S363 or s464

I'm not set and stone but that's what I have my eyes on. I would like to step up to a 366 or 467. But I kno I need a bigger exhaust housing for my egts. If I go big wheel and big housing. Itle never take off.

I'm still wondering about the 68 turbine vs the 71 or 74. Guessing 74 is gonna glow better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't have that much fuel. A 62/68 or 64/71 would be fine with those injectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That's why I have been looking at a s400. More flow. But is it to much. That's why I'm here with you all. Thinking a smaller compressor housing with larger exhaust. One will get my egts better. And two. won't lag as bad as a large compressor with a large exhaust. If that makes since

I'm curious as to the actual gate ports diameter vs the T3. Are they actually bigger, or is it a T3 gate on a T4 flanged housing. If that's the case, it's pointless IMO.

Edited: brain fart, long day

Last edited:
That housing in the 73mm is a modified 68mm housing. That is the housing made for the DT466 replacements.

You are comparing two entirely different turbochargers. The S464 and S363 are nothing alike. You will have a hard time making the power you want with a vp with either charger. More turbine flow does not automatically equal more power. Are we talking west coast power for sales or are we talking a true 600 midwest corn fed horsepower?

That's why I have been looking at a s400. More flow. But is it to much. That's why I'm here with you all. Thinking a smaller compressor housing with larger exhaust. One will get my egts better. And two. won't lag as bad as a large compressor with a large exhaust. If that makes since

s364sxe/73/.91 T4?

That housing in the 73mm is a modified 68mm housing. That is the housing made for the DT466 replacements.

The short outlet housings both wastegated and non are from Deere applications, the long outlet housing is from the DT466.

You are comparing two entirely different turbochargers. The S464 and S363 are nothing alike. You will have a hard time making the power you want with a vp with either charger. More turbine flow does not automatically equal more power. Are we talking west coast power for sales or are we talking a true 600 midwest corn fed horsepower?

Well said, I personally would never put anything larger than a 68mm turbine on the manifold of a VP44 equipped engine.

Are we talking west coast power for sales or are we talking a true 600 midwest corn fed horsepower?[/QUOTE]

600hp is what everybody makes right? lmao they think its a simple turbo and injector swap

:Cheer:

I hope that wasn't pointed towards me. I never said it was simple or just turbo and injectors. It is hard to get power out of this engine. I'm just trying to find something that will take my egts from 1700 to 1300-1500 and hope when I spray my water meth I can get 1200-1300. I was just curios the difference from a s300 to s400. I'm guessing the s400 turbine housing can't work on a s300?

you have much to learn.... start reading. and no they wont. shoot for 450-500hp and plan for compounds in the future. a 500hp vp truck is a pleasure to drive if built correctly. nothing to shake a stick at. ditch the t4 stuff and go back to t3.

you have a couple really smart guys that have chimed in on this post. (not me) your about to start getting verbally abused asking questions like you are from one of them his name starts with an S I think. lol we all like turbo and fuel questions, but very open ones flare opinions. just an FYI

Last edited:
The short outlet housings both wastegated and non are from Deere applications, the long outlet housing is from the DT466.

Well said, I personally would never put anything larger than a 68mm turbine on the manifold of a VP44 equipped engine.

Ah. I never clicked the link so I assumed DT466 since most of the 62FMW are robbed from that platform.

Agreed on the manifold charger on a vp engine. We have guys who seem to like the 66 sxe as a single but they tow absolutely zero and get warm on a hard pull obviously.

OP: Yes an S400 can be used and make big power (for a vp) but it will not drive well. Period. There are more differences in an S300 and S400 than just bearings and wheel sizes. They are exactly like I said: two entirely different turbochargers. They share nothing other than the borg warner name. We have built S463.5 chargers with an extremely tight exhaust side modified from another platform for competition vp trucks running compounds but they aren't my cup of tea. Just something the customer insisted on. Put a 63/68 in a gated T3 housing on that truck and you will enjoy it.

Back