rattle at all. Interior is solid. Just not quiet enough, especially the sleeper. I have the emergency doors with the large glass. I stuffed insulation in there. But it's almost ridiculous how much sound comes through compared to say a volvo.

No thanks. Doesn't rattle at all. Interior is solid. Just not quiet enough, especially the sleeper. I have the emergency doors with the large glass. I stuffed insulation in there. But it's almost ridiculous how much sound comes through compared to say a volvo.

My 94 900 and my dads 07 900 are both quieter and have no rattles or shakes like my dads 07 Pete that’s full of plastic compartments.

2e9e8e6402ee54e0f3f7342b845801f4.jpg

I know this is a Peterbilt/Kenworth/ Caterpillar page but here’s Dads FLD all shined up!

It at least has a Cat. But it’s only a mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you get autoinflation systems on steers?

Reason I ask is I woke up to my neighbors air dryer going off every 15 seconds. A short while later he pulls up about 30 feet and backs up 10. Air dryer still going off every 15 seconds and not quiet either. Start waking up and here is his steer tire off the wheel flat on the ground, and his aluminum wheel touching ground.

What kind of idiot doesn't investigate an air leak like that before moving? My guess he has an auto inflation system so he figures he never has to check his tires.

Back