Truckers, lets see your rigs!

All 34xx engines should be reasonably close in size to each other, the 3412 is just a 3408 with 4 more cylinders. Just like the detroits

All 34xx engines should be reasonably close in size to each other, the 3412 is just a 3408 with 4 more cylinders. Just like the detroits

Depends on the intended packaging.
Turbos after coolers manifolds oil pans belt drives change.

From My Not-So-Smart Phone

Might as well go all out and do a quad turbo one while your at it.
null_zps31155e95.jpg

I'm not sure if it would fit with that turbo setup or not, it might even be too wide for a cabover with the outset turbos.

My ideal setup would be a C32 with marine cams and injectors, then a Perkins turbo on each bank at the back, it would be a monster with a custom ECM tune.

drats could you fit a 3412 or any other Cat V12 in a sya Long nose pete,Shaker clasic, ETC any LONG nose truck????

Nothing over a 3408, and they never really pushed the power limit on it to save from breaking the cranks. Highest truck app was 503hp and those aren't very common.

So there was a guess what engine this is post on Facebook tonight and nobody has guessed this one yet. Any takers?

Attachments

• pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
I like 15overs however, it all depends on what you will be using the truck for as well.

I'll run it for a few runs and see if it grows on me. Going thru the suspension right now, king pins, all bushings, shocks, etc. Clutch doesn't engage at all so see if it will adjust or just put a fresh clutch in. Most of the gauges are shot do I'm chewing on which way I want to go with the dash. Also doing U joints & Carrier while I have it apart. Get the wheels to the polisher, then wrapped in fresh rubber and see how she drives. Doesn't have air ride on the cab or the seats( basically a frame bolted to the floor) so I felt everything on the ride back with it lol. Trying to find the correct way to add sir ride to the cab and pick a good set of seats. I'm also tempted to tear all the interior out and dynomatting the whole cab & sleeper just to see how quiet I can get the inside :)

Those cabs weren't designed for the stress of air ride, the first air ride cabs were the unibilts and the sleeper and cab are bolted together. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add the extra structure to a 379, some guys have put beams under the cab and sleeper on 359's to support them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

A Deere painted the wrong color? It looks like a roosa master ip, and no accessories on the front would lead me to believe it was a stationary or off road app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back