Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Now I'm home and can explain it a bit better. If you look along the bottom of the two long flat bars from the rear of the truck they should line up perfectly with each other. Parrallel to each other and the ground. I like to take the time to get it spot on.

With the cab I had a mechanic tell me half way between top and bottom but I found this to be too low. The rear of the sleeper was low and it looked funny plus rode rough. I'm quite a bit higher than that point. I've had some people say put a level on the sleeper after doing the rear suspension and get the cab perfectly level. Make sure the ground is level too.

Personally I don't think any measurement is needed, they're both easy to do and probably the easiest suspensions to get right out of any truck I've owned.

Just a rough ride.and the linkage was all crazy on the cab ride valve. Its tore tbe sleeper boot because of it. I think i got the rear suspension situated. The cab situated. Now its just the steer axle. I put new pins and bustings in it, but the 3 other similar trucks in the shop have much shorter shackle bars than this one. I have a set of short ones i may try and see how the ride is effected.
Im sure wore out pins didnt help

Attachments

• 20180206_185612_Burst01.jpg
    20180206_185612_Burst01.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 0
Just a rough ride.and the linkage was all crazy on the cab ride valve. Its tore tbe sleeper boot because of it. I think i got the rear suspension situated. The cab situated. Now its just the steer axle. I put new pins and bustings in it, but the 3 other similar trucks in the shop have much shorter shackle bars than this one. I have a set of short ones i may try and see how the ride is effected.

This have the low/wide axle? Mine has the long shackles and has the “car hauler” axle which is like 3” wider and has a 1.5” lower drop. Add that to the disk brake hubs that are 1” wider than drum and I can turn and check my own tail lights.

The 8 bag is rough no matter how set. I’ve got 2 of them. I regret swapping out my ag100 for a 400. Should have went with airliner or something else. I’ll be selling these diffs in the future and doing that. It just a shame because I got disc brakes and almost new suspension with 4 ways for cheap.

Is all fuel just 110% chit anymore? If I don’t treat every single tank, I have problems anymore. It’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never mind... wasn’t a fuel problem.
f8bd88d92813dc4d7d9d3d8e44e0ae46.jpg

Never mind... wasn’t a fuel problem.
f8bd88d92813dc4d7d9d3d8e44e0ae46.jpg

When you siphon fuel out of the company truck next to you never put the hose all the way in the bottom of the tank. And if they have those gay anti-siphon things and you remove the bottom plug always discard the first few gallons.

When you siphon fuel out of the company truck next to you never put the hose all the way in the bottom of the tank. And if they have those gay anti-siphon things and you remove the bottom plug always discard the first few gallons.

Yea I’m still learning.
We now know it has even larger issues. It’s using oil at a pretty good rate.

Yea I’m still learning.
We now know it has even larger issues. It’s using oil at a pretty good rate.

Which truck is this again? Thinking you're not in the red Pete right now, but can remember what. So would this make you 2 for 2 on taking out trucks this yr?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

W7BHcqk.jpg

Friend of mine just picked up this truck to move his small construction equipment. I drove it and it is as tight as a new truck. It shifts very well and runs as smooth as silk. It is going to get a paint job, some chrome, and cleaned up.

1991 Ford L9000
3406B
9 Speed
38k original miles

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me why a company would require a private carrier to have an elog, even on an exempt truck? I got a couple customers that are being told they have to comply even though the truck doesnt??? Wtf. I quit drivin just before this chitstorm, baffles me.

You are rough on equiptment

Which truck is this again? Thinking you're not in the red Pete right now, but can remember what. So would this make you 2 for 2 on taking out trucks this yr?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is still the red truck. Picture is fuel lines coming apart. That all came out of the water separator.

Can anyone explain to me why a company would require a private carrier to have an elog, even on an exempt truck? I got a couple customers that are being told they have to comply even though the truck doesnt??? Wtf. I quit drivin just before this chitstorm, baffles me.

That’s a classic case of stupidity. Probably too dumb to know about any or all exemptions and just make a blanket rule. Ryder handles the freight for one of our accounts and they just sent out a questionnaire asking about elogs and how many of my trucks will be running them. I replied with 0 and it stopped there.

Back